Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Duke cannon soap is awesome 
    Do they have any that smell like hardwood?  Softwood isn't in my repertoire.

Options
    Lit said:
    The guy at Academy recommended the HK VR40. It’s a little more expensive at $629 but he said it’s his favorite .40 he owns and he has the Springfield I went there to get. My brother has like 20 hand guns and he said he loves his Springfield. They also had a smith and Wesson M&P40 M2 on sale for $399 which felt good in my hand. I’m not going to be shooting this gun much I have a Sig .22 that I can shoot 500 rounds if I want for $20. Think I’m gonna shoot the HK, S&W, and Springfield this weekend and go from there. 
    If it’s for personal protection, spare no expense. My life is worth more than the difference in price from an “okay”
    gun to the best. 

Take a look at the Kimber Micro 9 as well. 

One more thing, remember that wheel guns don’t jam and they don’t eject casings...
    Probably don't have to worry about expended casings unless you are out committing a series of murders.

Duke cannon soap is awesome 
    Do they have any that smell like hardwood?  Softwood isn't in my repertoire.

I see what you did there.
    Las Vegas, NV

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Just placed an order for supplies needed to brew at the end of this month with my nephew. We're making a batch of my MO SMaSH recipe (maris otter grain, EKG hops). Ordered up 30# of Thomas Fawcett maris otter grain since we'll be using somewhere between 20 and 22 pounds of it. Ordered two pounds of hops. The coming batch will need at least 15 ounces in it. This will fill three three gallon kegs (carbonating on CO2). He'll bottle from two, I'm keeping the third one in my brew fridge (where they will carbonate).

I'll be calling the LHBS that I use tomorrow to see IF they have the yeast I want to use or not (Wyeast 1882-PC). Even though it doesn't list an English IPA for what it's suited for, I've used it in the past with great results. Plus, I like what it gives at the lower end of the fermenting temperature range. Not to mention it has a lower low end of the range than my secondary choice (1335). 

Since I brewed last, canned [concentrated] wort starter has become more available. I have four cans coming since I'll need to make a starter for this batch. 

I did some looking to see what else I need to be able to brew again (on the 28th). Got a couple of high flow 1/2" npt to barb (in stainless) coming too. I think I have enough silicon tubing for all the gear.

My nephew is coming over on Saturday to help get all the gear ready for the brew day. We need to finish the brew stand. Basically, weld brackets on for the pumps to mount. Make the mount for the plate chiller. Install the burners (I have two burners, but the stand is provisioned for three). If we have time, we'll go to the LHBS that day. He's going to need to get bottles for his portion. He's also paying for the ingredients for the batch. Not that I care, but he offered. ;) It's my hardware and knowledge he wants to use to get some beer brewed. I'll probably transfer some of my wee heavy (12.5%) into a three gallon keg so it's carbonated for brew day. 

I just wish the grain I had bought years back was still viable to brew with. It's dry and all, but over time it loses enough of what it needs for brewing to not really be worth trying to use. I have a friend that will be taking it to feed his chickens. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    @1911Man what are you fermenting all that in?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nice shop @sheetmetalpete holy smokes!  We had that same dodge truck growing up, we used it for fuel hauling and snow plowing. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Really.  Smokes my sheedy shop.
    Options
    @1911Man what are you fermenting all that in?
    Converted Guinness keg (13.3 gallon/50L). I have a 6" triclove ferrule welded into the top and a cap made with a thermowell down the center and two ball-lock fittings on it. One for beer/liquid out and the other for CO2 in. 

Once the yeast gets pitched, I use CO2 to move it to other vessels. I'm going to look into making new TC caps that have both fittings on them now. Since I have a good milling machine, I should be able to do that. I need to check my end mill inventory to make sure I have the correct size and type. I also need to find the tap I'll need to use for the fittings. The ones in made in the past were TIG welded in place. I'm not that good with TIG welding (these were done by a pro). So I figure using the threads on the base fittings would do the job. Especially since I had bought the correct size tap years back.

I have some 1/6 and tall 1/4 barrel kegs that have also been converted. Those have the CO2 base fittings welded into the tops. It's always been a bit more work to get those clean. Which is the main reason I want to make the new TC cap setups. I also looked at my inventory yesterday and found three thermowells that I can use in the new caps. I will probably order some more caps over the coming weeks in order to get them ready. I have a few on hand right now that I can machine.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Ordered up a pair of USA made carbide 7/16" (4 flute) end mills from Shars earlier today. These will be for making more fermenter caps. I believe I have an end mill for the thermowell hole as well. If I go with one of those in the cap, I'll bring it to my friend that's a welder to get them done up right. ;) 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I got a 14 gallon SS brew tech chronicle for my birthday a few years back and love it. After primary just open the valve and dump the trub.
      It’s at the top of my basement stairs so i gravity feed two soda kegs and maybe a growler it there’s enough left. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    Image result for hippy chick with gun
    Maybe only me, but the first thing that went through my mind looking at this was;
    'get your ******* finger off that ********  trigger' 

Not words I would use, obviously,  but heard it often enough to become a reflex response whenever I don't see the long finger. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just ordered 22 lbs of Caputo chefs flour.
  • scootr2200
    Options
    Stock in Delta Airlines
    Western NC Egger since January 2014

• dgordon2nc
    dgordon2nc Posts: 100
    Options
    TUSHY Classic Bidet Toilet Attachment - Modern Sleek Design - Fresh Clean Water Sprayer - Non-Electric Self Cleaning Nozzle (White/Silver Knob) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8Y327H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lvSAEbCG6985P
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just purchased some "super gourds". These are now recommended by the purple martin conservation association.  The smaller crescent shape is supposed to restrict invasions by starlings..the natural enemy of the martins... 
    Currently fabricating some hella awesome poles

• Lit
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just purchased some "super gourds". These are now recommended by the purple martin conservation association.  The smaller crescent shape is supposed to restrict invasions by starlings..the natural enemy of the martins... 

Super confused what goes in that hole
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Fock starlings! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Pretty sure I’m gonna go order this either tonight or tomorrow. Part of my coronavirus preparedness. 
    So they had no Springfield .40s in stock but they had a 9mm. While I was waiting in line a salesman came and scanned it and brought it in the back someone bought the last one online. The S&W I was looking at didn’t have a safety so my backup was the HK 40 but it also didn’t have a safety and I have 2 young kids. I told the guy I want a home defense high capacity 9mm with a safety. It worked out perfect except price wise I got a Sig P365 XL. The safety and size is identical to the Sig trailside .22 I take to the range for her to shoot so she should be good if she needed to use it. $800 and 3 old fashions later I’m a happy camper. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    DuckDogDr said:

Super confused what goes in that hole
    Dude, that's totally where you lay that sweet half-pipe.
    Options
    Ruger Mark IV target version.  Picked it up yesterday and date night is at the range with my wife tonight.  Much cheaper ammo and can still work on proper mechanics. It has flat black sights that are likely going to be tough to see in the range.  Shopping for some fiber optics next.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Lit said:
    So they had no Springfield .40s in stock but they had a 9mm. While I was waiting in line a salesman came and scanned it and brought it in the back someone bought the last one online. The S&W I was looking at didn’t have a safety so my backup was the HK 40 but it also didn’t have a safety and I have 2 young kids. I told the guy I want a home defense high capacity 9mm with a safety. It worked out perfect except price wise I got a Sig P365 XL. The safety and size is identical to the Sig trailside .22 I take to the range for her to shoot so she should be good if she needed to use it. $800 and 3 old fashions later I’m a happy camper. 
    nice, I like how the XL fit my hand better but am likely going to end up with a stock version for ccw.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    Options
    A couple years ago that’s why they are in Lowe’s now, Sears sold it off to try and save the ship from sinking
    Stanley Black and Decker is one company. They purchased Craftsman. Dewalt, Porter Cable, Black and Decker, Irwin, Proto, Craftsman, Stanley, and Bostich are all Stanley Black and Decker owned. Many of the products under these brands are license deals so Stanley Black and Decker don't actually make or control them. It's complicated....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That’s interesting, I read a article saying that b&d was suing sears for calling the craftsman tools sold in sears stores as the real craftsman line implying that craftsman sold in Lowe’s or elsewhere is made by b&d. Very confusing 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Picked up some junky computer at a pawn shop for like 30 bucks.  I don't even know what an "i9" processor is.  Hope it works.  At least it was cheap.

Oh yeah, and a couple Roku boxes and a water fuel separator filter for my boat.
    @nolaegghead wanna quadruple your money on that slow piece of Chit?

lemme know..always here to help out
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Well, not meat...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Jumped into the rotomolded cooler pool:
    pelican 30qt red cooler overlanding coolers
    30 qt.  It will definitely be around long after I'm gone.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Don't speak too soon! You'll find yourself creating a new account handle:  anotherstolencooler
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Where'd you pick that up? I need some place to rest this brisket I'm fixin' to cook. 
    Mountain View, CA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Great purchase, Frank. Just don’t tell me that you’ll start putting your brown water on ice. 😉