Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have been offshore for a week and haven’t been able to order a single pair of overalls or a fine shaving soap. Think I’m gonna go home. This sucks. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have been offshore for a week and haven’t been able to order a single pair of overalls or a fine shaving soap. Think I’m gonna go home. This sucks. 
    You also missed a great crawfish boil.
    Options
    one t-ball sized baseball glove and a few balls for the 4 year old. Organized sports here we come 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    That’s my go to @ColtsFan. Excellent stuff. 
    I was just introduced to it a couple of weeks ago. I took one of my larges to my future BIL to test drive and he says "Hey, I got this sausage from Alabama my brother gave me". I gave him an egg crash course and had some kick butt sausage!

Great stuff! 
    My family is from LA (Lower Alabama). I’ve been eating it my whole life. Reminds me of my grandma. 
    You ever make it down to Patak in Austell? Best place I have found locally for some good sausages. http://www.patakmeats.com/Welcome.html
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Just bought 3 raspberry bush starters.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just bought a barrel blank for my coyote rifle build
     Should be getting shipped out first of next week

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just bought a barrel blank for my coyote rifle build
     Should be getting shipped out first of next week

What do the stamps mean?
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @Eoin....I don't know all of them honestly..
    The SS is for stainless steel
    1-8 is how fast it spins the bullet
    264 is the diameter of the bullet
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    256 is likely the alloy number.
    Options
    57 .... OD in mm?
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Eoin....I don't know all of them honestly..
    The SS is for stainless steel
    1-8 is how fast it spins the bullet
    264 is the diameter of the bullet
    264 groove diameter. 256 lands diameter??
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,473
    Options
    Buying some college tuition for the Toyota technicians' kids today.  My 5,000-mile oil change also coincided with a 60K longterm scheduled maintenance, Yeowch!   :o

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I ordered some powered speakers last night, they were half price on the "stupid deal of the day" on musician's freend.  I figure I can throw the quick party and just move these and leave the 60 pound power amp and cases of mixer and cables in storage.

Options
    Had some Amazon money burning a hole in my pocket.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • BrisketBob
    BrisketBob Posts: 145
    Options
    I bought one of those Bison burners to light my charcoal. Damn I don’t know how I lived without it.
  • SGH
    Options
    Just ordered a few pair of American made Roundhouse overalls. Thinking about ordering a little shaving soap as well. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Just ordered a few tubs of shaving soap. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - how do you go through so much shaving soap, brother?

Image result for man covered in shaving cream meme

Image result for man covered in shaving cream meme

edited March 2019
    Options
    I shave early and often my friend. As is proper. 

Status- Standing by.

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    SGH said:
    Shave everything??? I shave my head but also have a beard. Still, I probably shave more than people just shaving their face. If I shave every day (new job or hot date) then I use the electric. If I can go a few days between I use the wet razor and cream. I could never shave every day with the wet razor. Even a fresh blade would give me razor burn. I don't have the issue with the electric (Braun series 7) if I do it every day. I still like to use the wet razor at least once a week though.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • SGH
    Options
    1911Man said:
     Even a fresh blade would give me razor burn.
    This ^^^^^^ is not true my friend. Let me explain. I agree that if you are using cheap, disposable or junk razors you will get razor burn. However, if you are using a high end DE and quality blades, your face will ultimately “shave in”. This simply a fact and not conjecture. 
    I shave at a minimum in the morning and the evening. I’m not above sneaking in a midday shave most of the time. I have zero issues with razor burn. With that said, I do use a Muhle R41 and Feather blades. It takes about a week for your face to get accustomed to a shave this close. However, once you get there if you keep up your daily shaving routine you will have no problems. 
    On a separate note, I use a real shaving soap and brush. Not crap in a can. It makes all the difference in the world. 

Status- Standing by.

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @SGH Shaving's not that important to me. I don't meet with people (they suck) so I only shave, really, so that I don't get ingrown hair and such. Plus it's easier to just shave my head than deal with what little hair I have up there. I also have more to do in my life than shave twice a day.
    Besides, with the meds I'm on, I don't think it's worth risking shaving more often (blood thinners after the heart attack). The electric is safe for me and does it to the level I'm happy with. I actually like having a day or more hair since it gives more grip to hats I wear.
    I'm not using disposable blades. I get the refills from Harry's. I used to use stuff from Gillette, but with how stupid those prices were I couldn't justify it. Especially when the blades from Harry's last me a lot longer and cost significantly less.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I feel a shaving lecture coming.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    You mean over and above those that have already transpired?  ;)
  • SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    I can give a well versed lecture on shaving for sure =)

Status- Standing by.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    1911Man said:
    SGH said:
    Shave everything??? I shave my head but also have a beard. Still, I probably shave more than people just shaving their face. If I shave every day (new job or hot date) then I use the electric. If I can go a few days between I use the wet razor and cream. I could never shave every day with the wet razor. Even a fresh blade would give me razor burn. I don't have the issue with the electric (Braun series 7) if I do it every day. I still like to use the wet razor at least once a week though.
    In case it’s helpful, I’ll chime in to say that I wet shave my whole head every day; face every second day. I used a Headblade for many years, but transitioned to a double-edged safety razor (Rockwell 6S) last year and have been LOVING it. I skip the daily headhsave a maximum of maybe five days a year, so I’m confident in saying my head gets shaved a minimum of 360 times a year. To keep things efficient, I swap a new razor blade (Astras are my fave!) every second day. 

There are many techniques to keeping razor burn down. Firstly, DE safety razors irritate the skin very little. The 6S is smooth as butter!! Secondly, a layer of hair conditioner or oil (olive, for instance) ahead of your shaving cream will help minimize burn. Thirdly, all my shaves occur directly after a hot shower. 

Recently, in a pinch, I stole some of my pregnant wife’s Bio-Oil for use on the cranium ahead of the shaving cream. Worked amazingly. Will now be my go-to. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    1911Man said:
    SGH said:
    I have a Feather DE razor and use Feather blades for a quick, rash free shave in the shower.  The R41 with Feather blades can't be beaten for a close shave, but you actually have to pay attention when using it, or you get a bloodbath.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I use the Feather DEs.  Only other brand I tried is the factory Merkur blade that came with my 21C and it sucked in comparison.
    I use the Feather DEs.  Only other brand I tried is the factory Merkur blade that came with my 21C and it sucked in comparison.
    Broaden your horizons. I’ve only tried Astras, Derbys, Feathers and Rockwells and Feathers were my least favourite of the lot. I know people who swear by Feathers, but they were definitely not for me!