Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT**The Unofficially Official Pizza Thread**OT

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I often do Jim Lahey's no knead dough. Mix it in the morning and use it that evening. I think he calls for an 8-18 hour room temp rise. Eight's been fine for me.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/03/jim-laheys-no-knead-pizza-dough-recipe.html

https://www.handletheheat.com/the-best-no-knead-pizza-dough-ever/

Same recipe I think.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Or if you really want a quick pie, try a Chicago deep dish in less than two hours!

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1167656/how-to-make-authentic-chicago-deep-dish-pizza-in-two-hours-or-less/p1

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    SD crust.  Nduja, blue cheese, hot honey.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Pepperoni, mozzarella, goat cheese, french shallots, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze:

Two dynamite back to back post. I need to get some dough going! 😎
    Well done! I haven't craved pizza this bad at 7:30am since college 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• paqman
    Getting ready for my next one, found nduja, imported Italian burrata and fresh yeast.

@paqman - you’re killing it man!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    you took the words out of my mouth, honest!
    canuckland
  • paqman
    I’ve come a long long way thanks to this forum!

Now I need to figure what I’ll do this winter not being able to bake decent pies. 😂

paqman said:

Now I need to figure what I’ll do this winter not being able to bake decent pies. 😂
    problem solved  =)
    https://www.breville.com/ca/en/smart-oven-pizzaiolo/home.html
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman said:

problem solved  =)
    https://www.breville.com/ca/en/smart-oven-pizzaiolo/home.html
    I’ve already had a look at it 😂 I don’t have enough counter top space for it 🤷‍♂️.  I’ve been having fun with Detroit style indoors but I need to remember to unplug the fire alarm before baking because it inevitably ends up in tons of smoke.

edited June 2020
    Cooked these over the last couple of days. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    @SciAggie - crusts look great!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    was looking at some old pizza cooks, deepdish with ziti, sauce, cheese shrimp and lobster stuffing, cant say why i did this but it was good. plated on some leftover spaghetti sauce. maybe it truly belongs in the what am i drinking thread

photo DSC_0390jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @SciAggie - crusts look great!
    I tried something new. This was 10% Whole Wheat, about 8% Spelt, and the balance gold medal bread flour (the only BF available here). It was 65% hydration, 2% salt, and 20% sourdough levain. 
    It made a good crust. It browned well, and had a good balance of chew and crispiness. I’ll probably make it again. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182

Crust got away from me on the one side a bit in the roccbox but still a pretty delicious pizza for dinner. Pepperoni, mozzarella, habanero cheese, and topped with some fresh green onion from the garden and a basil infused salt.

Brandon - Ohio

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    A few pies in the roccbox today!!!!!
    Great looking crusts! 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Ghost pepper bbq chicken alfredo roasted red pepper pizza. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Woah I would like to taste - Where is the ghost pepper in that gooey conjunction??
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    NDG said:
    Woah I would like to taste - Where is the ghost pepper in that gooey conjunction??
    Sorry, I should have been a little more thorough. It was ghost peeper bbq sauce. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Bumpity Bump
    I had somehow managed to completely forget about this thread.

• Glad to see this one resurface.  It's one of my favorites.

Also, it's been way too long since I've made any pizza.  I need to rectify that.  
  • ColtsFan
    Glad to see this one resurface.  It's one of my favorites.

Also, it's been way too long since I've made any pizza.  I need to rectify that.  
    Same. I need to bust out the Ardore

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I was looking for this one this morning and couldn't find it. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dough for tonight's offering to the great pizza gods.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    edited August 2022
    It has been entirely too long since we broke out the pizza oven. Started yesterday morning by making a batch of dough at 68% hydration for a 36 hour proof in the fridge.

First pie we did was an apple and brie on a ricotta base. I stole this from JIC years ago. I hit it with some hot honey before serving. 

Second pie was potato, bacon and Gorgonzola on ricotta. Third was pepperoni and bell pepper. The oven was a little too hot for this one. It got a little dark. @Dawgtired here is the thread 

• Leedog
    Leedog Posts: 18

One we done a couple of weeks ago