Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Dobie said:

Get in early on the hot stock tip from Trumplestiltskin.  Short it in a week before it goes all hydrocloroquine on ya.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Better to view his message in its entirety rather than pick and choose. After all I've read all posts in this thread.
    That was the summary of Harlan's one sided argument, the last paragraph pointing out perceived faults by those in power. 

@StillH2OEgger is exactly right. Had Trump done his job to protect America, none of this would have been necessary, to begin with. 

I appreciate your concern for those which need help. But when our country needed our president to protect Americans, his arrogance and ignorance brought America to its knees as predicted by right wing media during the primary race for 2016.

Sorry, but blaming others for the house of cards failure fits square on the lap of President Trump, just like the hookers did, he paid hush money to.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    And everybody is ignoring the mirror.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    And everybody is ignoring the mirror.
    I appreciate you posting it and the civil manner in which you did that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    Options
    March 24 USA deaths: 957
    April 24 USA deaths: 52,168

51,211 Americans lost in 30 days.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    So I am working for the refueling team during this outage as one of the crew leads as I mentioned before. I was tested Tuesday and received my results (negative) on Wednesday. 

Received a call a few minutes ago that one of the guys on my team came up positive. As I also mentioned earlier we are required to wear masks at work due to falling under CISA and our Governor’s mandate. I am doing my damndest to stay at least 6’ away from people as much as possible, but this has me worried due to my wife’s health situation.

She effectively has no immune system due to chronic high dose steroids to help control her asthma, to the point where she needs IGG infusions every month and Xolair every two weeks. 

I am going to call my GP on Monday and push for another test based on her situation (he is her GP as well so he is familiar with her status). 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Let’s hear it from the Georgia peeps!  Who went bowling, got their hair did, got some tats today?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Dobie said:

@Dobie ...you know this is total BS...aka fake, right?
    Options
    Dobie said:

Well...it actually is a thing and has been in development since 2016 - https://irdirect.net/prviewer/release/id/4294930

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Where am I? How did I get here?
    What's the real deal with Kim Jong Un??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:

Well...it actually is a thing and has been in development since 2016 - https://irdirect.net/prviewer/release/id/4294930

Color me WRONG!  Truth is stranger than fiction nowadays....
    Options

This is kinda scary.

"It's just the flu." said some dumba$$e$ somewhere.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

This is kinda scary.

"It's just the flu." said some dumba$$e$ somewhere.

"kinda" ?  That's friggin mortifying.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    So I am working for the refueling team during this outage as one of the crew leads as I mentioned before. I was tested Tuesday and received my results (negative) on Wednesday. 

Received a call a few minutes ago that one of the guys on my team came up positive. As I also mentioned earlier we are required to wear masks at work due to falling under CISA and our Governor’s mandate. I am doing my damndest to stay at least 6’ away from people as much as possible, but this has me worried due to my wife’s health situation.

She effectively has no immune system due to chronic high dose steroids to help control her asthma, to the point where she needs IGG infusions every month and Xolair every two weeks. 

I am going to call my GP on Monday and push for another test based on her situation (he is her GP as well so he is familiar with her status). 
    Good luck with this Mike.  I hope your GP is able to provide some help if not some helpful answers.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options

So, I just looked up the word sarcastic this morning and this was all that showed up. Not really sure what it means, but OK.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-floats-another-bogus-coronavirus-cure--and-his-administration-scrambles-to-stop-people-from-injecting-disinfectants/2020/04/24/77759238-8644-11ea-a3eb-e9fc93160703_story.html

Not a pretty picture painted by this piece.  Good Lord.  The level of incompetence on daily display throughout the entire White House is breathtaking.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If nearly half the population was stupid enough to vote for this moron, wonder how many will be stupid enough to drink the Lysol after listening to his "sarcasm".

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    The fact that the very next daily briefing was only 30 minutes, and they took NO questions from the press, speaks volumes.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    I get the feeling he’s just wandering around the garage looking for cures.  3 in 1 oil?  Could be something, let’s investigate.

Does the WH have a garage?  Maybe Barron is floating these ideas.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    https://www.gensler.com/research-insight/blog/a-day-in-the-life-going-back-to-work-in-china

Interesting piece on what getting back to work looks like in China.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    CTMike said:

If your colleague tested positive in the same round of testing (where you tested negative), you should consider self quarantining for 7-14 days, based on principles of contact tracing. Given your wife's condition, I would consider self quarantine away from her. 

A similar situation arose when someone I know (firefighter) had a colleague test positive. He was quarantined in a hotel for 14 days, before returning to family and work. 

Symptoms don't matter. People are infective far before having symptoms of fever, cough, etc. 

Be safe, and be well. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

This confuses me... because I drive a Ram 1500 =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,516
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Protesting is contagious, it has spread to our province  :o
    Both federal and provincial leaders are against it.
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options

Love the flag - what’s the relevance here?  It’s American to say you can’t tell me what to do or individual rights always trump greater good?  

Anything I say is ok because Flag?  

Is this the same as Ricky Bobby saying “with all due respect Mr Dennett” you can follow with anything and it makes it ok?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

Love the flag - what’s the relevance here?  It’s American to say you can’t tell me what to do or individual rights always trump greater good?  

Because freedumb.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Legume said:

Is this the same as Ricky Bobby saying “with all due respect Mr Dennett” you can follow with anything and it makes it ok?
    Probably drives a Dodge Ram 1500.😷

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky