Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new table.. FINALLY done after 2 years!

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,727
edited December 2019 in EggHead Forum
After 2 yrs  of procrastination, sanding, varnishing, and many beer-hours... my spiffy new table is done :)

Many thanks to @Mattman3969 for tips about the granite top. 

looking forward to happier egging with it!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• Awesome- definitely worth the wait. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Bukin Fitching @caliking
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Good looking table!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    You made it by the end of the year!  Lol.  Nice looking table.  What’s the plan for the sink?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Wow!!!!!  That is a piece of art.  How does the sink work?  Thank you for sharing!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Where is the hook on which to affix a bag of bourbon slushie?

Beautiful. As with others, I’m also curious to know how you’ve got the sink hooked up. 
  • Oh my Lord, you forgot the hole for the BGE!

Just kidding - it looks stellar!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    It's an outdoor bar, not egg table as the title suggests.  Should be OT 😁
    canuckland
  • caliking
    You made it by the end of the year!  Lol.  Nice looking table.  What’s the plan for the sink?
    Just barely :becky:

the table will actually live off to the side of the patio, where the eggs are. I had it stubbed for water when it was built several years ago. Just finished making the drain connection which will empty into a bucket. Mainly need it for hand washing, and washing large pans. 

Thanks again for help with the granite. 

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    A SINK!!!  The bar has been raised

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• caliking
    edited December 2019
    Where is the hook on which to affix a bag of bourbon slushie?

Beautiful. As with others, I’m also curious to know how you’ve got the sink hooked up. 
    @smbishop Elegant? No. Functional? Yes! :)

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Endeavor to perservere. Or is it perservere to endeavor? 
    Either way, 2 years is a lot better than what I have done, and it looks great!
    Love the sink.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Beautiful!  Congrats gettin’ ‘er done.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Nice touch with the bucket!
    Nicely done sir!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Pretty impressive carpentry skills for a butt doctor!
    Nice job @caliking great looking table

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Nice table for sure! Sink for the win.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Nice looking table.

2 issues I see:
    Those flexible elbows suck. Stuff gets trapped in those corrugated parts and then grows bad stuff and stinks. Change it out for a smooth elbow.
    Second, it looks like you connected the hot line to a cold source (not a big deal) and you left the cold side unconnected (big deal). If someone opens both side of the valve, you will have water running into the sink and down that unused pipe onto the ground. You should either cap that unused cold pipe off or split the water source to go up both pipes of the sink. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I can’t decide between giving a genuine compliment and making a smart azz comment...
    I’ll go with genuine compliment: The table looks beautiful. You should be proud.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Fantastic looking table my friend...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    Pretty impressive carpentry skills for a butt doctor!
    The granite guy was saying things like " well, its probably not going to be very level if you made it" etc. when I went to his shop. He took it back when they came to install the granite :smile: 

I grew up learning woodworking with hand tools (no power tools) and cutting all joints by hand.  Its been simple stuff for some years though. Have missed it for many many years and keep dreaming of getting back to it.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    A real labor of love right there. Beautiful detail and I'm certain you'll enjoy using it. 👍
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    Toxarch said:
    Nice looking table.

2 issues I see:
    Those flexible elbows suck. Stuff gets trapped in those corrugated parts and then grows bad stuff and stinks. Change it out for a smooth elbow.
    Second, it looks like you connected the hot line to a cold source (not a big deal) and you left the cold side unconnected (big deal). If someone opens both side of the valve, you will have water running into the sink and down that unused pipe onto the ground. You should either cap that unused cold pipe off or split the water source to go up both pipes of the sink. 
    Point(s) taken. I wanted the flexible elbow as it takes some pressure off the sink drain when moving the straight vertical pipe to remove/replace the bucket. Sounds good in my head at least.

The drain install is incomplete until I get the hose bib splitter, to  connect both faucets to the water source. Temporarily dry fit since folks asked about the sink connection.  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Nice pool! Table looks good too!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• You forgot the hole in the table to mount your egg!
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    caliking said:
    Where is the hook on which to affix a bag of bourbon slushie?

@smbishop Elegant? No. Functional? Yes! :)

Code violation for sure...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    @Photo Egg shhhhh! It’s a “water recycling system” =)

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    caliking said:
    Toxarch said:
    Nice looking table.

2 issues I see:
    Point(s) taken. I wanted the flexible elbow as it takes some pressure off the sink drain when moving the straight vertical pipe to remove/replace the bucket. Sounds good in my head at least.

The drain install is incomplete until I get the hose bib splitter, to  connect both faucets to the water source. Temporarily dry fit since folks asked about the sink connection.  
    Where some see holes, cali sees entry points to run a scope into a pipe.

nice table!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Awesome table.  Love it.  Looks to be a great manageable size. 2 questions: 
    1) is that granite on all three levels? 
    2) is that a real bird (a duck maybe?) at the back edge of the pool? I am not talking about the rubber ducky with the cool shades....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.