Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    I hate that we can no longer see when someone "Flag"s a thread.

Have a great weekend everyone.  I'm off to my daughter's cross country meet, then she and I are doing a weekend away to watch the final Sat/Sun of the TB Rays' season.

Cheers!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited September 2019
    TTC said:
    SWMBO and I had a blast in telluride (winter season).  She hit the spa and I hit the slopes, but we really enjoyed the ski town (and gondolas to get you from point a to point b). 

The Detroit style pizza place was amazing. 
    Appreciate the tip.  Lived in CO (Vail and Denver) for 35 years, haven't been to Telluride since I was in college.  

Planning on eating my body weight in edibles, sipping good tequila and sitting in the hot tub and looking at stars all night.  One of the things I miss most about Vail is the stars.  We have so much light pollution here in town you'd almost never know there were any stars left.
    Telluride is my happy place, but never been there this time of year. 

+1 for Brown Dog Pizza, stupid good Detroit style pan pizza. Also get a steamed burger at Steamies (dispensary in same building fwiw) 

We really enjoy going to the bar at Allred's at the mid station gondola for happy hour and snacks. Same bartender (Paul) for the last 3 years and he makes an incredible Manhattan. Incredible views of town and great people watching (at least in ski season). 

Hope you have a great trip

Thanks for the tips.

Did dinner at Allred's.  Was prepared to be a bit disappointed as everyone said it was an epic experience.  It lived up to the hype - top 5 dining experiences of a lifetime, and the Manhattan was amazing.

Brown Dog came highly recommended by several and was fantastic. 

Stayed at a pretty nice shack in Mt Village, elk were bugling just outside the window all night long with the full moon coming in.  Just incredible.

Great vibe in town - what Vail used to be like 35 years ago when we moved there.  Small town, mellow, laid back and cool.

Will definitely look at retirement options in the area.
  • Looking at houses, wife wants to maybe move to the lake. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Enjoying the beautiful fall morning here in NC.  Hope y'all have a great one.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • TTC
    @Spaightlabs thanks for posting the trip report. Telluride is one of those places I wish I had started visiting long ago, love it when others enjoy it. 

If you go during ski season stay at The Inn at Lost Creek. The breakfast is incredible and included in room rate, and their ski valets are superb. 

Rent gear from Christy's, its in the basement of the hotel building and they deliver your gear to the valet. 

In the morning you walk 30 feet outside, clip into your skis, and slide downhill to the lift. When you want a break you carry enough speed at the bottom and cruise right up to the door of the Inn. 

My wife told me (not kidding) that I could never take her skiing anywhere else. 

Ikon pass 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Costco....Moon Cheese was $3 off @YukonRon

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    TTC said:

Is that zinc on the top of your table?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • TTC
    CPFC1905 said:
    TTC said:

very dirty stainless steel

Ikon pass 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Enjoying watching Meechigan shat the bed. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Enjoying watching Meechigan shat the bed. 
    They are bad.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    TTC said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    TTC said:

very dirty stainless steel
    Ha.  OK I have a kitchen bench that looks very similar with zinc on top.  Am now tempted to cut an Egg width whole through it!
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    Looking at houses, wife wants to maybe move to the lake. 
    Smart wife. Only way I’m leaving the lake is in a hearse. 
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Charlotte area folks need to check out Nobel Smoke on Freedom Dr, really good BBQ

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    DuckDogDr said:
    Daydreaming about the first cool frosty morning sunrise with a coffee cup in hand and a flannel shirt , watching my wood ducks feed 
    Getting close here, but not quite frosty yet. Had a beautiful morning last week, cold and sunny with a layer of mist hanging over the fields. Love autumn.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    NCSmoky said:
    Charlotte area folks need to check out Nobel Smoke on Freedom Dr, really good BBQ

Name the time.....actually need to plan a trip up in near future.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    ColtsFan said:
    Costco....Moon Cheese was $3 off @YukonRon

Do not let My Beautiful Wife see these!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Recovering 

That game was much closer than I thought it would be. I figured in the second half Georgia would run away with it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    DuckDogDr said:
    Daydreaming about the first cool frosty morning 
    I have been dreaming about the very same for 55 years. Unfortunately where I live it is only a dream. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.