Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    bangor307 said:
    It's a used one but I've wanted a Shirley forever. Finally dried out enough to move it to the back deck with all my other cookers. Can't wait to use it!
    Enjoy! They're fantastic smokers! Paul is awesome and frequent forum member over on the BBQ Brethren. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    ColtsFan said:
    GE Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker.  Arrived Tuesday.  Game Changer.

https://www.geappliances.com/ge/icemakers/opal-nugget-icemaker.htm
    I have one in the office. You'll love it
    Please school me on this as our refrigerator ice maker is a certified POS. No water or drain line hookup? Is it noisy? 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @bangor307 -  You can't wear out a Shirley.  Playing with sticks is a totally different ball-game.  Have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    edited May 2020
    kl8ton said:
    Another Horse
    From what I understand.  . . And this goes with many things.  . . This is the cheapest part if it? 
    Yes, buying is the cheap part.  Between trucks, trailers, feed, vets, ferrier, dentist, chiropractor, supplements, entry fees, etc horses are not cheap.  Trail horses can be relatively inexpensive, but performance horses definitely are not cheap.  My monthly horse bills are more than the mortgage on my first house, and I only have 3.

My daughter is in 4H and she had to track all the horse costs.  It was mind boggling.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2020
    My wife is currently looking at a zebra.  We have a friend who has one, they are crazy creatures, but can be fun and are unique. (Supposedly absolute terrors, I know they can jump real high, even from a stand still)

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    kl8ton said:
    Another Horse
    From what I understand.  . . And this goes with many things.  . . This is the cheapest part if it? 
    Yes, buying is the cheap part.  Between trucks, trailers, feed, vets, ferrier, dentist, chiropractor, supplements, entry fees, etc horses are not cheap.  Trail horses can be relatively inexpensive, but performance horses definitely are not cheap.  My monthly horse bills are more than the mortgage on my first house, and I only have 3.

My daughter is in 4H and she had to track all the horse costs.  It was mind boggling.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    My wife is currently looking at a zebra.  We have a friend who has one, they are crazy creatures, but can be fun and are unique. (Supposedly absolute terrors, I know they can jump real high, even from a stand still)

They will stomp a mudhole in a coyote's A$$ I hear.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac

They are very good at killing predators for sure.  Evolving in Africa with lions and other large predators would definitely require some unique traits.  A number of those traits make them very hard to handle, they require a lot of patience and positive reinforcement.  Hopefully, we stick to horses, donkeys, and mules, but every time I see a zebra for sale I wonder.
  • frazzdaddy

They are very good at killing predators for sure.  Evolving in Africa with lions and other large predators would definitely require some unique traits.  A number of those traits make them very hard to handle, they require a lot of patience and positive reinforcement.  Hopefully, we stick to horses, donkeys, and mules, but every time I see a zebra for sale I wonder.
    We have three horses now as well as a slew of other critters. Would like to try a couple of alpacas. My wife would make it a Zoo if we could.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2020

We have three horses now as well as a slew of other critters. Would like to try a couple of alpacas. My wife would make it a Zoo if we could.
    Haha!  I think our wives would get along.  I never know what I might come home too.

What kind of horses do you have?
  • frazzdaddy
    edited May 2020

Haha!  I think our wives would get along.  I never know what I might come home too.

What kind of horses do you have?
    Two Cleveland Bays and a Thoroughbred @ 17.5 hands that doesn't quite understand how big he is.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2020
    Very cool, I have never been around Cleveland Bays, but they are very good looking breed.  We have 3 quarter horses.  For the rodeo and our types of trails they are a great breed.  They range from 14.2 to 16.1 small by your horses standards!

Did you mean 17.2 for that thorough bred?  Even at that, he is a monster.  I rode a 17.1 hand thorough bred for a few years, I really liked the vantage point.  
  • frazzdaddy
    Yes, typo. He is a big teddy bear that likes to cuddle. MIL swears he has Secretariat lineage, which might explain why he never made it to the track,lol .
    The Bay's have big hooves. Wife does want a quarter horse. We were looking a bit before the world went goofy.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Conecuh Sausage restock

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited May 2020

I have 2 big duck hunts coming up this winter...planning on getting the jitters out of the way early
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

The thinner sister to the 19. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686

Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s

Always been a Fender guy... got the itch for a Gibson, and man, has it changed my viewpoint!  SO easy to play and that sound...

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    It’s going down for real
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    After 10 years of trouble-free use, I have decided to replace my Panasonic Plasma TV.
    I have purchased a 2019 Samsung Q90 - 65 Inch TV.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/65-class-q90r-qled-smart-4k-uhd-tv-2019-qn65q90rafxza/

It's really nice to be able to watch TV in the day with the windows open. I didn't realize how dim the old plasma was.

The Onkyo 5008 is next on the list for replacement, along with the Oppo Blu-ray/Sacd player. The Oppo is a fantastic player for music, but sadly it won't do the newer Ultra HD Blu-ray format.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    GregW said:
    After 10 years of trouble-free use, I have decided to replace my Panasonic Plasma TV.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/65-class-q90r-qled-smart-4k-uhd-tv-2019-qn65q90rafxza/

It's really nice to be able to watch TV in the day with the windows open. I didn't realize how dim the old plasma was.

The Onkyo 5008 is next on the list for replacement, along with the Oppo Blu-ray/Sacd player. The Oppo is a fantastic player for music, but sadly it won't do the newer Ultra HD Blu-ray format.
    Look at Anthem AV products - great sound at a good price. I agree on the Oppo, my BDP-105 is a great piece, but could use some updating. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    edited May 2020
    CTMike said:
    GregW said:

Look at Anthem AV products - great sound at a good price. I agree on the Oppo, my BDP-105 is a great piece, but could use some updating. 
    I was hoping someone would make a recommendation for a new receiver.
    Do you own an Anthem? 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    GregW said:

We got a 82” Q7 last weekend and it’s great. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Just placed an order for curbside pickup with a local butcher.  2 bone in ribeyes, a chuck roast, pork butt, and 2 pounds each of ground chuck, hot Italian sausage, and bacon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Half a pig.  

Just talked to butcher about what cuts I want.  Now to find a freezer.  . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Two 10 ounce jars of spicy Walkerswood jerk paste through Amazoid. Probably slightly Spicey but cheaper than a 45 mile one way trip to Whole Foods. 
  • ColtsFan
    kl8ton said:
    Half a pig.  

Hard item to find. I just grabbed one off Webstaurantstore. I checked Friday and they showed a few Galaxy commercial chest freezers in stock

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    kl8ton said:
    Half a pig.  

Check a restaurant surplus store. Surely there are a lot of used commercial grade freezers available. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Mickey said:

The thinner sister to the 19. 

Love my 48....
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColtsFan