Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking on Father's Day?

124»

Comments

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Peach preserves smothered butt went on before 8, should be good for dinner.  Might have to see if we can get some other very distanced from family folks like us over for dinner.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545

Looks like a loin from the top
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Three slabs of St. Louis cut ribs. Spicy Dizzy Dust and Peach preserves now. Sauce TBD. Pecan wood chunks.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    It looks like I might be able to do 4 racks with that set up with a little trimming.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited June 2020
    Happy Father's Day all!

Was not planning anything but picked up some picnic shoulders because they were .88 loonie a lb. Scored one and rubbed with simple salt, sugar, baking powder last night. Spinning now, haven't decided how to finish or what sauces to make.

canuckland
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Egging 5 lbs of Flap Meat for Carne Asada Tacos, with a side of Cilantro Lime Rice, home made Pico de Gallo and scratch made refried beans.  If I were energetic, I'd make my own flour tortillas, but by the time I need to tortillas, I am likely to be several beers into the day....so store bought tortillas it is!
    All you dads, enjoy your day, be well, stay safe, wash your hands, etc. etc. etc.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Niece brought Banana Pudding. Not nearly enough, doubt anyone else will get any.

Feeling really bad for them. For about one second.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gooddogjudge
    gooddogjudge Posts: 106
    Tomahawk steak.  Reverse sear. Can't wait.
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Beef Ribs
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    I've got 3 racks of pork ribs going and a spatchcock chicken waiting to go on.
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    The Korean chicken skewers and flatbread - these things had a kick:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    The Korean chicken skewers and flatbread - these things had a kick:

Gracious, that looks delicious.

Happy Father's Day.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Did pizza and steak today 

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Sous Vide Tri Tip n Taters.  Kinda low key around here today 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Foghorn said:
    Modified pepper stout beef a little. Marinated a Pike’s Peak Roast in a mixture made by my daughter - a little vinegar, honey, whiskey, aromatics, salt, and some other things. Replaced 2/3 of the Guinness with 1/3 chimichurri, and 1/3 apple habanero BBQ sauce.  It was outstanding. And I got a sous vide for Fathers Day so we did some whiskey honey carrots.  FYI, we didn’t think about the fact that the alcohol couldn’t evaporate off... until later. 

And some manchego cheese that was marinated in wine - then smoked - then fried in panko - with smoked olives. 
    1. I like what you did with the roast.
    2. The olive business looks like a hot mess... A tasty, delicious, hot mess. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    the wings for fathers day came out great.  i hope all of yall had a good fathers day.

Cheers.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    @caliking, the smoked cheese thing with smoked olives is a lot of work.  The first time we make it we couldn't find Manchego cheese so we did it with Asiago as a substitute.  This time we found Manchego.  We agreed that Asiago was better.

Did I mention that it's a lot of work?  But she did most of it because it was Fathers Day.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    A large chef's salad - topped with grilled steelhead trout - grilled on the MiniMax - A dark Porter
    Home made ice cream and Chocolate bunt cake
    Appetizer - Jerk Shrimp

A good day - MrToad 

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large