Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OHIO response to COVID19

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
edited March 2020 in Off Topic
All schools are closed k12 thru college.  Possible until next year, past thinking of opening before summer.  They are considering closing all restaurants and bars.  Starting sunday at 9pm all lobbies of sit down restaurants are closed.  Pickup or delivery only.

All large gathering facilities parks, etc are closed.  You cant buy meat, toilet paper and hand sanitizer

With that said, why is ALL STORES out of lump charcoal.  wth.  You can go in any store and find veggies, fruit and nuts, but make sure you know a farmer to buy cow.

jd
Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Apparently Ohio being a leader in Coronavirus response has gone to Dewines head.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Going out tomorrow for masa and garlic
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I recall him saying 100,000 people in Ohio are possibly infected. He must be backed by CNN
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    This is going to destroy many more lives then this virus will effect.

"Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    In Florida, kids are off school until Mar 30 with some rumors that they're looking to see if it would be possible to extend it for the rest of the semester. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    California just did the same..
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    People who know more about government than me.... how can a governor shut down all privately owned restaurants ? Illinois Gov did it too. How can they do that to a privately owned business ?

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    People who know more about government than me.... how can a governor shut down all privately owned restaurants ? Illinois Gov did it too. How can they do that to a privately owned business ?
    Laws for emergencies were granted by the legislatures way back when. They delegated the power to the governor.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Schools OUT For Summer!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Options
    Laws for emergencies were granted by the legislatures way back when. They delegated the power to the governor.
    The state also holds their business licenses.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    I am happy to admit that our system of governance is intended to keep the Fed's from over-arching intrusion.  The whole deal here for me is to look at each state responding as a country in other societies.  So you will likely get 50 different initial approaches but as this moves forward all will likely land in the same place.  That place is pretty ugly right now but given the unknowns and the inability to determine the true magnitude of the scope and rate of advance, I would suggest to "fasten your seat belt as this is gonna be one he!! of a ride."
    I hope I am totally wrong here.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    A bit of perspective:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Options
    A bit of perspective:

Can you say "exponential growth"?   ;)

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    A bit of perspective:

Stop trying to make sense.  It doesn't fit with the Trish Regan, Hannity. Limbaugh fever-dream conspiracy fantasy.

Trump's 'uncle' was a janitor or something at MIT so he knows so much more about this type stuff than anyone else.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Today, Virginia Governor Northam banned events of more than 100 people. Also today, the CDC made an official recommendation that all gatherings of more than 50 people be canceled for the next 8 weeks.
    Would be nice if all these state/federal officials would set up a coordinating/clearing house for the best way to respond.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    It would be nice if people just chilled at home for a few weeks and limited trips away as much as possible. 

We shouldn’t need a National lockdown and martial law for people to responsibly self isolate.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    those folks that depend on the type of work being cancelled or closed, wonder what the relief is for those who wont be able to pay rent
    Columbus, Ohio
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    thetrim said:
    It would be nice if people just chilled at home for a few weeks and limited trips away as much as possible. 

We shouldn’t need a National lockdown and martial law for people to responsibly self isolate.  
    I agree. Just drove past a park a couple hours ago. Probably 50 kids on the playground equipment and another 20 playing basketball.

You have to assume the majority of people are idiots, which is sad
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    IU just announced they're Extending spring break one week. Rest of semester online starting 3/30. Closing the dorms. Just got the email
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    thetrim said:

But we still need people to get it just not everyone at once. If all the 20-40 year old could get it first and develop antibodies for a year then they can’t get it again this would end quick. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    those folks that depend on the type of work being cancelled or closed, wonder what the relief is for those who wont be able to pay rent
     It sounds like they are working on a welfare program for that 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    jdMyers said:
     It sounds like they are working on a welfare program for that 
    Gotta take care of oil and gas companies first though.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I recall him saying 100,000 people in Ohio are possibly infected. He must be backed by CNN
    It was an interview on Fox
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Read some things today, an article in the Boston Globe, about Italy in a plea to the ROW, to take steps they did not.

That combined with the post by JIC, on the stats of COVID19, and from our family in Italy, this is basically the fan has already been hit months ago.

I am thinking the world will respond differently when China, or any country says this is real deal.

Pandemic is a very outdated term.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    It looks like he just closed restaurants and bars with the exception of drive through.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Would be nice if all these state/federal officials would set up a coordinating/clearing house for the best way to respond.
    The fed used to do that.  The orange cantaloupe has destroyed that now, along with his disciples.  

• Botch
    Options
    Lit said:
    thetrim said:

But we still need people to get it just not everyone at once. If all the 20-40 year old could get it first and develop antibodies for a year then they can’t get it again this would end quick. 
    Mmm, not quite.  Flu viruses (viri?) morph every season, which is why we have different flu shots, every season.
    Plus, if every 20-40 year old got it, for a year, are they forbidden to visit, much less hug, their parents/grandparents for said year?