Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 course THROWDOWN for Father's Day

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
edited June 2019 in EggHead Forum
Provide only 1 picture per course. 

1. Appetizer
  2. Main Course
  3. Desert

Your choice on what to cook... Must use smoker for all, or part of each featured dish.  Bonus points for creative use of smoke in recipes.

Most likes WINS!!   (will create a thread by Monday morning (6/17/19) to post your entries and will close entries by Tuesday Night.

Any cooks from tonight till Monday night qualify for entry.  No old stuff Craig
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    If you boil water on the Egg for one of the courses, does that count?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Can you boil water on the Egg?
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Can you boil water on the Egg?
    I'm not sure. If you do, make sure you post profusely on facebook about it.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    We will be taking my parents out to eat, probably at Red Lobster since they are fond of it. I am making a pork loin presently for general eating and to leave with them. Using that 2 pound bag of championship rub from the 2018 exchange and Big Mikes BBQ Smokehouse, the Sweet Heat sauce(Houma Louisiana). Should go over well.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    No pics so it didn't happen and it doesn't play anyhow but I just finished up 35 lbs (pre-cook weight) pork butt on my baby stick burner.  Definitely too low on the scale for what will be posted here. 
    But looking forward to the creative cooks that will be entered. 
    Hopefully I will learn how to cold smoke ice cream.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I thought @JRWhitee had to host the next Throwdown.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Another coat of sauce?
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Too early to crown a winner?
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I have a 30 day dry aged Wagyu ribeye to answer this challenge...

• Thatgrimguy
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm going to try and come at it with lots of local character.  We shall see how it goes!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    No pics so it didn't happen and it doesn't play anyhow but I just finished up 35 lbs (pre-cook weight) pork butt on my baby stick burner.  Definitely too low on the scale for what will be posted here. 
    But looking forward to the creative cooks that will be entered. 
    Hopefully I will learn how to cold smoke ice cream.  =)
    How about a picture of that stick burner?! If you’ve posted it before, I don’t think I’ve seen it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I thought @JRWhitee had to host the next Throwdown.  

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

The Nature Boy always deserves a bump!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    You could win @lkapigian, I don’t have time to make a desert, or enough sand.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    And @SciAggie comes out swinging!   Nice cook sir 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I’m gonna get in this. Even though @SciAggie just hammered me into submission. 

Little Rock, AR

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Glad @SciAggie dropped his entry.  Not that I was gonna play but no need after that post.
    BTW-great cook right there @SciAggie. Plated pic is quite colorful and you nailed the steak. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Glad @SciAggie dropped his entry.  Not that I was gonna play but no need after that post.
    BTW-great cook right there @SciAggie. Plated pic is quite colorful and you nailed the steak. 
    Thanks for the kind words. That steak was something special - I’m going to have to start aging my own beef. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I’m cooking down some gumbo made with chicken and sausage off the smoker. 

Im making a cobbler in my egg

I tried making chargrilled oysters on the egg but they are just so much better under the broiler on the Bluestar
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Good by my standards. 
    By my standards it looks down right awesome👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    I may have violated the rules by liking more than one, but damn, lots of great-looking stuff. Great work everyone!
    Stillwater, MN