Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    johnnyp said:
    1/2” ribeyes
    Pics
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited August 2019
    I've been to Sherwin Williams twice today thinking I picked out the new exterior paint for the house. I'm officially 0 for 2. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. I'm just glad I didn't drop $800 on paint the first color we went with. Picking out a color harder than I thought it was going to be. All the hard work prepping and priming the house and now I can't find the right color.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    I always start with the maximum 3 hardware trip planning for any heavy-duty household project.  If I am still hosing it up after 3 then time to declare victory and get someone who knows what they are doing.  FWIW-
    Good luck-what could go wrong   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited August 2019
    lkapigian said:
    johnnyp said:
    1/2” ribeyes
    Pics
    They were sliced on the cutting board.  Nothing fancy. Managers special at Harris Teeter. Seared for about 1.5 mins per side. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited August 2019
    johnnyp said:
    lkapigian said:
    johnnyp said:
    1/2” ribeyes
    Pics
    They were sliced on the cutting board.  Nothing fancy. Managers special at Harris Teeter. Seared for about 1.5 mins per side. 

Beauty !! Asada ..i know there was a less than supporting thread some time back but thin steaks are bitching
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited August 2019
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Dinner. Not a lot of variety  😂 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Great cross-section right there @pgprescott .  I would take that lack of variety any time, any day.  Friggin nailed it.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Busted out the fine dinnerware tonight. Salmon, rosemary sweet potatoes and a little caprese salad. It did not suck.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Damn @kl8ton that looks delicious! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @kl8ton That’s killer. Headed to that post now...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Sea2Ski said:
    Thanks!  My wife really deserves most of the credit as far as effort goes.  She did everything else on that plate.  :-) 

How did flounder fishing to @Sea2Ski ?

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Sea2Ski said:
    kl8ton said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Thanks!  My wife really deserves most of the credit as far as effort goes.  She did everything else on that plate.  :-) 

How did flounder fishing to @Sea2Ski ?

Everything is a team effort

Lots of throwbacks but we caught a few larger keepers. This one was the winner 25” and 4.47 lbs. 
    picture does not do it justice, but the scale does not lie. 

That is awesome!  Never fished for them before.  I am not sure I have ever seen one before!  How do you catch them.  Trolling?  Drifting?  Bottom?  Looks like they have some power to them.  I bet they can put up a good fight. . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited August 2019
    Sea2Ski said:
    Lots of throwbacks but we caught a few larger keepers. This one was the winner 25” and 4.47 lbs. 
    picture does not do it justice, but the scale does not lie. 

"I think we need a bigger boat frying pan!"  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just applied for a new position on usajobs, here's to hoping! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    There's a big steam rally at Lincoln every August, so me and Dom went down to have a look at all of the old stuff. These are just a few of the steam engines - one stationary, one road roller and one traction engine - selected because they were made by a company called Marshall that was based in our town of Gainsborough.

Aw man, that really brings back memories!  There was a town in South Dakota that held a "Threshing Bee" every fall, and had all kinds of these old machines, running, and demo-ing all the old processes.  My Dad brought me and his Dad to it one year, and I've never seen Grandpa looking like a little kid like that, he really enjoyed it.  They had blacksmithing, sawyering and horse-shoeing demonstrations, too.  
    By the end of the day we were hot, sweaty, smelled of coal fumes and had wheat chaff stuck in our clothing, great fun.  
    @Botch not sure how many years this type of event has got left now. The steam engines are VERY exppensive now and the old boys who do these shows are mostly guys who bought when nobody else was interested and put hundreds or thousands of hours into restoration and upkeep. Unless you live nearby, you need a full size truck and flatbed for the weekend just to attend the show. When they pass on, a lot of this stuff will end up static in museums with the occasional firing.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Crap.  Another Monday.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:
    Crap.  Another Monday.  
    Another hot f’n Monday down south. 
    I feel your pain.  We have been onver 100 all last week.  Yesterday we broke a record with 106.  Today is 103.  But hey Wednesday is only supposed to be 98.  So we have that to look forward too.  #wheniswinteragain
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Digging holes with my dad, setting some posts 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    kl8ton said

That is awesome!  Never fished for them before.  I am not sure I have ever seen one before!  How do you catch them.  Trolling?  Drifting?  Bottom?  Looks like they have some power to them.  I bet they can put up a good fight. . . 
    @kl8ton. They are fluke flounder. Like all flounder, they are on the bottom. They eat just about everything. Many use squid strips and small minnows. I like using larger baitfish around 4” or so or jigs. They fight a bit but are fun to catch.  The bite is the best part because the bite in a specific way. Delicious delicate white meat, but if you overcook, it dries out really fast.  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Sea2Ski said:
    Was out fishing and we saw something forming on the horizon.  Packed up and headed to dock.  We get back and tied up just in time. 

That’s a nasty looking storm, Mark. 
  • whoa @Sea2Ski that is ominous
    South of Columbus, Ohio.