Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Weller SR
    1792 single barrel
    russell reserve

passed on a bottle of George Stagg. I’m going back tomorrow to buy it. Can’t help myself. He wants $200. What do you think?
    Love those $16 cherries 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Weller SR
    1792 single barrel
    russell reserve

passed on a bottle of George Stagg. I’m going back tomorrow to buy it. Can’t help myself. He wants $200. What do you think?
    Love those $16 cherries 
    😳 I pay $19. I’m jealous. They are special. 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Hard to beat Filson for durability. Nice haul @DuckDogDr

Allow me to disagree, ever since the company changed hands in 2005, the quality has gone down.  The cut of the clothes has gotten closer, the buttons are smaller, the selection of real outdoors clothing has diminished.  The price has stayed the same, but you don't get what you used to. I asked for a flannel shirt jac for Christmas, and was disappointed.

Y'all go ahead and keep them in business, I'll remember what they used to be.  Damn this modern globalist snowflake filled world....
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    rifrench said:
    Hard to beat Filson for durability. Nice haul @DuckDogDr

Allow me to disagree, ever since the company changed hands in 2005, the quality has gone down.  The cut of the clothes has gotten closer, the buttons are smaller, the selection of real outdoors clothing has diminished.  The price has stayed the same, but you don't get what you used to. I asked for a flannel shirt jac for Christmas, and was disappointed.

Y'all go ahead and keep them in business, I'll remember what they used to be.  Damn this modern globalist snowflake filled world....
    Why so salty? Can’t speak to your comments because all of my Filson gear is older than 2005. 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    55lbs of malted barley
    What kind?? 

I'm trying to get rid of the 7-8 year old malted barley that I've been holding onto. Turns out after about 18-24 months it's degraded enough to effect the brew. Not looking to try and figure out how much more to use to offset that after this much time.

I did just order up a 3' length of 3/4" x 2-1/2" to make a spacer for my Monster Mill (MM2 from around 2011 with the 2" hardened steel rollers). I ordered the motor on Thursday, with delivery expected on Wednesday. Brew day got pushed off to 4/4/20, so I have time to get the stand built for the motor and crusher. Cut the angle iron for that yesterday. Need to miter the ends for the top and then weld it all up. Just realized I'll need to cut more to make the shelf that will hold the catch bucket. Good thing I have enough angle iron left (1"x1").
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,657
    Options
    Rahr 6row, I bought a pound of citra hops too, looking forward to playing with those.   I use a Barley mill sitting on a 5 gallon bucket powered with a cordless drill ;-). I have been brewing for over 10 years now... someday I will build a brewery.   Being a beekeeper I make lots of mead too. Got some on tap now.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    8 year old barley is pretty old, I’m surprised the moths didn’t get into it.  You can compost it or give it to someone with chickens... bird feeder.. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options

Triple barrel aged maple syrup aged in apple brandy and bourbon barrels.

Brandon - Ohio

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Nothing! Saving for a rainy day, and the rain is coming.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options

Triple barrel aged maple syrup aged in apple brandy and bourbon barrels.
    Bought 4 bottles. Thanks!
    Mountain View, CA
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Nothing! Saving for a rainy day, and the rain is coming.

Agree.  Have been stashing cash for past 3 years. And now I am glad I did.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • 1911Man
    Options
    Thinking about picking up a condenser column so that I can make my own hand sanitizer. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • alaskanassasin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @1911Man A man of your caliber could make one easy. You can get a tri clamp and copper fitting that clamps onto a keg from ebay
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• 1911Man
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @alaskanassasin Not looking to do all that soldering. Especially when I can get one already made that will clamp directly to a sanke keg. I have a couple spare ones I can use for the task. 

One of the places I've bought brewing hardware from in the past, offers this type of unit. I have a 1/2 bbl keg that I can use for this. I actually have two I could pick from. One needs a plug in order to be used (was going to make an electric HLT from it, but decided to not move forward after getting the spud welded in). 

I'm thinking that doing this might be a good use for the old UK 2 row malt I have hanging around. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am not one to comment on high-end purchases (been then there and still do that ) but if you feel like it is a "win-win" then go for it.  
    Window of opportunity is likely in play here.  FWIW-
    I usually stick under the $150 range and favor the ample value offerings in the 30-70 range. Just not sure how badly I’d be taken advantage of at that price. I know it’s rare. He has one bottle and it’s basically hidden. 

