Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Save The Date: NCBB2020

Friends,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Butt Blast this year will be held on Saturday, April 18th, at Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury, NC.  We'll have a thread up later with the usual set of details, but for now we wanted to announce the date and location.  

Brought to you by CHUBB.  
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    its on like Donkey Kong!!

But we're only coming if we can be neighbors with @Jupiter Jim and @Jeremiah again.

#bestBBneighborsever

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    caliking said:

But we're only coming if we can be neighbors with @Jupiter Jim and @Jeremiah again.

#bestBBneighborsever
    What am I, a burnt liver sandwich on stale bread?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    YukonRon said:
    caliking said:

#bestBBneighborsever
    Not by any stretch, my friend. But caliprince has a thing for Jim’s RV =)

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Cabin C4 for us, can't wait 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon said:
    caliking said:

#bestBBneighborsever
    One of the best compliments I’ve ever seen was @caliking gushing over that blue cheese crack you put on the beef tenderloin sliders.  
  • caliking
    YukonRon said:
    caliking said:

#bestBBneighborsever
    One of the best compliments I’ve ever seen was @caliking gushing over that blue cheese crack you put on the beef tenderloin sliders.  
    That sauce, on whatever juju @Eggcelsior had cooked up,  is on my list of 10 Best Bites Ever. Not kidding. And I don't even usually like bleu cheese!

• And the word on the street is that all of the cabins have been reserved.  
  • lkapigian
    Cabin 5 is still available as of 1/7/20 745 pacific time
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Bumpity Bump Bump.

If you have the slightest interest in this event you should definitely make the trip.

Come meet some great people, laugh, cry, and eat well.

Site 32 and camper reserved. No more tent camping in a monsoon for this guy.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Charlotte the best airport to fly into?  (with a connection through atlanta of course lol) Thinking about trying to talk the wife into going?  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    edited January 2020
    Charlotte the best airport to fly into?  (with a connection through atlanta of course lol) Thinking about trying to talk the wife into going?  
    It is.  It’s only about 50 minutes from the park, depending on traffic.  
  • lkapigian
    Charlotte the best airport to fly into?  (with a connection through atlanta of course lol) Thinking about trying to talk the wife into going?  
    It is.  It’s only about 50 minutes from the park, depending on traffic.  
    that is where I am booking my flight, any hotel recommendations near the park?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    There are several hotels around, just do not book into Happy Traveler. You will thank me later.

Google search.....Salisbury Hotels, jake alexander blvd....that will give you several options about 5 miles from the park, Uber will also make it to the park.

Any other questions I will try to help. PM me for my number.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I have camped in site 75 the last couple of years. It is next door to Ron's campsite. This year i will be hoteling it as my daughter is due with child in early May. Do to some potential complications, they may need to induce labor one to two weeks before the due date. As this might have impact to my attendance, I will be staying off site as it is easier to cancel reservations should the need arrive. My point is, site 75 is available as far as i know.....but will likely be a bit noisy and well lighted in the Saturday evening hours if you are looking to catch up on your sleep. Just kidding of course, its all family friendly. Looking forward to seeing you all again this year.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    bubbajack said:
    There are several hotels around, just do not book into Happy Traveler. You will thank me later.

Google search.....Salisbury Hotels, jake alexander blvd....that will give you several options about 5 miles from the park, Uber will also make it to the park.

Any other questions I will try to help. PM me for my number.
    thanks @bubbajack
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    I have camped in site 75 the last couple of years. It is next door to Ron's campsite. This year i will be hoteling it as my daughter is due with child in early May. Do to some potential complications, they may need to induce labor one to two weeks before the due date. As this might have impact to my attendance, I will be staying off site as it is easier to cancel reservations should the need arrive. My point is, site 75 is available as far as i know.....but will likely be a bit noisy and well lighted in the Saturday evening hours if you are looking to catch up on your sleep. Just kidding of course, its all family friendly. Looking forward to seeing you all again this year.
    Site 75 is also close to the flames.

For anyone planning on using Uber, cell signal can be spotty within the park.

• lkapigian
    is there a centralized location in the park where "most" festivities are happening
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    is that slacker @Killit_and_Grillit showing his face this year?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lkapigian said:
    is there a centralized location in the park where "most" festivities are happening

Ive heard it all goes down in the petting zoo... but I have never been.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian said:

Ive heard it all goes down in the petting zoo... but I have never been.
    What happens in the petting zoo... stays in the petting zoo.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I’m all booked.
  • northGAcock
    caliking said:
    Site 75 is also close to the flames.

For anyone planning on using Uber, cell signal can be spotty within the park.
    .....thus my comment of being well lighted.

• northGAcock
    johnnyp said:
    Don't forget thievding. 

• johnnyp said:
    He is like Bigfoot existing only in pictures and 1 poorly lit video.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Or Greensboro. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Or Greensboro. 
    Alliegiant flies into concord, nc as well. 20 miles.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Hope the DN Gestapo is off that weekend.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    YukonRon said:
    caliking said:

#bestBBneighborsever
    Ron, 
    I will vouch for you as a neighbor. Site 76 reserved. Hope I don’t have to move out of the neighborhood as soon in 2020. B)
    I am surprised they are letting you back in the park at all @Sand@SandyHookEgger
    But I am glad they are....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    Sea2Ski said:
    YukonRon said:
    caliking said:

#bestBBneighborsever
    Ron, 
    I will vouch for you as a neighbor. Site 76 reserved. Hope I don’t have to move out of the neighborhood as soon in 2020. B)
    I am surprised they are letting you back in the park at all @Sand@SandyHookEgger
    But I am glad they are....
    He should be moved to concierge level campsite.