Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: My Kid's School Just Closed Due to Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Out of toilet paper at the store? Buy some extra laundry detergent and few packs of tube socks. 
    Then start saving for the new washer you will need from Lowe’s cause that ones gonna need to be incinerated in about a month. Cleaning yo dirty underwear is one thing. Cleaning off 12 socks stuccoed in your filth is another
    You must be a millennial. There was a time when everyone washed dirty cloth diapers. 
    The corn is creamed, so that filter doesn't build up as much.
    Options
    First reported positive case out side of Chicago area announced today. Of course it's at my wife's hospital. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    Options
    First reported positive case out side of Chicago area announced today. Of course it's at my wife's hospital. 
    That sucks man.  How is your wife handling all of this?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,534
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not a school but the below is an indicator of the reach:

"As much as my grandparents loved creating the whisky that became Maker’s Mark®, they also loved welcoming visitors to our historic distillery to show them around.

That’s why what I’m about to say represents one of the toughest decisions we’ve had to make down here at Star Hill Farm. Due to ongoing concerns about public health and safety created by COVID-19, we think it’s in everyone’s best interest to temporarily suspend distillery visits by the general public. So we’ll be closing to visitors on Monday, March 16 until further notice - although rest assured, we’ll still be making your whisky. Just without an audience."
    For you MM drinkers it sounds like in the near-term the supply chain is solid.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just killed a deal for a Napa Cabernet, WS rated 91, for less than 7 dollars a bottle.

Corona is killing biz in cal wines. 

2017 will shelf for 20 years..find it buy it.
    In a store or online?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    In a store..they are selling down on inventory....likely close until the pandemic has passed on through.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2020
    Options
    That sucks man.  How is your wife handling all of this?
    A little panicked at the moment. She had interactions this week with a few of physicians they have tested. They haven't named names yet. The hospital said they will give them more info as soon as they are allowed to. 

Fortunately we are "young" and healthy if we have it. Just have to be laid up in the house for a while. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Charity event we support cancelled our drive tonight. 

We supply backpacks of food for children to take home for their families on weekends.

Been doing this a couple years. Understand the logic, but still hate it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Earlier in the thread I posted a chart of some data that showed the mortality rate for those under <30 was essentially zero. What we didn't know was how many folks in that data had actually been tested. This chart shows that in South Korea (where they have been testing thousands of people per day) that the young adult crowd is massively infected but feeling fine and thus spreading the virus to everybody else.
    One of my canes is a sword cane and any Millennial that gets too close is going to feel some sharpened pointy steel. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,237
    Options
    My buddy who lives in Berlin said it’s crazy at the stores as well. Everyone is expecting a full quarantine. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,544
    Options

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,334
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Earlier in the thread I posted a chart of some data that showed the mortality rate for those under <30 was essentially zero. What we didn't know was how many folks in that data had actually been tested. This chart shows that in South Korea (where they have been testing thousands of people per day) that the young adult crowd is massively infected but feeling fine and thus spreading the virus to everybody else.
    One of my canes is a sword cane and any Millennial that gets too close is going to feel some sharpened pointy steel. :)

Puts a whole new meaning to "You kids get off of my lawn". That is kind of close germ wise though. Maybe a beautiful electric wall?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    If you run out of TP, don't panic.  Start saving empty tubes  =)

Canugghead Posts: 6,922
    August 2019 edited August 2019
    It's Friday so what the heck. Don't laugh though 

Found myself stranded with empty roll in the w/r, fortunately someone was home and bailed me out. That got me thinking what if I was home alone and literally caught with my pants down s 

My life hack:
    Well, where there's a will there's a way, unroll the tube and scrunch to soften it...
    My life hack:
    Always wear socks. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Out of toilet paper at the store? Buy some extra laundry detergent and few packs of tube socks. 
    Then start saving for the new washer you will need from Lowe’s cause that ones gonna need to be incinerated in about a month. Cleaning yo dirty underwear is one thing. Cleaning off 12 socks stuccoed in your filth is another
    You must be a millennial. There was a time when everyone washed dirty cloth diapers. 
    We did that: rinse first, soak in disinfectant then 90 C wash.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not a millennial, From what I’ve seen you are maybe 10 years older than me. Regardless I wouldn’t wanna wash nor smell the kinda filth an adult bbq eating male would wipe off onto multiple socks. So I bought a couple 30 packs of TP while they were still available. The way I figure it will get used no matter what so spending $20 on TP for 3 months worth is a small risk/reward I’m willing to take rather than wiping my a$$ with basketball socks

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Do what Cali does, use your stinkin' hand.
    Options
    So, is there going to be a world-wide, v2 "Baby Boom" about nine months from now?  

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    I stopped in Aldi and people were everywhere. Carts completely full of food. Which is not very common for most people who frequent Aldi. Pepole were grabbing eggs off the cart as the employee was trying to restock them. I've never seen one so busy. I grabbed my 3/12 packs of carbonated water for my wifes Grandma and checked up out of there. 

I almost went home and gave my deep freeze a hug and a kiss. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Not a millennial, From what I’ve seen you are maybe 10 years older than me. Regardless I wouldn’t wanna wash nor smell the kinda filth an adult bbq eating male would wipe off onto multiple socks. So I bought a couple 30 packs of TP while they were still available. The way I figure it will get used no matter what so spending $20 on TP for 3 months worth is a small risk/reward I’m willing to take rather than wiping my a$$ with basketball socks
    Pu$$y.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options

Just found another Facebook marketplace jem. 

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Do what Cali does, use your stinkin' hand.
    Don’t forget the water. That part is important. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,371
    Options
    As Americans it’s strange not to have well stocked grocery stores for sure. Being in Florida I’ve seen the hurricane panic buying of bread, water, gas and non perishables but I don’t think I’ve seen meat departments sold out of chicken but I did today. No TP at Publix or Target near me the couple times we went. We saw a Walmart truck on the road today and my wife said I bet there is toilet paper on that truck, looked like a lioness with a gazelle in her sights 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,604
    Options
    Mexico is not the only neighbour, just saying  :s
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options

Don't forget...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• waegger
    waegger Posts: 88
    Options
    My solution is now I just walk through the car wash.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike