Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: My Kid's School Just Closed Due to Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Earlier in the thread I posted a chart of some data that showed the mortality rate for those under <30 was essentially zero. What we didn't know was how many folks in that data had actually been tested. This chart shows that in South Korea (where they have been testing thousands of people per day) that the young adult crowd is massively infected but feeling fine and thus spreading the virus to everybody else.
    One of my canes is a sword cane and any Millennial that gets too close is going to feel some sharpened pointy steel. :)

Yeah, but is your cane at least 6 feet long?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    I’ve got something that’s six feet long, if you know what I mean. 
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    What's not good?  Who is this guy? A picture of a terminal? I've been in Ft Lauderdale all week and leave tomorrow. Flight to ATL is full but fight to RIC basically empty. Met lots of folks who's cruises were cancelled and trying to get home. I wouldn't read too much into a pic
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    Any Reports on mortality for infants?
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Any Reports on mortality for infants?
    No pediatric deaths have been reported in the US as of yesterday. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,360
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,065
    Options
    REB17 said:
    What's not good?  Who is this guy? A picture of a terminal? I've been in Ft Lauderdale all week and leave tomorrow. Flight to ATL is full but fight to RIC basically empty. Met lots of folks who's cruises were cancelled and trying to get home. I wouldn't read too much into a pic
    Large groups of people congregated closely together boarding planes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    REB17 said:
    Can someone help me?  I just don't understand people and how they think.
    edited March 2020
    Options
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    Airports should be blasting The Police -" Don't Stand So Close To Me" song over the PA system.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,535
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    Heard on one of the news stations today that Italia is allowing "some" restaurants to remain open, as long as the tables were spaced 1.5m apart (just under 6', the Europeans cover their mouths when they sneeze I guess).    

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Judging from peoples' Fb & IG posts, there isn't much isolationing going on.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,463
    Options
    First death in Louisiana yesterday be attributed to COVID19. 58 year old with a pre-existing medical condition. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited March 2020
    Options

Par for the course from the MAGA Mensa Tribe we have in this White House.   This is really inexcusable.
  • ColbyLang
    Options

Par for the course from the MAGA Mensa Tribe we have in this White House.   This is really inexcusable.
    Ok, so how would you do it? 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,237
    Options
    Delta doled out 2 months salary for every employee ($1.6B) in bonuses a month ago and now they are begging for a government handout. Eff them. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,237
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Looks like the Buffalo is trying to sweep the virus under the rug. SUNK! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Differently. 

For the record, a very similar process happened in Italy as people in the north tried to flee to the south of the country.  The end result of that were large groups of infected people coming into the south, exacerbating the spread.

These kind of things are avoidable with proper planning and execution.   Unfortunately we have neither.  Watching it happen in another country only to repeat their mistake is abysmal.  
  • Botch
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    These kind of things are avoidable with proper planning and execution.   Unfortunately we have neither.  Watching it happen in another country only to repeat their mistake is abysmal.  
    I thought we had plans in place, especially after the other recent outbreaks.  The virus is now present in every state save WV, so I'm thinking the horse has already left the barn.  

And, since this thread is sinking, I'll post this viciously funny video I saw this morning.  NSFW, but we're all at home right now anyway, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;fbclid=IwAR27q71oBkJl38H8g7IpARPEru6pafPnLkDQU4wBehNwLuHRwQCM0vOiWG8

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• thetrim
    Options
    I'd recommend watching the video muted.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Can't wait to see brainless JB tonight, if he even makes it on the stage.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
    I thought we had plans in place, especially after the other recent outbreaks.  The virus is now present in every state save WV, so I'm thinking the horse has already left the barn.  

And, since this thread is sinking, I'll post this viciously funny video I saw this morning.  NSFW, but we're all at home right now anyway, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;fbclid=IwAR27q71oBkJl38H8g7IpARPEru6pafPnLkDQU4wBehNwLuHRwQCM0vOiWG8
    That is a great video.
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

You place extra Customs Border Patrol staff at all the designated airports to deal with the wave of travelers that will surely bottleneck when they arrive. That didn't happen, which is why people are pissed. This isn't rocket science. And it hasn't happened in other countries; they've managed to enact airport screenings without creating petri dishes that spread disease.

Look, we all love to suit up in our red and blue armor to defend our team. But this is a crisis that bears on everyone's health and safety. It's important that we be clear-eyed.
    Southern California
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    bicktrav said:
    ColbyLang said:

You place extra Customs Border Patrol staff at all the designated airports to deal with the wave of travelers that will surely bottleneck when they arrive. That didn't happen, which is why people are pissed. This isn't rocket science. And it hasn't happened in other countries; they've managed to enact airport screenings without creating petri dishes that spread disease.

Look, we all love to suit up in our red and blue armor to defend our team. But this is a crisis that bears on everyone's health and safety. It's important that we be clear-eyed.
    In no way did I say anything negative, all I asked was how he’d do it. I completely agree with what you posted, regardless of red or blue. There’s far too much of that on here for me to even try to contend with. 
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    bicktrav said:
    ColbyLang said:

In no way did I say anything negative, all I asked was how he’d do it. I completely agree with what you posted, regardless of red or blue. There’s far too much of that on here for me to even try to contend with. 
    Got it. And I didn't mean for my post to seem at all antagonistic. I've got tons of friends and family who view politics differently than I do, and that's great. This country depends on diversity of opinion, and people are made of more than their party affiliation. Apologies if it seemed like I had my dukes up. 
    Southern California
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Botch
    Options
    I recorded Fareed Zakaria's GPS show on CNN earlier this morning; he interviewed Dr. Friedman, former chair of the CDC.  It will be broadcast again in about an hour; very highly recommended.  

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    I work for CBRE and they are having employees work from home except for the division I work for lol 

2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options

lousubcap said:
    Not trying to lessen the concern here as the virus is moving extremely quickly and will continue for a while.  But to what extent is the population hype fueled by the media hype??  I don't know the right balance but I am confident that the constant exposure to the media hype is only compounding the populace and its fear.  

Its the flu. 58,000 people die of the flu and pneumonia each year in the US. This is being hyped by the dems to make Trump look bad before the election. If Biden or Bernnie get in how fast will all this go away?

There I said it. Flame on! 
    You are 100% correct. Liberals have even said this is their opening. its a sad sad day when a political party is wishing something like this on the American people 

Them and the media have weaponized this for political gain I just hope people remember it when election time is here

2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • thetrim
    Options
    @llrickman you and @JohnInCarolina should get together the next time he’s in ABQ
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95