Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Movies, shows, streaming recommendations

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Great suggestions, keep them coming.  Many I have already worked my way through, but plenty of new to me stuff.

I’ll add Catastrophe, 3 or 4 season comedy series on Prime.  Wife friendly, not kid friendly.

Also Fleabag, just one season so far on Prime, very funny, again wife but not kid friendly.
  • Legume
    Options
    We’re also waiting on Ozark to drop, great show.

Barry was another one we started and never finished at a time when too many other things were going on, that’s on the list to go back to.

We really liked both Last Kingdom and Vikings, blew through both of those.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Chernobyl is a great series.  Unfortunately all too relevant right now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Options
    Chernobyl is a great series.  Unfortunately all too relevant right now.
    Agree.  We watched that over the past week+.  We remember it being in the news back in the day, but seeing how the Soviet state operates and how this evolved was incredible to see play out.  Not the best escape from current conditions, we just usually ended the night with a Veep or some other short comedy as a palate cleanser.

I’ll add the movie The Death of Stalin to this list.  Great cast, Buscemi, Tambor, Palin.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2020
    Options
    If you have a "newer" phone search for Free Solo VR on YouTube. There is also one with the Blue Angles. 

https://youtu.be/FRGF77fBAeM

https://youtu.be/H6SsB3JYqQg
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dead & Co on nugs.tv tonight- Free Couch concert for those at home. AUSTIN TX 2017. On now 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited March 2020
    Options
    If you have a "newer" phone search for Free Solo VR on YouTube. There is also one with the Blue Angles. 

https://youtu.be/FRGF77fBAeM
    Thanks for posting this, I may have to watch Free Solo tomorrow, after a dreaded landscape project.  I too am scared of heights/edges, but these videos are a lot more inspiring to me than, say, murder/butchery docs.  

I tried to watch the Blue Angles, but it was too obtuse for me.   ;)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just watched “The Banker”. Outstanding and based on true story. 
    Also watch all 10 of the first season “68 Whiskey”. Very good 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Legume
    Options
    Thanks Mickey - where do I find those?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Dead & Co on nugs.tv tonight- Free Couch concert for those at home. AUSTIN TX 2017. On now 
    Nugs.tv.    :rofl:
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    The wife and I caught up on Jack Ryan, Ugly Delicious, and the Chef Show.  I also really enjoyed Birth of the Cool (a Miles Davis doc).

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    I listened to Serial. Interesting but in my humble opinion Up and Vanished season one was way more interesting.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Mind hunter on Netflix , Justified on Hulu , Jack Ryan on Amazon 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• saluki2007
    Options
    Watched Tom Segura's new special on Netflix last night.  I laughed a lot.  A couple of the segments were kinda WTF, but overall it was a great show.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Tom Papa stand-up on NetFlix is funny as well.  
    We started watching Tiger King last night.  Holy shat!!  It's like a real life "Best in Show"  
    I also like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    This weeks couch concert on nugs.tv is from Wriggly Field. See you at the show....well not really.

https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=212

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I just finished season one of Stranger Things. I am not much of a TV guy these days so watching any kind of series is a change for me. 

Live PD for background TV while I am working at home. 

Getting sucked into a YouTube wormhole is always too easy.. Doug Demuro, bad driver videos, and beyond until it gets too weird. Prank calls can be entertaining on there as well. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Started watching The Hunters on Amazon, a little campy at times but anything with Dustin Hoffman is usually pretty good.

Chernobyl was good, and as a nuke I have to say that the red and blue plates to describe positive and negative reactivity was an excellent explanation for laymen.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    Options
    I started replaying all the Top Gear series as background noise during the day. There is something like 170+ of them on the Motor Trend streaming channel. I think it costs $50.00 for the year w/ no commercials.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Tiger king on Netflix as mentioned. W. T. F. 

First episode: well these folks are off a bit. But, can I watch the whole series?
    Second episode: didn’t see that coming. I’m in.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Legume
    Options
    I caught the first episode of Tiger King last night.  I struggle to find the right words.  It feels like it’s going to be 7 episodes of watching a slow motion, multi-car wreck develop in front of you.
  • Legume
    Options

First episode: well these folks are off a bit. But, can I watch the whole series?
    Good to know, after first, not sure my wife is in.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Legume said:

I'm watching the second episode, format is the same.. interviews/talking.  Then one guys basically says "Yes, i'm the inspiration for scarface (and he is)", and that gets your attention.  And, where is Carole's ex-husband? That really got my attention.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • butt_juice
    butt_juice Posts: 129
    Options
    Youtube: Trent Palmer & Lifesyle Overland. Lots of content if you enjoy camping, offroading, aviation. 
    South Central Kansas
    Instagram: @midwest_voyager
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Legume said:

I'm watching the second episode, format is the same.. interviews/talking.  Then one guys basically says "Yes, i'm the inspiration for scarface (and he is)", and that gets your attention.  And, where is Carole's ex-husband? That really got my attention.
    I made it to episode 4 and I had enough.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2020
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Guess I'll reactivate my Netflix. Hulu Live and Amazon have been sucked dry in this house.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• northGAcock
    Options
    Another (free) Saturday Night Couch Concert 8:00 eastern
    nugs.tv 
    2019 Wriggly Field  Dead & Co. Show

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I am really digging this show: Devs

I got a Hulu account just to watch it.  Nick Offerman is going to win awards