Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who is your best friend

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited June 2019 in EggHead Forum
when I was young I use to think my friend Mike and I would be together forever.  But as we grew older and I married and he moved to many different states I realized that would never be the case.  

As it turns out I married my best friend, she has been by my side during the years like this one where we have zero money. She has been by my side in the years i made hundreds of thousands of dollars.  She has never once cared about the cars I’ve boughten her or the size of the home she’s had.  

She has been with me during the good times and the bad.   She has gone from laying her head on my chest every night while I stroke her head to fall asleep to being my caregiver and advocate.  She has changed my bloody dressing at all hours of the night and day, she has cleaned my wounds and helped bath me when I’m unable.  

Gentleman, I tell you there is no truer saying in this entire world than that of Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.   

My wife is the one person in my entire life who has been here for me through thick and thin the highs and the lows.  She has never once asked me for anything other than to love  and care for her.  She has provided me with the most  precious gift on earth, a daughter named Norah Grace.  

While I’m not the best father in the world I do all that I can for her.  I want her to know that she is loved and that no matter the outcome of the things of this world her family loves and cares for her.  

my fellow EggHeads I encourage you to make the most of today with your families, for we know not what tomorrow brings.  Hug your wives tightly, tell your kids you love and care for them even if it embarrasses them a little.  One day you may no longer get the opportunity to hold them they way you once did. The little things in this life we take for granted are often what we end up missing most.   

I know this this is a website  about cooking and I may be coming off a sad and dramatic so here  is a food picture to satisfy the need to show something good from my life. My first ever BGE chicken.  You can tell it’s my first bc it’s still white on the inside and I had the legs facing the front.  Didn’t realize the back right corner was my hotspot yet.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Really inspiring words, couldn’t have said it better. It’s truly special when you marry your best friend - the wedding vows are truly meaningful then “...in good times and bad...in sickness and in health...all the days of our lives.”  Really happy that you have such an amazing family  :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Coming up on 38 years of hanging with my lady (dating and marriage combined). Most days. She is my bestest friend....unfortunately she ask for a lot more than yours. Prolly deserves it cause I ain’t the easiest to live with. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ryantt
    Options
    @northGAcock my with has tolerated me since age 16, I will soon be 38 and she will be 29 once again lol. 

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    My right hand.  Always treats me right.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Most recoil in shock, with a major "WTF" moment, when they meet My Beautiful Wife, simply due to the incredibly horrendous life choice made by her, to marry me.

It takes them a while to gather themselves before they inquire "What the fučk were you thinking?", in an outright, totally shocked and amazed stupor.

I know how they feel. I go through the same disbelief every morning I wake up next to her. 

I only hope that I may continue to enjoy my good fortune on our journey, the rest of our lives.

To this day, I remain undefeated and unchallenged, as the luckiest man on earth, simy due to My Beautiful Wife.
    This is the truth. I performed an incognito eye test on her the first time I met them. 
  • Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    edited June 2019
    Options

Ryantt, you are absolutely spot on with your words. Next to my Lord, my wife is the greatest blessing in my life!  I tell people all the time that it had to be a moment of weakness and poor judgement that she chose to say yes to me, but I'm sure glad she did!

LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone. Wow. Had me choked up there 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone. Wow. Had me choked up there 
    couldn't agree more
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • oldmandawg
    oldmandawg Posts: 83
    Options
    God, Family and Country!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    @DoubleEgger, +1 in the appreciation dept. I truly didn't get the "best friend"
    thing till I met my wife. It's amazing how much better life is.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
    Options
    Inspiring words.  Very thankful to have a great wife who has tolerated me for almost 20 years.
  • Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    Options
    God, Family and Country!
    Amen!
    LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    In retrospect, it was my Dad. RIP Pop.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I’ve paid more than my fair share of dues in sh!tty relationship club. I’m thankful that I’m being paid back tenfold now. All of the prior hoopla makes you appreciate it even more. 

That is an awesome pic brother Double👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    SGH said:
    I’ve paid more than my fair share of dues in sh!tty relationship club. I’m thankful that I’m being paid back tenfold now. All of the prior hoopla makes you appreciate it even more. 

That is an awesome pic brother Double👍
    Thanks. Alberta is as good as it gets. 
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    I too married my best friend, Teresa has been by my side in boom or bust.
    She is willing to help me with anything and has amazing common sense and mechanical aptitude. She never complained when I left corporate America and a six figure income. I lost our butt in a business venture and since it failed she has stayed true to me. I also out punted my coverage, as my best man asked, Mark I know why you are marrying Teresa, but what is she getting out of the deal ?
    We are truly blessed men who get to marry our best friend.
    FF, I am sorry for you loss of your mother and first wife.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Life’s challenges make us aware of what’s truly important in our lives. @ryantt I am so sorry for the struggle you are going through. But I am happy that you have strength and love from people close to you. Peace be with you brother. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Glad you figured out your friend. Different situation will bring out different things in everybody.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
    When I introduced my future wife to a older friend (late 60s).  He asked her “are you blind?” Literally the first words out of his mouth! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ryantt
    Options
    Glad you figured out your friend. Different situation will bring out different things in everybody.  
    I’ve known my wife has been my best friend for a long time bc she’s the only one who truly understands me.  She loves me unconditionally.