Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 course THROWDOWN for Father's Day

Options
2»

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    bump!! We need more entries.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    @SciAggie amazing cook has probably stopped all future entries.  I voted for him, but will share my cooks from yesterday!

Tequilla Glazed Thighs and Wings for an appetizer: 

Marinated Tri-tip for the main course:

Pan seared asparagus for desert!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @smbishop Thanks, but any any entry that starts with wings like yours is a strong contender...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Baked at 500 high in the dome

I tried these on the egg but couldn’t get enough top heat. Ended up doing these inside.

And i I didn’t get a picture of the gumbo! Not really sure how I screwed that up....

And for desert.... we made an amazing blueberry cobbler that I was too drunk to remember to photograph (quite like the gumbo)

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Congratulations to @SciAggie what an incredible looking meal you guys had and everyone agreed!!!! 24 likes

I'm going to PM you for your address so I can send you something for winning!!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    Still thinking I had the best Desert  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Congratulations to @SciAggie what an incredible looking meal you guys had and everyone agreed!!!! 24 likes

I'm going to PM you for your address so I can send you something for winning!!
    And that means he is automatically ineligible for the next one?  Right?   =)

Little Rock, AR