Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very nice work @lousubcap.  You earned last night's journey into LEO!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    edited March 2019
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Just voluntarily voted for a tax increase for the first time in my life.

What is the proposed increase for?
    Extending public rail line and bus lanes further into the suburbs. Greatly needed like 20 years ago. 
    I see the Gwinnett County MARTA/transpo tax increase referendum failed pretty decisively - 54%-46%.
    Better luck next time!
    All of the no votes were racially motivated. This area will always be behind the times for that sole reason. It’s a real shame. 
    I was doing some googlin at midnight to see what the referendum was all about and what the vote count was and came across this article:
    Sounded familiar to the experience of my area. A couple decades ago there was citizen interest in wanting to develop a light rail system along an existing railroad track to run from downtown Norfolk to the oceanfront of Va Beach.
    That nonbinding referendum rejected the idea and the main reason was the "resort area mafia" (the hotel owners) promoted the scare campaign of "the wrong kind of crowd" having easy access to the oceanfront from "certain neighborhoods" in Norfolk.
    Another nonbinding referendum was held about eight years ago shortly after Norfolk had finished their first section of light rail. This time the citizens of VaBeach overwhelmingly voted in favor of pursuing an extension of light rail down to the oceanfront.
    Yet another nonbinding referendum was held about three years ago and while this time the "resort area mafia" and a bunch of big developers that had purchased lots of property along the intended route were in favor of the extension the votes were against extending the light rail system.
    This last time I don't think it was racism that was a driving concern among most voters but more the economics of the project - just too expensive and there was just no way that ridership would have reached the levels they were projecting (just as Norfolk's ridership projections proved overly optimistic).
    My guess is that we'll have another referendum to revive the light rail project in 5 or 10 years. Personally, I'd rather see that money go towards more buses and a BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) system than a fixed in place light rail project.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    It's Happiness Day, let's look on the bright side, at least we have our sparkling airport, amirite?

I haven't caught up on the news, what is the racial issue around the increased public transport to the burbs?
    Why I’m responding to a troll account I don’t know....

Folks in metro Atlanta have tried to keep Marta out of their area for as long as I can remember. They think that black people are going to ride Marta from south Atlanta up to the northern suburbs, rob them blind, and slip away on the train. Folks would rather sit in some of the nations worst traffic everyday while hanging on to the unfounded perception that blacks are going rob them mercilessly when the train comes. It’s ridiculous. 
    It's not like you live in Chicago or anything...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Made it to Houston, TX. 

Next stop Gulfport, MS. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    Made it to Houston, TX. 

Next stop Gulfport, MS. 
    Heard there is a fire at refinery there. Thought you would stay and help.  :o
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    SGH said:
    Made it to Houston, TX. 

Next stop Gulfport, MS. 
    Miss me some Whataburger. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    Options
    Heard there is a fire at refinery there. Thought you would stay and help.  :o
    Not today brother. I’m headed home as fast as I can👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Staring at the clock willing it to move faster.  Starting vacation tomorrow with a trip to Vegas for a bachelor party, followed by catching an early flight Sunday morning to Cancun to meet up with the family from Vegas.  I might just go into liver failure.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SGH said:
    Made it to Houston, TX. 

Next stop Gulfport, MS. 

I am disappointed @SGH that doesn't look like a double meat.  Only way to eat Whataburger.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Burnt ends day at my favorite BBQ lunch spot Brew and Que in Apex NC.
    Discovered Bacon jam. How did I not know of this delicacy?  Photo of Brew N Que - Apex NC United States Burnt ends pork BBQ and fried potato salad
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    Options

I am disappointed @SGH that doesn't look like a double meat.  Only way to eat Whataburger.
    I fully understand. The old 264 pound me would of ate 3 of the double meat ones. However, the new 185 pound version of me is trying to do better. But I certainly understand my friend. I use to feel exactly the same way. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Wife tells me her oil light is on and had been for a "few" days. Of course I get p!ssed. Go to change the oil this morning, luckily the light is for her wiper fluid. 
    And its still your fault...  ;)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SGH said:

I fully understand. The old 264 pound me would of ate 3 of the double meat ones. However, the new 185 pound version of me is trying to do better. But I certainly understand my friend. I use to feel exactly the same way. 
    I was only giving you grief.  I have been on a strict diet for about 2 months now.  Down almost 50lbs.  Have a ways to go.  So much more fun and easier putting it on than taking it off.  I can't tell you the last time I have had a whataburger and I have one down the street from me.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @ColtsFan Great price point and deal.  Better to be lucky than good any day!  Congrats.  Time to buy a lottery ticket. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    @ColtsFan, I went to Costco to pick up a pack of steaks for tonight and had a whole home security system in my cart up until checkout. Then that little voice inside my head told me to put it back or the trip to California tomorrow would not be so great. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me watching people in Sam's or Costco. I go to those places for a specific purpose and don't have a problem not spending any more money. Every time I go through the line with my 1 Prime Brisket and look around all I see is cart after cart full of stuff. Someone who went in to spend $15 for paper towels comes out spending $500 for toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, a new Dyson vacuum and a 5lb bag of pistachios (in the shell). I just don't get it....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Sam's club for batteries.. Saw this

So we got this 
    You hit the jackpot right there.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Legume said:
    It never ceases to amaze me watching people in Sam's or Costco. I go to those places for a specific purpose and don't have a problem not spending any more money. Every time I go through the line with my 1 Prime Brisket and look around all I see is cart after cart full of stuff. Someone who went in to spend $15 for paper towels comes out spending $500 for toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, a new Dyson vacuum and a 5lb bag of pistachios (in the shell). I just don't get it....
    You just sound smarter than everyone else, that’s your point, right?
    How do you tell the people who have a large list from the ones who don’t....and just buy a bunch? You know, even if I could tell through looking threw some special lens....I don’t think I would really give a $hit. No offense intended there @TEXASBGE2018
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    You just sound smarter than everyone else, that’s your point, right?
    Really? No not my point at all. I don’t give a crap how someone spends their own money. I’m just pointing out how it’s funny that so many people go into those places planning to spend $10 bucks and walk out spending a few hundred. These companies are geniuses and laughing all the way to the bank. Get a friggin life dude.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Yeah @Legume, get a life man! 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Options
    Sitting on my couch. It’s good to be home. I just can’t hardly take the being offshore like I use to. Getting old and soft I guess. 

Status- Standing by.

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    SGH said:
     Getting old and soft I guess. 
    Have you looked into the Roman app?  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yeah @Legume, get a life man! 

My answer was going to be no I don’t think I’m smarter than everyone my names not JohnInCarolina but that seemed too easy

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Sitting alone in a Dallas restaurant missing my wife and kids and checking out other forum member’s Falcon tumblers. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave