Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

East Bay CA

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

ah, the ferry building in San Francisco. Where vintage street cars, child virtuosos, and homeless street sh!tters all seamlessly blend into this little dance we call life. Epic people watching mixed with a touch of mortal danger. My kind of place.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    What did you think of the Oysters Nola?  Last fall when the wife and I went to Nappa we went to the Hog Island restaurant near the farm north of SF.  It was an awesome place and best oysters I've ever eaten.

Hog Island are some of my favorite oysters too. I love West Coast oysters (gulf oysters are too big for my tastes)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    San Fran doesn’t quite look like the junkie-infested hellscape some people here have described it as.  Funny how that goes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    San Fran doesn’t quite look like the junkie-infested hellscape some people here have described it as.  Funny how that goes.
    I'm there twice a year,it has its areas but they most certainly keep the areas clean that generate revenue -- market form Powell to Castro is pretty sketchy...but I still walk through there for entertainment 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Looks like y'all had a good time/trip. I'm glad to see that the old gentleman in most of the pics kept his bacon panties on.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    nolas not looking so good

and john...what happened =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

@fishlessman, this was in The Times today. As the site's biggest user of the smiley emoji, I thought that you would appreciate the content of the article.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Eoin said:

@fishlessman, this was in The Times today. As the site's biggest user of the smiley emoji, I thought that you would appreciate the content of the article.

Seems like a solid use of research dollars. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Perhaps you were not in the right area.

Haight / Ashbury District.........Birthplace of the 1960s counterculture movement, Haight-Ashbury draws a lively, diverse crowd looking to soak up the historic hippie vibe. Upper Haight Street is a hodgepodge of vintage clothing boutiques, record shops, bookstores, dive bars and casual, eclectic restaurants. Bordering Golden Gate Park, the neighborhood features many colorful, well-preserved Victorian homes, including the storied Grateful Dead House. Head over to Golden Gate Park....you will prolly find a few.

I actually love SF and the Bay area towns. Great times have been frequented out there. My favorite restaurant is a dive of sorts.....House of Nan King

1. houseofnanking.net
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Way to represent our little nook of the country.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:

Seems like a solid use of research dollars. 
    The study was funded by Match.com, so... it probably was, for them at least.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I liked the Hog Island oysters.   Definitely more delicate than gulf.  Thinner shells.  They are all good, IMHO.  Just different. 
    Options
    last night from Bridget
    Options
    There are a lot of comments made about CA in general that I get a chuckle out of.  The weather comments are some of the best, an article gets written about a storm in CA and cue the “Californians are so weak about weather” ramblings.  I was the one in shorts and flip flops on the T in Boston when there would be natives dressed as if the biggest blizzard of the year was approaching, scarves on and all.  We also all live in towns overrun by illegals and bums sleep on our doorsteps because our politicians invited them to do so.   

Anyways, looks like a good time up there.. good for you all!  I’m jealous from the pictures.   
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Would it fall in the "leper colony" category?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
    #airportelitist 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
    #airportelitist 
    If it’s elitist to expect power outlets to provide power then ... guilty as charged.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
    Perhaps one day you can roll like @DMW and fly private with Miss Swift. 
    That whole story really does seem too good to be true.  To this day I still can’t quite believe she knows how to fly a helicopter.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
    That whole story really does seem too good to be true.  To this day I still can’t quite believe she knows how to fly a helicopter.
    John, it was on her jet, she has a pilot.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
    John, it was on her jet, she has a pilot.
    My mistake!  It all seems so believable now!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe the airport.
    #airportelitist 
    If it’s elitist to expect power outlets to provide power then ... guilty as charged.
    #ivorytowerofacademia 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @DMW did you document this event on here?  If not can you please inform the rest of us...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @DMW did you document this event on here?  If not can you please inform the rest of us...
    I did, here you go. 
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1214835/the-quest-for-the-perfect-banh-mi-poboy-sat-july-28th/p1

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Motley Crue
    h
    Larry and his wife Linda stopped in. Never met a more generous man. Looking forward to seeing them again. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    henapple said:
    lkapigian said:
    Motley Crue
    h
    Larry and his wife Linda stopped in. Never met a more generous man. Looking forward to seeing them again. 
    Never met him irl, but can confirm Larry is one generous dude. One day...