Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @bubbajack

I am so sorry for your loss.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    hmmmmm....where can I hang these....
    Options
    Maybe hang them "flat" against the roof on both sides of the center of the building.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @YukonRon You went all in right there with four.  Great eats on the horizon for sure. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Maybe hang them "flat" against the roof on both sides of the center of the building.
    My house on the Northside.

Awesome haul.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @lousubcap
    I have tried the same thing. The Apple folks look at me in the Apple store, make the judgement of mouth breathing, knuckle dragging,  luddite, and ask me to leave.

I have a galaxy. I am happy.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:
    It‘s been a long week and will be a miracle if I‘m able to avoid the combo of LEO and just regular exhaustion to see the 9th inning and/or extras before I hit some pretty hardcore REM.  
    When the A's jump on 'em early you won't feel so bad about crashing.  B)
    'Sup!

Should've put some brown water on this one!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Right now-not drinking fast enough!  But every team gets 27 outs...
    Go A's!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Listening to the song "Women" by Jamey johnson....song is pretty true for me.

Was listening to my set of favorite songs on my play list...but half of those,  me and my ex went to concerts to see together ...had to change to other skit...
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Great opening night of hockey. VGK got a dominant win. We will see if they can do it again Friday.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    @lousubcap Anne has an iPhone and iPad, does everything on Apple. When something doesn't work, she always asks me to look at it, but I am a Galaxy guy and find Apple stuff difficult to deal with. Even editing an email is a PITA. Anyway, your're a better man than me trying to make that change over, I'm never doing it.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    sorry for your loss @bubbajack he looked like a character.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Tenderloin, heirlooms, asparagus and a very awesome bottle of wine. Deets in the peanutbutter thread. Thank you for looking.
    My eyes zoomed in on the bottle. Always one of my favorites and a great place to visit. Ynette and I have just spent the Santa Clara Valley Wine Association Passport month visiting thirty of the thirty four local wineries wineries. Some of these places turn out some truly excellent wine without the Napa Valley prices. Shop local, drink, and crawl home....
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I don't know the first thing about those banners but I'd find them the most beneficial on the floor like that. Might save some future oil leaks on the cement. How my brain works anyways....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Is it just me but those steaks on the Forum header look tough and overdone.. =)=)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yno said:
    YukonRon said:

Tenderloin, heirlooms, asparagus and a very awesome bottle of wine. Deets in the peanutbutter thread. Thank you for looking.
    My eyes zoomed in on the bottle. Always one of my favorites and a great place to visit. Ynette and I have just spent the Santa Clara Valley Wine Association Passport month visiting thirty of the thirty four local wineries wineries. Some of these places turn out some truly excellent wine without the Napa Valley prices. Shop local, drink, and crawl home....
    @Yno

That must have been a very fun time. I think anyone who enjoys wine, has to do the California wine area tours at one point in their lives. You with proximity makes me envious, for sure.

I have a lot of friends and clients in the industry, and from time to time, have to go and check out operations as a follow up to be positive the stuff is doing what the stuff is supposed to do.

Once or twice a year I make it out there for business, and once or twice a year, I have the pleasure of having My Beautiful Wife accompany me for vacation. We love touring the vinyards, buying select vintages and shipping them home. We do a lot of backpacking, and hiking so we bundle it all on those in each trip.

I also get to do the same in France, Germany, Austria, Spain and Italy. Suzy loves the whites, I am red fan, and summers gets the rosé treatment. Great with BBQ.

I think my cellar is fairly representitive of our vintages we enjoy, except one. Suzy and I had a rosé at a clients BBQ in Napa. This guy makes incredible wine, but he had a rosé he actually purchased from another vinyard, owned by the same folks that make Cliff Bars. We went to the Cliff Bar wine shop to buy a case. Could not get it. As they say, the best wine out there seldom leaves the area, and it was true here as well. Sold every bottle in less than 5 days. If you like that type of wine to serve, buy a case of it, if you do not like it, I will buy it from you.

Another one to try, if you have not already, is Sequoia Grove's Syrah. I have not had too many better than theirs. Excellent addition to your cellar, will raise some eybrows amongst friends when you share.

Maybe we could hook up for dinner some evening, next time I/we are out there. I/we would love to meet you all.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Yno said:
    YukonRon said:

My eyes zoomed in on the bottle...
    Ahhh...I think I am now understanding your forum name. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss @bubbajack.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Flying to Malawi for work.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options

Sounds like a Costco trip is in need to stock up on butter 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Going to pick up a used XL with a buddy (he is buying it).   He got it for a good price. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    @bubbajack. I know what it's like to lose a grilling buddy!  Some won't understand but they ARE family!   I kept hotdogs in the freezer to grill for my GB.  It didn't matter if I burned them to a crisp or  barely warmed em. Im sure Duke was the same. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• HeavyG
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Had a birthday trifle today. The kids got me a CI plancha as well.

Happy birthday!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options
    Laughing...
    Will be interesting to see how California and the NCAA fight each other.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Eoin
    Happy Birthday brother. I wish you many more to come my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.