Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    3.4” of rain in the last 36hrs
    That's Georgia weather. We got 40% of our annual rainfall in 60 days. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

During a pandemic, some members of the household are a little more relaxed than others...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I feel like a mighty hunter - I found milk, eggs, and bread. We bought takeout pizza just to help the local businesses. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options

Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    @SGH this place needs a shave where you at?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I feel like a mighty hunter - I found milk, eggs, and bread. We bought takeout pizza just to help the local businesses. 
    In California , my area, I went to the store this afternoon, shelves fully stocked with eggs milk water veggies most meat chicken .the pick through stuff this week, pasta flour rice....the TP madness is slowing also
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Acn
    Options
    Just watched last night’s Top Chef on the DVR and I heartily endorse Parma and Gail’s sundresses and cleavage showdown.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just got a couple of days worth a BBQ from a local restaurant. Good people, good food.
    Las Vegas, NV

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ordered pizza from the local joint where I had my first date in 9th grade. 
    About to put a butt on overnight. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Acn said:
    Just watched last night’s Top Chef on the DVR and I heartily endorse Parma and Gail’s sundresses and cleavage showdown.
    I think Padima had a enhancement between seasons 12 and 13... pure speculation  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Did a video survey of my roof with a drone.
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I guess you’ve got to know when to fold them. RIP to The Gambler. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    To be quite honest , I couldn't be happier than I am right now ...i pray for everyone's health ....other than that, it's nice to get out if the race for a while 

Man it’s the end of the world as we know it. Please buy yourself some decent beer.  ;)
    Ha Ha! I just use it to wash the Tequilla down, but that's funny
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @northGAcock - That was funny. Sorry @lkapigian
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Acn
    Options

Finished the virtual school area

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SciAggie
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am working on a simple evening flight plan:  LEO for a few laps and then I see escape velocity coming into play.  Plenty of fuel and will "stick" the landing as I have to play with fire Sunday.  
    Everyone stay positive, look for the good and recognize/accept the new near-term normal.  Of course it helps having spent extended periods of time self-quarantined in a prior life.   B)  Stay safe.
    Puts your former life in a different perspective for me. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Was cooking pizza. Emphasis on Was 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Now where to get bands during this statewide shutdown? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am working on a simple evening flight plan:  LEO for a few laps and then I see escape velocity coming into play.  Plenty of fuel and will "stick" the landing as I have to play with fire Sunday.  
    Everyone stay positive, look for the good and recognize/accept the new near-term normal.  Of course it helps having spent extended periods of time self-quarantined in a prior life.   B)  Stay safe.
    I’m liking the positive vibes, Frank. Hope you will continue the trend with photos of your cook tomorrow. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @milesvdustin fahk! That and broken base, burnt gaskets, is why I quit high temp egg cooks, and wasting charcoal 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Acn
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    What follows needs to be prefaced with the fact that I have a lawn (not mowed in 2020 and am old...)  
    Positive is the choice.  There is no such thing as standing still. Buy that and it is a down slope.  Either positive or negative.  Positive wins every time.  I realize we all have major downturns in life but look for the upside when the dust settles.  I do believe there is that kernel of goodness you can grab even as dire as the darkness may be.  And I sure as he!! am no head doctor.  
    Make the best of tonight and I will see you all Sunday.  (or later tonight ...pacing the fuel for now!)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited March 2020
    Options

lousubcap said:
    What follows needs to be prefaced with the fact that I have a lawn (not mowed in 2020 and am old...)  
    Positive is the choice.  There is no such thing as standing still. Buy that and it is a down slope.  Either positive or negative.  Positive wins every time.  I realize we all have major downturns in life but look for the upside when the dust settles.  I do believe there is that kernel of goodness you can grab even as dire as the darkness may be.  And I sure as he!! am no head doctor.  
    Make the best of tonight and I will see you all Sunday.  (or later tonight ...pacing the fuel for now!)
    Well said and a raised glass to you good sir. Clear skys and a soft landing.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.