Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Going to cook this tonight. Will be my first. Think I’m going to just go hot and fast. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Chicken breasts in Ruhlmans brine. 
  • Those ribs look perfect. Details? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Those ribs look perfect. Details? 
    Thanks man! 
    I rubbed these with Malcolm’s AP then Kosmo dirty bird hot and regular. Let the sweat while getting fire ready. 
     They were 225 for about 1 hour then up to 275 for about another or until there was some pull back on a few bones. Then double wrap with brown sugar, parkay, Kosmo apple habanero and tiger sauce. Maybe 1.25 in wrap. Opened and probed with ThermoPen @205 degrees. Opened up foil and flipped ribs and applied some sweet heat sauce for 15-20 just to warm and set the sauce. Rest 20-30 minutes.
       I can’t lie, magic! Smithfield stl cut from Wally World. I’m really bad at documenting the times. Maybe 3.5 hours total. 

Thanks again. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Going to cook this tonight. Will be my first. Think I’m going to just go hot and fast. 
    Most important. Cut like this 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @pgprescott Incredible color right there.  Reads like too much effort for an old guy but you definitely nailed 'em.  Congrats.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    lousubcap said:
    @pgprescott Incredible color right there.  Reads like too much effort for an old guy but you definitely nailed 'em.  Congrats.

Yeah I hear you but I’ve become hooked on this wrapping business. Nobody lazier than me but I’m hooked. Thank you sir. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Spent the weekend boxing up everything in the kitchen and starting a little bit of demo myself.  Remodel starts Wednesday.  Lots of Eggin' and dining out for the next month.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Speaking  of the  kitchen remodel, any advice for under cabinet lighting?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

This definitely earns the Guy Gronquist and Cesar Hernandez Double Salute my friend. Outstanding job 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    SGH said:

This definitely earns the Guy Gronquist and Cesar Hernandez Double Salute my friend. Outstanding job 👍

Thanks and gracias! 
  • Just made a quesadilla with that leftover smoked chicken from earlier 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Prepping my eggs for a move and found this (not to bad since it made it at least 8 years). Still plenty of life to, but I guess I should find a local dealer now.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • pgprescott
    Prepping my eggs for a move and found this (not to bad since it made it at least 8 years). Still plenty of life to, but I guess I should find a local dealer now.

Local move or long distance?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2019
    YEMTrey said:
    I am probably the exception here but I didn’t attach mine to a switch. This allows me to turn on and off at each under counter light. I have a low or high setting to choose from. It’s a bit more of an effort to turn them on and off but I like the ability to only turn the ones on I want instead of (switching) all on or off approach. Point is....make a conscious decision that meets your life style and preference. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    YEMTrey said:
    We actually went with these.  https://www.snappower.com/  I have several outlets on the wall so these light up at night well.  I also have a "long" hallway upstairs I put a few in.  Really helps at night.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Meal from last night: steak kabobs and bud light haha. Don’t judge I had just got done cutting grass!

LBGE
    AL
  • smokingal said:
    Well, some woodland creature or the wind (or person) knocked over my clay chiminea's top half, causing the whole thing to topple and crash through my deck's railing, causing damage to that as well.  So I spent a good bit of time this morning cleaning up.  Then something began biting (or stinging) the living bejesus out of my left bicep repeatedly.  Looked fairly tiny for the brief second I saw it prior to squashing, but I'm still in pain.  Last time I felt a jolt like that was when I got careless when returning my stun gun to it's holster.  And I'm cooking beef ribs.  Forgot to mention that.

#lovehaterelationshipwithnature
    #todayissucking
    #atleasttheresbbq
    Sorry to hear abt you chiminea and bug bite(s). I hope the ribs were good enough to help make up for the pain!
  • Ozzie_Isaac

It is a local move.  I have tried a few dealers in Southern AZ, but haven't found any I like.  I miss Lindy's in Washington and Nena's in Germantown.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • pgprescott

It is a local move.  I have tried a few dealers in Southern AZ, but haven't found any I like.  I miss Lindy's in Washington and Nena's in Germantown.
    Have to send your dad out driving around to find you both a good one. Prolly a bunch of pool guys that stick some eggs in the corner. Good luck.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2019

Have to send your dad out driving around to find you both a good one. Prolly a bunch of pool guys that stick some eggs in the corner. Good luck.
    Nailed it.  Honestly, the pool guys are better than the "High End" patio guys.  They all know nothing about the product and just sell it because it is expensive.  They usually have a number of other high end grills too.  Just use the grills to complete their patio image.

I asked one about a warranty and they told me they had no warranty on Eggs.  What would break they asked me!!
  • pgprescott

Nailed it.  Honestly, the pool guys are better than the "High End" patio guys.  They all know nothing about the product and just sell it because it is expensive.  They usually have a number of other high end grills too.  Just use the grills to complete their patio image.

I asked one about a warranty and they told me they had no warranty on Eggs.  What would break they asked me!!
    Yeah, it's too bad. It's a real tragedy when guys like that poach sales from good dealers. The customers are rarely as knowledgeable as guys around here. They don't know the difference unfortunately.  
  • Lit said:
    SGH said:
    @Lit
    Brother I just saw that about your wife’s accident. I certainly wish her the very best.  
    Thanks man. Just spoke to the doctor and everything went great. It’s gonna be several months of recovery and physical therapy but everything should go back to normal. 
    That's fantastic news... 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Stopped by Costco this morning to find out the KJ roadshow was there. Didn't pull the trigger, I was afraid of my wife. They are there until Sunday, so I still have time to make bad decisions. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2019
    I have some opened ghee in the cabinet dated 6/18...doez it go bad and would you use it? I'm leaning towards using it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    WeberWho said:
    Unfortunately we have a neighbor that is moving. One of one's you wished wasn't. He has been insistent that we take his stuff he can't take with him to his condo. I've mentioned he needs to try selling it first but is insistent that we sell whatever we don't want. I've received leaf blowers, bench grinder, dremel tool, multiple angle ladder, tin garage signs (He gave me a route 66 road sign that feels like it could be a real sign. Heavy and I flipped it over and sold at one point for $60) and now a box of tools. I feel guilty as I know he can get good money for them but has no interest in trying to sell it. The ladder alone is probably over a Benjamin and like new condition. I owe him a nice dinner to say the least and have offered to help him move in any way possible. Still not enough though. 

I ended up with this tool in the box of tools he brought over. I'm sure it's an obvious answer but not sure what it is on top of my head. A wrench for some type of gearing?

looks like a ratchet minus the guts
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Stopped by Costco this morning to find out the KJ roadshow was there. Didn't pull the trigger, I was afraid of my wife. They are there until Sunday, so I still have time to make bad decisions. 
    @Battleborn As you well know, easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.  Go forth and do great things. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.