Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just put in a big order for some Christmas overalls and aftershave. Will post picks when it is delivered. Fixing to order some shaving soap for the holidays as well. It’s going to be a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday this year 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Ordered a new watch from the local (as in <30 minutes from me) store that carries the brand (Rado). Expect to pick it up by EOD Thursday (getting shipped from NJ to NH).
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options

Saw this at publix, haven’t tried yet but heard it was pretty good 
    LBGE
    AL
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Costco shopping cart so far. 

This is going to hurt. 

God help the employee that has to check your receipt against your cart. 
    And this is why Costco is my largest investment holding for a number of years now. A well run company; and the customers can not help themselves but send money...I am waiting on a truck that I bought through them. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • speed51133
    Options
    my employer just checked out of our local costco...they bought every single mac and cheese box and instant oatmeal in stock (charity donation). I was laughing seeing them check out....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • RockyTopDW
    Options

Botch, i’m not doing photo editing.  I use it for work & checking out the interweb.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    1911Man said:
    Ordered a new watch from the local (as in <30 minutes from me) store that carries the brand (Rado). Expect to pick it up by EOD Thursday (getting shipped from NJ to NH).
    Pics when you get it, please!  
    I got a Vincero about a year ago; its not expensive/fancy by any means but I like it.  

There was a cool watch thread on this forum, I can't remember the fancy Latin name for Fancy Watch so I can't find it... 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

A new HVAC unit... I'm sure there's a reason, but I can't figure out why a half-days work and some sheet metal costs over $6,000.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SonVolt said:

A new HVAC unit... I'm sure there's a reason, but I can't figure out why a half-days work and some sheet metal costs over $6,000.

Seems like a bargain. I’m getting a whole day for a few guys but it’s 25k!
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    $25k for a residential HVAC unit, or you heating a Walmart?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    $25k for a residential HVAC unit, or you heating a Walmart?
    The latter. Not quite, but enough. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    A carwash.  Finally found one that would accept my dually! Really excited.  I like washing by hand but not when it's cold out.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Options
    Ah, there it is; thanks!  
    My gifted Citizen is still running fine.  I just bought the Vincero because I loved the way it looked.  
    I much prefer a metal band, though.  

• 1911Man
    Options
    Just ordered a pair of drop-in trigger groups (AR10/15) from Brownells since they're on sale and there's a code for 10% off orders over $49. 
    https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=232958&pid=126544
    Also ordered an upper that will be used in a pistol build (still getting the parts).
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/308-ar-m5-upper-receiver-sku100015987-71789-152440.aspx
    Yup, AR10 pistol with a 12-1/2" barrel.  =)

Hope that my watch is ready for me to pick up tomorrow afternoon. Will be even happier if my original Rado repair is complete and I can get it at the same time. As long as I'm not going to that area after next Wednesday, I'll be OK. Otherwise, I probably won't go near there (there's a mall right there) until after the new year. Unless I can leave work early enough to miss all the stupid traffic. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Paid my property tax today at courthouse.  $3600 for a house valued at $350k. What a bargain, compared  to my vehicle property taxes!  Even my IRA gets taxed by state of Kansas 6%. Very expensive cost of living here.
  • Botch
    Options
    Paid my property tax today at courthouse.  $3600 for a house valued at $350k. What a bargain, compared  to my vehicle property taxes!  Even my IRA gets taxed by state of Kansas 6%. Very expensive cost of living here.
    My property tax, and my home value, are both about 50% of yours, so I guess the same rate.  And my vehicle property taxes are almost nothing.
    BUT I'm paying a 66.7% "sin" tax on alcohol stronger than 5%, so we don't know who's getting soaked more...  ;)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    move to the tax free state of new hampshire, for a 350,000 dollar falling apart camp theres 22.55 dollars per 1000,or 7892 in taxes.  i had to move near boston to get the taxes down to 2200 for the same run down camp in mass.
    and for the quality home, this is a 700k house, 1056 square foot on a small muck hole pond at almost 16k per year in taxes. i may see a reason why the younger folk have been moving outa state

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Ordered a piece of Carrara marble for the bathroom refurb.  Hope I measured it right.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Ordered a piece of Carrara marble for the bathroom refurb.  Hope I measured it right.
    was amazed how easy they cut my granite sink to fit the odd shaped 80 year old wall in my bathroom. the opening and exposed edges were done at the countertop company, the back and side walls were cut with a circular  saw after tracing and cut on the porch

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,864
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Big pizza stone, otherwise???? =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    Big pizza stone, otherwise???? =)
    Back up plan!
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    100 HP Parker fire tube boiler, plus water softeners and condensate return tanks. Runs at <10psi. Expensive on the front end but a very efficient way to heat an industrial property that I manage and have an ownership stake in. 

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • 1911Man
    Options
    My new Rado watch...

It's very cool being able to see the inner parts move.

Now I'm just waiting for the call that my first Rado is ready for me to pick it up from getting it repaired (bracelet broke). =)
  • Botch
    Options
    1911Man said:
    My new Rado watch...

It's very cool being able to see the inner parts move.

Now I'm just waiting for the call that my first Rado is ready for me to pick it up from getting it repaired (bracelet broke). =)
    I've never seen a watch styled quite like that.  VERY cool!!!  
    The back of my Vincero is a disk of polished marble (or that's what the website said, it may be a high-quality decal...)  

• Botch
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The Man In The Brown Shorts™ just delivered my new Air Cannon:

After researching (and using) a ceramic coating on my car paint (and seeing how easily sprayed water sheets/beads off), and researching a bit more, I'm converting to a "touchless" home car-washing method: power-spray the car with a pressure washer, apply a pre-soak foam layer with same pressure washer, with a "foam cannon" (which I also received today), let sit, then pressure-wash off the foam.  Then, use the above Air Cannon to blow off the beaded water, and yer done!  The process is a lot quicker than my old "sponge/bucket/chamois" method I've used until now, and a lot easier on my steadily-atrophying frame (also much better for the paint).  
    Here's a video of the process, from a guy who's possibly more anal than I am (you guys who crash through virgin forests in your raised diesel Ford F-OMG50's with monster tires can skip this and just chuckle at Detail-Boy from Utard...  ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQmB_qje_4

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Can't believe I just watched a dude wash his car.  FML.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • 1911Man
    Options
    Going to be calling my local BGE dealer on my drive to work tomorrow to get things rolling on getting a large egg. Hope they have at least one in stock and I can get it delivered before Wednesday of next week. I've got my medium sold (guy's getting it on Saturday). So I'll need to get the new one in place ASAP. Going to order up the Woo ring tonight and the Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can for it. Plus the Smokeware cap. =)
  • Botch
    edited November 2019
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Can't believe I just watched a dude wash his car.  FML.

You're getting Old, like me!!!  :tongue: