Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PK 360?

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
Anyone here use one? Going to check it out today really think this is going to be my next grill just checking what y’all think. 

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    It's on my list! I remember my dad cooking on one of the original PK Grills way back in the 60's when I was a youngster.
    Back when using lighter fluid was King!
    Flame on!! 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Most of the Steak comps guys has one along with Grill Grates.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2019
    Didn't @cazzy   get one a while back?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    I thought this was gonna be another gun thread...
    Arlington, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Years and years ago, I rented a house and found one in the backyard. On its side, half buried in dirt and leaves. Took it to a carwash and cleaned it up and used it for awhile. Great little grill. Part of me wishes that I had kept it, but it was there before I moved in, so I left it for the next renter.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Lots of love for them on the Brethren 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Didn't @cazzy   get one a while back?
    he did
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

The 360 was next on my list too. I've got some reservations after watching Harry Soo do a review.  Especially the last part of the vid, it was leaking smoke a lot.  He was reviewing the original, but the seal is made the same way.

Phoenix 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Keep watching Craigs List for a deal.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Photo Egg said:
    Keep watching Craigs List for a deal.
    I have been looking lately with no luck. Gonna keep watching not in a big hurry but I am going to check them out in person today they have them at Atlanta grill company. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Looks like the 360 would be perfect to take to the lake, but I just can’t drop $786 on another grill. The 22” Weber kettle will remain my lake grill for another summer!
  • Enlighten me on this one. I don't get it. For $800 you could get what seems to me like a lot better set up. This looks like my dads 1970's kingsford charcoal burning steak murderer and chicken burner. what's the allure?
  • blasting
    Enlighten me on this one. I don't get it. For $800 you could get what seems to me like a lot better set up. This looks like my dads 1970's kingsford charcoal burning steak murderer and chicken burner. what's the allure?

It is a pretty well thought out grill.  A much better portable option that say the MM (imo).  Not sure though if it's worth 600+ more than a kettle.

Hey, @Lit.  I know you're moving away from ceramics - have you thought about the Blaze?

Phoenix 
  • @blasting: The Blaze is dead sexy. My principal hesitations are: i) price, and ii) the potential for it to get rippin’ hot when in use - I have kids. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    @blasting: The Blaze is dead sexy. My principal hesitations are: i) price, and ii) the potential for it to get rippin’ hot when in use - I have kids. 
    The Blaze isn't going to be any hotter than the Weber Kettle which a gazillion families use.
    If I was starting from scratch and looking to get a kamado the Blaze would definitely be on the top of the list - never gonna crack, never gonna rust, never gonna crack, never need to replace a gasket, never have to deal with dome/base alignment, never gonna crack, built-in rotisserie, no daisy wheel shifting its setting when opening the dome, and finally, never gonna crack.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    I have the original PK grill. It's nothing special. I really regret buying it.  A Weber kettle is a better cooker.
    The 360 looks like it is a better design.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I have a yard full of Webers, son left four of them here when he moved a few months ago. I resurrected one, have a rotisserie ring for it and used some cotronics 1/8 gasket to keep the lid body seal tight. Works like a hot damn.

Could never see the allure of the PK, but then many can't see the allure of our almost cult loved eggs. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lit
    blasting said:
    Enlighten me on this one. I don't get it. For $800 you could get what seems to me like a lot better set up. This looks like my dads 1970's kingsford charcoal burning steak murderer and chicken burner. what's the allure?

It is a pretty well thought out grill.  A much better portable option that say the MM (imo).  Not sure though if it's worth 600+ more than a kettle.

Hey, @Lit.  I know you're moving away from ceramics - have you thought about the Blaze?

I don’t need another smoker I don’t think I’ll rver want anything besides the Summitt. I was just looking for another overpriced grill. It’s gonna be hard to sell for the wife I mentioned it tonight and it seemed like she pretended she didn’t hear me. I did go check it out today it looks like it would cook like a kettle but it has an extra inch or 2 between charcoal and cooking grate and the oblong shape is better for indirect. It disconnects from the base to make it portable with one knob so that’s cool and the shelves come off easily. It’s bigger than it looks in the pics and it’s more stable than it looks. I get my bonus next month so if I don’t find a used one by then I’m pretty sure I’m just gonna buy one. 
  • Lit
    HeavyG said:
    @blasting: The Blaze is dead sexy. My principal hesitations are: i) price, and ii) the potential for it to get rippin’ hot when in use - I have kids. 
    The Blaze isn't going to be any hotter than the Weber Kettle which a gazillion families use.
    If I was starting from scratch and looking to get a kamado the Blaze would definitely be on the top of the list - never gonna crack, never gonna rust, never gonna crack, never need to replace a gasket, never have to deal with dome/base alignment, never gonna crack, built-in rotisserie, no daisy wheel shifting its setting when opening the dome, and finally, never gonna crack.

At 350 stabilized I can hold my hand on the dome of the Summit for close to 10 seconds. And it won’t crack. Wasn’t the blaze the cast iron grill? If so it will warp and crack over 500 degrees unless it’s special cast iron. 
  • Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

At 350 stabilized I can hold my hand on the dome of the Summit for close to 10 seconds. And it won’t crack. Wasn’t the blaze the cast iron grill? If so it will warp and crack over 500 degrees unless it’s special cast iron. 
    It’s aluminum. I would do a summit over the blaze but it’s pretty cool looking. Especially in the as table. Pretty good deal at $2795 for the table and aluminum Kamado (assuming it’s an 18+” grid)
  • Its a 20” grid. Pretty nice setup. 

• HeavyG
    edited March 2019
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

The Blaze is the all aluminum, the Goldens' is the all cast iron.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

It’s aluminum. I would do a summit over the blaze but it’s pretty cool looking. Especially in the as table. Pretty good deal at $2795 for the table and aluminum Kamado (assuming it’s an 18+” grid)
    It’s cool if it’s aluminum. I was going from memory I thought that was the cast iron one. I would have gotten the PK today if it was say $599. $799 is high for what it is but that’s never stopped me. My Summit with table was $1600  they have the PK 360 on their website with $260 in extra for $799 right now but some of the extras are like a PK har etc. I’m gonna check on shipping costs on their website if it’s free and the free stuff I’m probably just gonna get it to see. 
  • Lit
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

So something cool about the summit you have felt level cooking and grate level just like the egg but you also have deep charcoal level like the egg but you can raise the charcoal level so it cooks like a kettle but with the grill grates it’s and indirect kettle. I used this setup the day I got the grill grates and have cooked almost everything this way since. The picanah I dropped the baskets back down and cooked raised on the skewers but this adds a whole new level you can’t do on an egg. About to throw a quarter cilantro like chicken on the grill grates now at 425.
  • HeavyG
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

So something cool about the summit you have felt level cooking and grate level just like the egg but you also have deep charcoal level like the egg but you can raise the charcoal level so it cooks like a kettle but with the grill grates it’s and indirect kettle. I used this setup the day I got the grill grates and have cooked almost everything this way since. The picanah I dropped the baskets back down and cooked raised on the skewers but this adds a whole new level you can’t do on an egg. About to throw a quarter cilantro like chicken on the grill grates now at 425.
    I do like that feature of the Summit. About the only thing I use my kettle for these days is chicken wings as the charcoal grate is just the right distance from the cooking grate - spread a full chimney of coals out and the heat is just right to have wings done in 20 minutes or so.
    The Blaze also has the ability to have the charcoal grate at different levels as the inner wall has "ledges" at a few different heights.

• dshaffes
    dshaffes Posts: 29
    I own a PK 360 and it is a fantastic grill.  It has bumped my many Weber kettles to the storage shed.  
  • blasting
    dshaffes said:
    I own a PK 360 and it is a fantastic grill.  It has bumped my many Weber kettles to the storage shed.  

Thanks for weighing in.  Can I ask you if you've experienced smoke leak?  The only thing that gives me pause is the Harry Soo vid I mentioned above about the bad seal.

Phoenix 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    HeavyG said:

It's like the Rick astley of grills. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited March 2019
    HeavyG said:

It's like the Rick astley of grills. 

Bravo sir.