Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who Dat?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    I don't care where the Vikes go now. As long as they've beat Sean Payton.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • more karma for payton.  we remember his bounty scheme.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I hope Kirk wins a Super Bowl. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Let’s not get carried away now. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Only way Kirk gets to a super bowl is if he buys tickets. Cmon man
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Options
    It’s too bad we can’t have a Bills v Vikings Super Bowl.  Is it possible for neither team to win?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,335
    Options
    I think the NFL overtime rules blow. Each team should at least get the opportunity to score 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I think the NFL overtime rules blow. Each team should at least get the opportunity to score 
    The NFL OT rules are designed to make sure an overtime doesn’t take too much time, and that’s about it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    Have the Eagles-Seahawks muted as I cannot stand Cris Collinsworth.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    And didn't the Saints win the coin toss, and elect to kick?  Why, in a sudden death situation, would you do that?  :confused:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    And didn't the Saints win the coin toss, and elect to kick?  Why, in a sudden death situation, would you do that?  :confused:
    They lost the coin toss.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Vikings won the toss and took the ball, FYI.  But all you need is a defensive stop (no TD (or safety)) and you get a chance.  Definitely better than it was.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Have the Eagles-Seahawks muted as I cannot stand Cris Collinsworth.  
    Hopefully it’s been a quiet day. Joe Buck is orders of magnitude worse.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Buck is up there but not in the Collinsworth category for me.  Yesterday was my first listen to Mcfarland (don't pay much attention to the No Fun League til the play-offs) this year and he zoomed up the charts of 'I can't stand him", definitely closing on Collinsworth but he has no chance of catching him.  B)
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,757
    Options
    Fran Tarkington
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Let’s not get carried away now. 
    ColbyLang said:
    johnnyp said:
    Only way Kirk gets to a super bowl is if he buys tickets. Cmon man
    I’m a Skins fan and I hate the way we mismanaged his whole situation.  I want him to kill it. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Geaux Tigers!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    They lost the coin toss.
    Hmmm, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.  Thanks!    

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have to admit, Collinsworth doesn't bother me much at all.  Joe Buck is like listening to fingernails on the chalkboard
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

I've really never understood the Collingsworth hate. Can someone give specifics?

I think he's one of the smartest, concise, intuitive analysts on TV today.

Tell me why I’m wrong.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Buck is up there but not in the Collinsworth category for me.  Yesterday was my first listen to Mcfarland (don't pay much attention to the No Fun League til the play-offs) this year and he zoomed up the charts of 'I can't stand him", definitely closing on Collinsworth but he has no chance of catching him.  B)

So you may have missed out on the idiotic BoogerMobile that would cruise along the sidelines.
    Image result for boogermobile
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Screw it, I'm going to bed.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I have to admit, Collinsworth doesn't bother me much at all.  Joe Buck is like listening to fingernails on the chalkboard
    ^^^^^This, I DVR and ff between plays because of Joe Buck and Troy isn’t much better. Colinsworth I can live with. Romo is downright enjoyable to listen to.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Options
    dmchicago said:

I've really never understood the Collingsworth hate. Can someone give specifics?

I think he's one of the smartest, concise, intuitive analysts on TV today.

Tell me why I’m wrong.

He could be, I just find him to be annoying, nothing more to it than that.  Most of the time I ignore the broadcasters, so a good one to me is one I don’t really notice unless I’m trying to pay attention to them for something specific.

At least Collingsworth played.  Joe Buck, not so much and he is harder to take for me.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's just a football game, guys.  Not the end of the world.  Well, at least it's just a football game.
    Options
    Buck gives off much more of an arrogance then colinsworth in my opinion.   I do believe in the notion however that a commentator, coach etc can be great in a position with hard work and study of the craft and not be a former player.  Buck rubs people the wrong way I think.   
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk

Artie Lange ruining joe bucks tv show is worth a look
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    thinking the bufalo is not a pats fan
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it