Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Possible apocalyptic event unfolding, need advice...quick

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
Not yet in the attic with a few bottles of warm water, a long fading buzz, a chain saw that won't start, and a pocket knife from woot! that probably just about paid for itself.  

Probably not, definitely not, a chance greater than a 0.001 percent.  But people are skeerd. (here)  And when people are skeerd, suddenly it will turn into Florida.  Or something, no offense to FL, they just have lots of people and a legal mandate to make public any police action.  (note to people:  hyperbole)

I digress.  Please, in context of your household, list the preparedness you have currently and the supplies and provisions you would need/like to survive an upcoming apocalytic event.  I find this exercise can be good for team building and soul exposure.

Do you have a generator or 5?  Caloric intake graphed over time:  when do you die of starvation or start looting?  Booze: how long will you last?  Water is down: what vegetation can you "rambo" into drinking water with a vice grip?  Personal hygiene: where do you/what do you do when there's an impending fiber induced deuce?   Neighbor's yard?  (better than your yard (i would say yes))

When does the greater good turn into personal survival that's antithetical to others?

This is just a forum denizen exercise designed as a personality test, no relationship in any way to my current situation. 

Comments