Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SmokeyLopey
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Tomahawks 4Life!
    Where else can you have that much fun and that much good food for $26?!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    The Golden Retriever was robbed I say.
    A standard poodle... cmon. The Boxer was spectacular and that smile on the Golden... 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Burning off the new oven. Can’t wait to try it out 
  • PigBeanUs
    Options

Oh I’d like to baller too, she’s cute.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    @ColtsFan Happy Birthday.. 

I’d much rather have your game controller at my desk than the Bloomberg keyboard I have. 
    HA! Don't ever let someone in IT convince you they work hard. If you're doing the job correctly, you just have to put out the occasional fire.

That leaves plenty of time for Xbox and office beers
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Cornholio said:
    @ColtsFan Happy Birthday.. 

I’d much rather have your game controller at my desk than the Bloomberg keyboard I have. 
    HA! Don't ever let someone in IT convince you they work hard. If you're doing the job correctly, you just have to put out the occasional fire.

That leaves plenty of time for Xbox and office beers
    Those were the days!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @SmokeyLopey - Great cook and result right there.  You did that steak and the caveman cook proud!  Congrats.  Money shot tells the story.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Mexican fried chicken with green chili corn waffles... Make this and thank me later. 

I made piloncillo syrup and used that instead of topping the chicken with salsa. Make the guacamole spicy - it works with the syrup. 

Gary this looks and sounds pretty awesome!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Ohio State has a culture problem that Urban created. When will folks realize the long term effects of employing that dirt bag? He might be gone but his legacy remains.  

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ohio-state-football-amir-riep-jahsen-wint-arrested-charged-rape-kidnapping-050902302.html
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    That Ohio State article was surprisingly explicit :|
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina That wasn't my best plating job ever but the flavors were on point. If you make the guac spicy then you get the hot/sweet thing going on and it works...
    I've never been a huge chicken and waffles fan but this was good. There's a lot of ingredients (that I keep around) but it was actually a pretty simple cook.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    breaking things
    10 ton overhead crane exploded in sparks, moved a large cast iron weld table with a smaller jib crane to setup some staging to fix the overhead and twisted the jib up good.  :o
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Thinking about buying a bottle of Blanton's straight from the barrel cask strength for $200 (and then explaining it to the boss lady that I need it)
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Oh I’d like to baller too, she’s cute.
    That Burberry scarf is chavtastic.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    laughing..

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Thinking about buying a bottle of Blanton's straight from the barrel cask strength for $200 (and then explaining it to the boss lady that I need it)
    Never had the barrel cask...did score 2 regular bottles from my local supply that bought a barrels worth around Xmas. 2 for $120
  • Eoin
    Options
    billt01 said:
    laughing..

I mean, universal state funded healthcare is basically communism, amirite?
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Keep the politics out of this thread, it's the best one on here. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Eoin
    Options
    Watching England snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the T20.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    @tigertony if you have the chance, go see a gastroenterologist first. You may not actually need to have your gallbladder removed, and some people suffer without them.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Guys...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I don’t comment sometimes on hour cooks because frankly - I just can’t find the words. “I made all this cool stuff. I vaguely remember serving it on some pizza...”

#1 That is just really cool.
    #2 You have a great culinary talent and skill set.
    #3 You operate on a whole different level than me. Like - I’m Pee Wee league and you are Pro. And you don’t flaunt it - you just can’t help being that good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @smokingal - So you have been withholding all this and this is the opening installment??  I see a Chinese water torture deal in the making...and I will be quite happy to participate in the leaked greatness.  
    I don't care how small the SD card, I am quite confident I have never taken enough pics to fill one.  Of course, suitable subjects might have altered my approach.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    My son just passed his driver's test at the DMV. Just added him to our insurance. What a kick in the junk.
    When we added our daughter to our insurance, it almost doubled. My son turns 16 later this year, I have no idea what that will do to it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    DMW said:
    My son just passed his driver's test at the DMV. Just added him to our insurance. What a kick in the junk.
    When we added our daughter to our insurance, it almost doubled. My son turns 16 later this year, I have no idea what that will do to it.
    Well, ours has more than doubled. Which really sucks because Nevada has some of the highest insurance rates I have seen due to the number of uninsured drivers.
    Las Vegas, NV