Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DA Ribeye Katsu Sandos

Options
Do I have your attention?  I bet that I do.

Saw a variation of these on one of the sous-vide groups I follow.  They’re usually made with wagyu, but I had some ribeyes I had dry-aged for 56 days that I thought would be interesting to try for this.  And instead of sous-vide, I smoked them on the BGE.

Here are a few of the ribeyes.  I hit them with a light dusting of S&P, then smoked them with post oak until they were at 130 IT:

Next came the bread.  I toasted some high-quality white bread and then slapped on a layer of gochujang mayo:

One of the ribeyes off the BGE, trimmed up a little.

These were dredged in flour, then egg wash, and finally panko.  Fried up in a shallow oil bath for maybe a minute plus per side:

Assembled into sandwiches and then sliced into bite-size pieces:

These were really good.  Very tasty. The toast alone with the spicy mayo is pretty awesome. I’d love to try these with a standard ribeye or wagyu to see the difference.  Thanks for looking!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments