Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    @pgprescott I'm a DOD employee
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Ribs off. Butt continues onward. 
    Dang... Fantastic color 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    @pgprescott I'm a DOD employee
    There you go. Makes sense. Enjoy your day off, not day off. Taking one for the team. Thanks for your dedication. Seriously. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Ribs off. Butt continues onward. 
    Dang... Fantastic color 
    Hickory and cherry. The cherry generally gives you a deeper mahogany color than some of the others. Thanks. Now I gotta go out and plow. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Watching the Bassmaster Elite tournament here on the local lake.  One thing that I’ve found is unique about fishing is that their field of play is not closed off to the public. A pro can go to a spot to fish and a regular joe is there.  I can’t think of any other sports that don’t have a restricted access field of play.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    "Sport" LOL.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Ribs and wing night on this crisp day. Done hauling water for the day. Time to relax. 

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fiber induced deuce.
    Options
    dirty rice and grilled chicken thighs.  simple quick and dirty.
    Options
    dirty rice and grilled chicken thighs.  simple quick and dirty.
    Not enough fiber.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited February 2019
    Options

For the cigar folks out there...
    Pretty cool video about an All American cigar coming out from a local Tampa cigar manufacturer.
    @hapster

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Just heard Chyna is getting inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just heard Chyna is getting inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
    I loved Attitude Era WWF. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I was digging and plundering around in the freezer and found a couple of forgotten gems. Got them thawing out for tomorrow. Jowls, testicles and a whole, cut up coon. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    On the page after the grill-fried chicken I posted yesterday, was a recipe for Pimento Mac-n-Cheese.  
    I just put it in the oven!  :triumph:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Just last night I was trying to remember the last time I had some good raccoon testicles...

Phoenix 
  • thetrim
    Options
    I used to eat Raccoon testicles like pistachios!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    blasting said:

Just last night I was trying to remember the last time I had some good raccoon testicles...

You do not eat coon testicles, they are far to strong and wangy. I thought everyone new that, but my bad for not being more clear. The testicles are from a hog. There are some testicles that should not be eaten. Coon testicles definitely falls into the do not eat category.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited February 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I used to eat Raccoon testicles like pistachios!
    You are a tougher man than me brother.  

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    Options
    Duke is back at the top of the NCAA rankings.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So what we've learned today is that @SGH has had coon nuts in his mouth ;)

• SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    So what we've learned today is that @SGH has had coon nuts in his mouth ;)
    I tried then many years ago. They are not worth fooling with though. They are just to wangy no matter how you prepare them. 

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

You do not eat coon testicles, they are far to strong and wangy. I thought everyone new that, but my bad for not being more clear. The testicles are from a hog. There are some testicles that should not be eaten. Coon testicles definitely falls into the do not eat category.  
    For every bit of good country wisdom like this, someone had to figure it out first and then be willing to tell everyone else. I’m guessing that took generations.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

For every bit of good country wisdom like this, someone had to figure it out first and then be willing to tell everyone else. I’m guessing that took generations.
    Apparently nobody passed passed on the pearl of wisdom that is 'wangy' coon balls. Hopefully Scottie will make sure nobody else has to learn the hard way.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited February 2019
    Options
    SGH said:
    I was digging and plundering around in the freezer and found a couple of forgotten gems. Got them thawing out for tomorrow. Jowls, testicles and a whole, cut up coon. 

Where is the Jim Carrey gagging gif when we need it?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

Apparently nobody passed passed on the pearl of wisdom that is 'wangy' coon balls. Hopefully Scottie will make sure nobody else has to learn the hard way.
    Wangy isn’t a description that means anything to me like sweet, peppery, etc. would, but then, I don’t need to associate that with a memory to know to stay away.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    SGH said:

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:

There we go. Much Appreciated.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.