Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Liquor Cabinet pic ??

Options

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    edited May 2020
    Options

As discussed earlier - only the patron has some remaining inventory... Besides the mixers. 

PS - fun thread!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    @Matt86m Nice bull! I euro mount almost everything I kill. They tell great stories without consuming the 20 cubic feet an elk shoulder mount requires! 
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    @Acn that 25 yr old has to be original Stitzel Weller juice, no? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    No electricity, back in the day you put a block of ice in it to keep things cold.
    I pseudo restored the outside, interior is all original. Nickle plated the hardware.

This is awesome!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Since I am generally a beer kinda guy- I can monitor 12 oz at a time easier than free pour. ;)   Anyway my "Liqour cabinet" is generally when in the mood I buy a bottle of something.

Anyway went to a local distillery signed up for a "tasting"

Came home made this- Horseradish Vodka

So then last night I mixed this up

We go out there several times a year. Fun place. Our kids went to school with their kids.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Calbbqer said:

I keep eyeballing that Japanese whiskey at the market! 
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • JethroBodeen
    JethroBodeen Posts: 524
    Options
    I can only see the Blantons and Woodford in every picture. I'm not sure why....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I plead da...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I can only see the Blantons and Woodford in every picture. I'm not sure why....
    I saw a Pappy's in one pic, and I don't even do bourbon.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    My eye is drawn to the Eagle Rare when it is present.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Granted the scenery may have changed in south Texas but eleven months ago I was able to find Eagle Rare (at the "normal price point") in Austin, on the shelf.  Happy Hunting!  (BTW- that has not happened here for a few years.)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Calbbqer said:

That Yamazaki is some good stuff.  When I went to Japan a couple years ago I was able to mooch a bunch of that and even a couple glasses of the 25.  I was looking all over trying to find any of those bottles in the line up to bring home and couldn't find it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Foghorn said:
    Granted the scenery may have changed in south Texas but eleven months ago I was able to find Eagle Rare (at the "normal price point") in Austin, on the shelf.  Happy Hunting!  (BTW- that has not happened here for a few years.)
    I may or may not have 5 bottles stashed under the stairs...I usually grab 2 bottles when I can find it at a good price (sub $45).  Some people may say that I'm hoarding, but it gets drank a lot plus I'll share (give) bottles to friends.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    xfire_ATX said:

Came home made this- Horseradish Vodka
    We've got a place near us that distills horseradish vodka and it is a game-changer for bloodies.
    @StillH2OEgger Go on....
    It looks like it might be Referent?
    Yes. We did a tour/tasting at 45th Parallel in New Richmond, WI and discovered it there. Not sure how easy it is to find, but I think Total Wine carries it. It's good stuff.
    Stillwater, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options

Definitely a strong gin preference for me and most of the other stuff probably hasn't been touched in a while. Pretty basic, and no scotch or bourbon which I admit is sacrilege. I've been to bars that have fewer options than many of you on here.
    Stillwater, MN
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Calbbqer said:

That Hibiki 21 is one I like a lot when I (used) to go to Japan. It's sold out now.. and that bottle is worth about $700 new.   When it was plentiful, I'd get the 30. I also like the Hakushu, I find Yamazaki to peaty for me.  That's what I like about Suntory - from peaty to light - Yamazaki, Hibiki, Hakushu... Take your pick. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Hibiki is tough to find!  I scored a bottle of Hibiki Harmony around Christmas.  I’m not big into scotch, but the Japanese whiskeys I’ve tried are mellow, and a little sweet.  Right up my alley.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Calbbqer
    Calbbqer Posts: 69
    Options
    Calbbqer said:

That Yamazaki is some good stuff.  When I went to Japan a couple years ago I was able to mooch a bunch of that and even a couple glasses of the 25.  I was looking all over trying to find any of those bottles in the line up to bring home and couldn't find it.
    My brother said he had to beg a worker at the distillery in Japan to let him buy 2 Yamazaki 18’s. They kept saying they were out, but they sold him 2 that day. We finished one and saving the other one until we find a replacement. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Calbbqer said:

My sadness is that severaI years ago,  I squirreled away 2 bottles of Yamazaki 18 somewhere in the house. Can't fvcking remember where I put them. I'm hoping they will surface whenever we move...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    Calbbqer said:

My sadness is that severaI years ago,  I squirreled away 2 bottles of Yamazaki 18 somewhere in the house. Can't fvcking remember where I put them. I'm hoping they will surface whenever we move...
    I am sure some fellow Eggers would help you look (and drink); we’re kind and generous like that. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I rotate a few on the counter depending on what we/friends (in normal times) are drinking and the rest go into the cabinet. The pull out shelves are very helpful to see what you have hiding.  

Nice setup there man!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Theophan said:
    I LOVE some of the cool liquor cabinets some of you guys have!  Way cool!

I still love my Big Green Eggs, but somehow I don't post on social media much, anymore.  But I thought maybe some of you might be amused by one man's descent into madness RE: liquor cabinet.  It's a sad story.  ;)

I got interested in cocktails many years ago, and I needed to buy a bottle I didn't have for this cocktail, and then something else I didn't have for that cocktail, and then some other liquor for yet another cocktail... and you do that over enough years and it gets pretty stupid, frankly.  I don't even drink that much.  I usually just have one drink, and don't even have one every day.  I do enjoy a good cocktail, though.

Here's my under the stairs "liquor cabinet":

Just two questions.

What is your address?

Can I sleep on your couch?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    This guy ^^ just gave everyone the comparison pic they need to show their wives.  

“See, I’m only keeping 50 bottles”
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    No doors, nothing holding those bottles back, those full shelves are giving me anxiety.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Theophan said:
    I LOVE some of the cool liquor cabinets some of you guys have!  Way cool!

I still love my Big Green Eggs, but somehow I don't post on social media much, anymore.  But I thought maybe some of you might be amused by one man's descent into madness RE: liquor cabinet.  It's a sad story.  ;)

I got interested in cocktails many years ago, and I needed to buy a bottle I didn't have for this cocktail, and then something else I didn't have for that cocktail, and then some other liquor for yet another cocktail... and you do that over enough years and it gets pretty stupid, frankly.  I don't even drink that much.  I usually just have one drink, and don't even have one every day.  I do enjoy a good cocktail, though.

Here's my under the stairs "liquor cabinet":
    Wow, that is impressive. I hope you don't live in an area prone to earthquakes.
    Stillwater, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I rotate a few on the counter depending on what we/friends (in normal times) are drinking and the rest go into the cabinet. The pull out shelves are very helpful to see what you have hiding.

The Fever Tree is good stuff, unfortunately only reserved for special occasions around here.
    Stillwater, MN