Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Lost a good one Monday. Got him 4 weeks after my wife and I got married. He was our first kid really. Been pretty rough but he had a good life. 

Steak from a fed out cow we recently got processed. He chewed it down to the bone.

Very sorry about your pup.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    Maurice's Gold is a great sauce.  Enjoy the banquet.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I don't know who the masked marvel is that disagreed with the above post about Maurice's Gold but grow some and own it. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I don't know who the masked marvel is that disagreed with the above post about Maurice's Gold but grow some and own it. 
    Is that the one people have butt hurt about cuz they don’t like the guy or he’s a bad guy? 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Never had that sauce, but I’m a huge fan of the mustard sauces on pork in general. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Ok Frank. It was me. I think his sauce sucks and Maurice was a terrible racist. Sue me. I simply disagreed with a statement, it’s not like it was flagged or anything. 

Geez man, you’re starting to sound like Mr. Pratt. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2020
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Where'd the fun political thread go?
    I think Nola (and his troll account) got it hosed for us all.  Not surprised in the least. Was just a matter of time with all his articles about Trump.  Crazy stuff.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Just finished streaming this.   Worth the watch IMO
    https://youtu.be/jiaM1YBNJEk

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Ok Frank. It was me. I think his sauce sucks and Maurice was a terrible racist. Sue me. I simply disagreed with a statement, it’s not like it was flagged or anything. 

Thanks for the follow-up.  But whenever I disagree here (and for the great  majority of time I let it go) I let the poster know and why. 
    BTW- I don't own a Corvette or MB... =)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I think Nola (and his troll account) got it hosed for us all.  Not surprised in the least. Was just a matter of time with all his articles about Trump.  Crazy stuff.
    That thread was doomed from the start.  You didn't see me starting state of the union threads when Obummer was president. 

And you didn't see me post threads about the stock market and attach my puckered lips to the president's ass in adoration and worship either when it had the same positive growth slope then.

Because I like to debate issues and not prostrate myself to whatever entity helps me make more money rather than prop up Americans, collectively, inclusively, and with real patriotism, not the fake swill you deludedly shovel in your greed hole.

But that's just me.  You do you.

TTFN
    Did @RRP legit peace out?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the job situation @DMW.  At least you can always call Taylor.  Good luck, and I am sure a guy like you will land on your feet running full steam for the finish line!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Sorry to hear about the job situation @DMW.  At least you can always call Taylor.  Good luck, and I am sure a guy like you will land on your feet running full steam for the finish line!
    I made a few calls today, need to upload my resume tomorrow and I'll have an interview on Friday. It's a panel format and I know everyone on the panel. I can't say much more of what happened for now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    I made a few calls today, need to upload my resume tomorrow and I'll have an interview on Friday. It's a panel format and I know everyone on the panel. I can't say much more of what happened for now.
    On to something bigger and better, my friend.

If all else fails, tell 'em the story about the Hasty Bake so they can bask in your glory. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Did @RRP legit peace out?  

He was last logged in Jan 24th.  Last comments seemed normal.  Who knows.
    edited February 2020
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    That thread was doomed from the start.  You didn't see me starting state of the union threads when Obummer was president. 

And you didn't see me post threads about the stock market and attach my puckered lips to the president's ass in adoration and worship either when it had the same positive growth slope then.

Because I like to debate issues and not prostrate myself to whatever entity helps me make more money rather than prop up Americans, collectively, inclusively, and with real patriotism, not the fake swill you deludedly shovel in your greed hole.

TTFN
    So much anger...reminds me of Pelosi last night.  I will pray for your healing and know things will get better if you accept that we all are Gods children and we love you.

Perhaps we could get you to attend an episode of Dr Phil and talk it out?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Nobody complaining about hate speech coming from the right?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SonVolt said:

TTFN
    So much anger...reminds me of Pelosi last night.  I will pray for your healing and know things will get better if you accept that we all are Gods children and we love you.

Perhaps we could get you to attend an episode of Dr Phil and talk it out?
    Puh-lease, Wonder Bread.  If I was angry, why have I been laughing my butt off this whole time?  
    But honestly....he was acquitted...and the Dow went up 483 points today.  Ain’t America great?  What great times we live in.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Not just that, his brother’s(Thomas, Joe, and Melvin) sauces are much better. “Terrible racist” is putting it lightly, too.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Saying goodbye to this wonderful thread...you lived a good life.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    But honestly....he was acquitted...and the Dow went up 483 points today.  Ain’t America great?  What great times we live in.
    You are like that kid that gets burned over and over despite the warning from his parents the pot is hot.

We try to keep politics off this thread.  Capiche?
    Options
    If you fell on your head one too many times and I'm possibly violating some ADA regs, pls let me know.
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Pushed times make a monkey chew pepper! Capiche?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Pushed times make a monkey chew pepper! Capiche?

Options
    DMW said:
    Looking for a new job.
    Good luck.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @nolaegghead...
    I'm partial to them old scouts.

Internet scouting some cool wreck dives for this summer.

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Last night’s dinner, we recreated a Disney dish. Nutella fruit waffles.

LBGE
    AL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Saw this the other day at my butcher and snapped a pic of it. Couldn’t find it on Naked Whiz after a very brief search. I was back at the store again and asked them about it. They started off touting that it was South American lump, blah blah blah. I cut the guy off pretty quickly telling him that I wasn’t interested in contributing to the rampant deforestation in South America. Notice the Georgia State logo on the bag. That’s some low rent deceptive marketing. Buyer beware.