Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

East Bay CA

henapplehenapple Posts: 16,007
Probably a little late but this weekend is our yearly bash. Bocce, cornhole, tons of food, pool, spa, etc....if you're close please stop in. Pm me. Carey and John will be cooking. I'll be drinking 🍻. 
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,252
    I’ll be nowhere close to CA but wanted to say hello. How the hell are you?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGHSGH Posts: 26,480
    Uncle Apple I will be flying out of Tampico this weekend. I may can swing in for a day. What major airport are you next to? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 5,179
    Sounds like its going to be a great time, post pics as it unfolds.. All have fun.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,826
    Who’s in charge of on site child care? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 5,528
    SGH said:
    Uncle Apple I will be flying out of Tampico this weekend. I may can swing in for a day. What major airport are you next to? 
    @SGH Oakland International is right there SF not much further 
    Visalia, Ca
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 16,007
    SGH said:
    Uncle Apple I will be flying out of Tampico this weekend. I may can swing in for a day. What major airport are you next to? Oakland. Please try

• henapplehenapple Posts: 16,007
    shtgunal3 said:
    I’ll be nowhere close to CA but wanted to say hello. How the hell are you?

Pretty good. You? 

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 20,228
    @henapple There's way more discretionary $$ floating around here than I can comprehend.  Hiring @nolaegghead and @JohnInCarolina to fly in for the domestic duties speaks volumes.  Hopefully flying commercial  B)
    Regardless, I'm sure it will be quite a great time and with great groceries now that Rockwood has decided to play the prop 65 compliance labeling game or are you still managing your Ozark Oak inventory??  FWIW-
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 15,179
    lousubcap said:
    @henapple There's way more discretionary $$ floating around here than I can comprehend.  Hiring @nolaegghead and @JohnInCarolina to fly in for the domestic duties speaks volumes.  Hopefully flying commercial  B)
    Regardless, I'm sure it will be quite a great time and with great groceries now that Rockwood has decided to play the prop 65 compliance labeling game or are you still managing your Ozark Oak inventory??  FWIW-
    I’m actually in town for work with Livermore.  Just worked out for me to stick around for the party.  I’m glad it did.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 20,228
    @JohnInCarolina ; - I figured you were in the area for work with the big toys but just had to get that out there before heading into LEO.  Let us know what brand of charcoal (if even lump) you can find out there these days.  B)
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    I will be the Newbie an looking forward to it ....
    Visalia, Ca
  • SGHSGH Posts: 26,480
    henapple said:
    SGH said:
    Uncle Apple I will be flying out of Tampico this weekend. I may can swing in for a day. What major airport are you next to? Oakland. Please try

I certainly will Unc 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 9,145
    Is there a petting zoo?  Asking for a friend...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,660
    edited August 19
    I wish I had seen this earlier. I was up dropping my daughter off at UC Santa Cruz last week. Much closer to you than Orange County. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,323

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,660
    OK where are you guys location in the pictures 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 15,179
    td66snrf said:
    OK where are you guys location in the pictures 
    Mt. Diablo state park, CA.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 799
    Great photos...Mt Diablo?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
    Had a great time @henapple was a gracious host @JohnInCarolina cranked out some great food and @nolaegghead was everything I expected and did not disappoint  =)  wished I had planned a couple of days 

Thanks again @henapple @nolaegghead @JohnInCarolina  
    Visalia, Ca

edited August 20
    Made it to SF, awesome looks like Boudin Bakery
    Visalia, Ca
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 4,690
    What did you think of the Oysters Nola?  Last fall when the wife and I went to Nappa we went to the Hog Island restaurant near the farm north of SF.  It was an awesome place and best oysters I've ever eaten.

Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,924
    What did you think of the Oysters Nola?  Last fall when the wife and I went to Nappa we went to the Hog Island restaurant near the farm north of SF.  It was an awesome place and best oysters I've ever eaten.

I've been there - very cool place, and the oysters were delicious.  I like that you could buy them by the sack and just roast them at your table.

The hog island oysters are quite a bit different than our native gulf oysters.  Since they are farmed, they tend to be quite uniform in size and flavor, whereas our oysters go through more pronounced changes with the seasons and water quality/temperature.

I like them both!
    NOLA