I bet that George Stagg will be tasty!  Only had it once and it was a bit high proof for a rookie like me.  My go-to these days is Elijah Craig - $26-28 a bottle and delicious as heck.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    blind99 said:
    lousubcap said:
    I am not one to comment on high-end purchases (been then there and still do that ) but if you feel like it is a "win-win" then go for it.  
    Window of opportunity is likely in play here.  FWIW-
    I usually stick under the $150 range and favor the ample value offerings in the 30-70 range. Just not sure how badly I’d be taken advantage of at that price. I know it’s rare. He has one bottle and it’s basically hidden. 

I bet that George Stagg will be tasty!  Only had it once and it was a bit high proof for a rookie like me.  My go-to these days is Elijah Craig - $26-28 a bottle and delicious as heck.
    Elijah Craig is always on my bar. Great pour at a great price. I normally stay in that sorta lane. There are so many great whiskeys at affordable prices (30-70) I have a hard time splurging for the allotment stuff that I know is grossly inflated regardless of the quality. 
  • TrippleRipple
    Options
    Ruger Security 9 Compact
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    New egg bands! And a 10' strip of rutland gasket 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

My Bunn coffee maker has started leaking.  I'm on my second unit since we were married in 1984 ,things don't last like they use to I guess :) .  They were able to send me a repair kit on the first one which for some reason I can't quite remember ended up in my shop at work.  In any case no repair kit for my current model which I bought at a church yard sale for $10.  Bunn offered me a $30 coupon and free shipping on any model.  I thought that was More than fair.   I've ordered this one. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited March 2020
    Options
    https://merfscondiments.com/

Small hot sauce company in Denver.  I ordered a bunch of sauces and received them in 2 days.  Very creative sauces and they’re offering 40% off.
  • rifrench
    Options
    1963 Marlin336SC   30-30 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Glad people are posting their gun purchases during this dire time because I would probably be poking around your lawn.  Good info, thanks.
    Options
    I didn't actually buy anything but did donate to Operation BBQ Relief.  Here's the email blast I received:
    Message from CEO

We hope you and your family are doing okay during this difficult time for our country.  After discussion with our leadership team, Operation BBQ Relief will be deploying this week in response to COVID-19. As shelter orders are put in place throughout the country, there are shortages of supplies and volunteers for charities that need to rely on the bandwidth and resources of Operation BBQ Relief.  The pandemic is isolating and frightening for everyone and we hope that Operation BBQ Relief can ease some of the suffering of our most vulnerable populations.  We plan to start this week in Kansas City to feed veterans and the homeless. We will replicate this model of providing hot meals throughout the country while still being within the Center of Disease Control guidelines for group gatherings.

Operation BBQ Relief has been proactive to further our efforts to connect, inspire, serve, educate, and feed communities in need. We have started the process to build partnerships with restaurants, caterers, and food trucks. We have begun talking with key government officials on how Operation BBQ Relief could most effectively serve communities.

To be able to support communities through local restaurants, we will need to find more funding to do this.  We believe this approach is the best way to help many communities across the United States while supporting local businesses during this difficult time.  Please consider supporting Operation BBQ Relief as we provide hope and compassion through the healing power of BBQ.

GoFundMe campaign
    https://tinyurl.com/2020obr
    Donate and Volunteerwww.obr.org
    Donate by Mail:  PO Box 3825, Shawnee, KS 66203
    Donate Supplies and Services: email 
    info@obr.org
    Press Release: https://www.einpresswire.com/article/512711938/operation-bbq-relief-responds-to-covid-19

I hope that we can synergize our efforts to address this critical need to feed our country during these challenging times. 

As we help get food out to communities throughout the country, remember we can do more together than divided.

Thank you for your continued support.  

Stan Hays

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • rifrench
    Options
    Glad people are posting their gun purchases during this dire time because I would probably be poking around your lawn.  Good info, thanks.

Nola, I was good before I got this!  This model is hard to find in my area, and was last produced in 1963.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Yes, I had to explain to Linda this was for putting Jet Net on Salami and Coppa, not a toy for the stay home order 

@GrateEggspectations gave that 4 out of 5 stars  ;)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Need a couple microSD cards. Ordered from Amazon. They had them in stock. Anticipated delivery date... wait for it (literally)... April 22nd. Whaaaat?!?!?!
    I knew they were prioritizing shipping some items over others but one month to get a couple SD cards. Canceled order.
    Off to Best Buy tomorrow. I haven't been in a Best Buy in at least a decade and tomorrow will be no different as they won't let you in the store - you can order items and you pull up and they put them in your trunk.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk