Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Movies, shows, streaming recommendations

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,616
Now that we’re locked in for an extended slumber party, looking for recommendations for good series, documentaries, movies, etc. from the various streaming services.

Comments

• Legume
    Options
    Some of my recents:

Veep
    Chernobyl
    Free Solo
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Tiger king on Netflix. Holy balls. Watching now. 

And don’t fu*c with cats too. 

Both super weird and funny. In a super weird way 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Tiger king on Netflix. Holy balls. Watching now. 

And don’t fu*c with cats too. 

Both super weird and funny. In a super weird way 
    There was a true crime podcast that did a story on The Tiger King guy. Might be the same people that did the Netflix thing. Just saw it today. But the podcast was great.
    Las Vegas, NV

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Good topic. Looking forward to getting some ideas.

We had free HBO last weekend and watched the first season of "The Righteous Gemstones". Two thumbs up. I think we're going to tackle the second season of "American Vandal" this weekend. Hope it compares favorably with season one.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Legume said:
    Some of my recents:

Veep
    Chernobyl
    Free Solo
    Free Solo?! Not me! Heights don't bother me... EDGES bother me. And El Cap is like 7500' of edge! That dude is NUTZ!

EDIT: 7500' is sea level to the top of El Cap. Height from Yosemite Valley floor is "only" 3600'. What a relief. Bet you thought it would be a serious fall, eh? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Battleborn
    Options
    Homeland
    Schitts Creek (stupid, funny)
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Options
    Good topic. Looking forward to getting some ideas.

We had free HBO last weekend and watched the first season of "The Righteous Gemstones". Two thumbs up. I think we're going to tackle the second season of "American Vandal" this weekend. Hope it compares favorably with season one.
    Great reminder, I got three episodes in and never finished.  I’ll get back to that.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Narcos
    The Wire
    Deadwood
    Sopranos
    Mountain View, CA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Legume said:
    Some of my recents:

Veep
    Chernobyl
    Free Solo
    Free Solo?! Not me! Heights don't bother me... EDGES bother me. And El Cap is like 7500' of edge! That dude is NUTZ!

EDIT: 7500' is sea level to the top of El Cap. Height from Yosemite Valley floor is "only" 3600'. What a relief. Bet you thought it would be a serious fall, eh? =)

It's not the fall that kills you.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Goliath (Amazon Prime)

Frontier (Netflix)

The Last Kingdom (Netflix) - mostly watching this one for my wife.
  • JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    Options
    Black Sails is a great series I've been watching again lately. It was originally on Starz but Prime has it free until the end of the month. Definitely worth the time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I'm a Youtube junkie. The most common channels that pop up for me:

• Millennial Farmer 
    • Welker Farms 
    • Hoovies Garage
    • Tavarish
    • Cleetus Mcfarland 
    • Jay Lenos Garage
    • Jomboy Media
    • Theo Von
    • First We Feast
    • Hickok45

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Ugly Delicious - Netflix

Ozark - Netflix (season 3 about to drop)

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Watched the first Containment on Netflix last night- maybe not the best timing but excellent show. 

Plus if you haven’t watched the Chef Show you are missing out. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    The Outsider on HBO. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    S Town podcast. Fascinating.
    https://stownpodcast.org/

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    Ray Donovan
    80's HBO series Carnivale
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Not exactly what you asked for, but if you're into cars at all Doug DeMuro's videos on YouTube are great.  Here he is reviewing the new Corvette:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZT3hyhao-o

You can thank me later!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    +1 for Homeland.  I'm in the middle of Season 4, and it's starting to lose some steam for me.

Re: Free Solo, I watched it over the span of two flights and audibly yelled several times.  Holy hell that was intense.  I was never scared of heights or edges, but I think I am now after watching that.

Not a fan of his girlfriend.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:

Re: Free Solo, I watched it over the span of two flights and audibly yelled several times.  Holy hell that was intense.  I was never scared of heights or edges, but I think I am now after watching that.

You know it’s crazy when the professional climbers filming him can’t bear to watch him themselves and have to turn away.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not exactly what you asked for, but if you're into cars at all Doug DeMuro's videos on YouTube are great.  Here he is reviewing the new Corvette:

You can thank me later!
    Good stuff. I haven't seen him before but really dig his style. Gracias.

Some really good entertainment getting dropped in here. Free solo is INSANE! Made my hands sweat just watching. Letterkenny is a riot. The Chef Show is great and one of the few cooking shows my wife enjoys as well. I'm a couple episodes into The Outsider. It's a cool unique premise that only comes from the mind of Stephen King and incredibly cast. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    What happened to his gold? I think homeboy found it. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Battleborn
    Options
    thetrim said:
    +1 for Homeland.  I'm in the middle of Season 4, and it's starting to lose some steam for me.
    Just finished season 2. I love it so far. Only bad thing is, my wife doesn't like it and she doesn't leave the house anymore! 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    You
    Messiah
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I actually listened to this whole thing on a long drive many months ago.  Lots of twists and turns.  Fascinating is an understatement. It actually made me go online and read a lot more about the aftermath.  Both compelling and tragic.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    smak said:
    If you are looking for dumb-funny to make you laugh

Letterkenny on Hulu (not appropriate for little ones)

This is the scene I saw that made me take a longer look at the show.
    https://youtu.be/kI9_wnlOx0Q
    Ha! I have to check that out. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

You can thank me later!
    I enjoy TheStraightPipes, coupla blokes from Toronto:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN-PkqqmPjg&t=913s

(think I posted their helicopter flight awhile back)  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Man in the High Castle (Amazon Prime) will keep you going for awhile.
    +1 Chernobyl 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