Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking and how are you preparing for the National Emergency?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I'm thinking grind some brisket and belly up with the course die.  Salt ONLY before throwing on the grill.  Medium rare is almost over-cooked.

^^^^^ will be a great burger^^^^^^

We see the effect of the wind though we don't see the wind itself  =)
    I definitely see the effect of my wind, especially in elevators.  ;)
    I feel you elevatormates have the right to be protected from the aforementioned wind

Think I'll cure some belly today
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    I'm thinking grind some brisket and belly up with the course die.  Salt ONLY before throwing on the grill.  Medium rare is almost over-cooked.

^^^^^ will be a great burger^^^^^^

We see the effect of the wind though we don't see the wind itself  =)
    I definitely see the effect of my wind, especially in elevators.  ;)
    I feel you elevatormates have the right to be protected from the aforementioned wind

Think I'll cure some belly today
    My, you are up early.  Especially considering it's two hours earlier in CA.  Preparing for the invasion, and the belly to survive in the post-apocalyptic times.  Smart move.
    Options
    I boarded up the house and can't get to the egg, wife is cowering in the corner. I should be able to make some burgers on the stove, they will suck but we may survive. I do have some kraft singles for the burgers and some brioche bun, dukes mayo will definitely help the crappy burgers.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I boarded up the house and can't get to the egg, wife is cowering in the corner. I should be able to make some burgers on the stove, they will suck but we may survive. I do have some kraft singles for the burgers and some brioche bun, dukes mayo will definitely help the crappy burgers.
    Smart move.  If you feel you can safely go in your garage, you probably should make some spears from the kayak oars.  Also, I have a pretty good recipe for some chemical deterrents from the Anarchist's Cookbook.  Let me know if you need any support.  Hang in there brother!  Praise Duke's!!!
    Options
    Yesterday I went to Costco and stocked up. Spatchcock chicken planned for later today. 

Stay safe, stay strong. Things are getting scary. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ROlin
    ROlin Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow, after reading this thread I got so scared I ordered 5 more bags of Jealous Devil. Now I'll be safe behind the magnificent best wall of all times. Harder to get over than Mount Everest where I'll be safe & free to burn my non atomic Jealous Devil axe breaker charcoal. Thanks for the heads up. I may be the only survivor. Remember always go atomic free. Locked & loaded living in the free zone. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Jerk Chicken of course. 

And you guys think you need a « wall »? 😂😂😂

Options
    DMW said:
    Yesterday I went to Costco and stocked up. Spatchcock chicken planned for later today. 

Tell me you are not venturing outdoors! We will pray for you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    DMW said:

Only travel when light.  At night, the ice weasels come.
    Options
    A fairly objective article on the topic from a fairly credible source. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47258779
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Wife and I decided to head out for one last breakfast before the caravan reaches Durham!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Like the President, I have no idea who this lady is, but she sure seems upset!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    A fairly objective article on the topic from a fairly credible source. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47258779
    This from the guy that argued for legalization of polygamy. 
    Options

This is NO JOKE, man.  Get on, like a JOKE forum or something if you're not super-serious about safety and THE CARAVAN!!!!

Good bye, sir.

Look, above zero so A NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!  Go away!!

Chart Apprehensions on the US-Mexico border were at their lowest in 2017 since 2000

Options
    Also, mayo and ketchup or mustard?  What's the best combination?

At least when you quote someone, the word pederast is used correctly. Which public figure was it that you referred to as a pederast, but that pervert was into little girls?
  • nolaegghead
    Options

At least when you quote someone, the word pederast is used correctly. Which public figure was it that you referred to as a pederast, but that pervert was into little girls?
    Either post some food or survival advice or get off my thread, you imbecile.
    So I've taken inventory of all the weapons in the house.  I have loaded all magazines up.  Every nook and cranny has a knife, gun, pepper spray, taser or bottle of ghost pepper.  Planning and strategy = survival.  I suggest you all do the same. No telling where the nefarious invaders may lug their meth and blindfolded sex-slaves.  This is uncharted territory.

Any suggestions on the best cheese for the burger?
    Is this an attempt to draw out the buffalo and be banned so other can complain about it, seriouslyy?????
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    So I've taken inventory of all the weapons in the house.  I have loaded all magazines up.  Every nook and cranny has a knife, gun, pepper spray, taser or bottle of ghost pepper.  Planning and strategy = survival.  I suggest you all do the same. No telling where the nefarious invaders may lug their meth and blindfolded sex-slaves.  This is uncharted territory.

Any suggestions on the best cheese for the burger?
    Is this an attempt to draw out the buffalo and be banned so other can complain about it, seriouslyy?????
    No.
    Options

In 2011, President Obama (and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton) started the Libyan war without a declaration from Congress.

Obama (like Mr Trump) used loose funds in the executive branch to fund the entire war without an appropriation.

Pelosi and the Democratic leadership supported Obama's circumvention of Congress on both the lack of a declaration and the lack of an appropriation.

- paraphrased from article on BBC

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    edited February 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I always have a locked and loaded AR-15 under my desk just in case.
    Got a loaded Magpul D60, plus a few 30's loaded up in 5.56. Got my 40 round PMag with some 300 Blackout DRT's to feed the pistol. All can be grabbed within seconds. Living in Free 'Murica (with no kids) means I don't have to segregate my companions. ;)
    Also going out to get some whole turkey breast sections later. Going to cook one and throw the others in the chest freezer to cook at a later date.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    1911Man said:
    thetrim said:
    Got a loaded Magpul D60, plus a few 30's loaded up in 5.56. Got my 40 round PMag with some 300 Blackout DRT's to feed the pistol. All can be grabbed within seconds. Living in Free 'Murica (with no kids) means I don't have to segregate my companions. ;)
    Also going out to get some whole turkey breast sections later. Going to cook one and throw the others in the chest freezer to cook at a later date.
    See?  This is what I'm talking about.  @o@Ozzie_Isaac diverting the argument is just not taking this seriously.  I'm banning you from this thread.  Bad person!
    edited February 2019
    Options

I was quoting the Big Lebowski.  My apologies for it not being a perfect reference.  Now please go back to gluing your dentures back into that socket you call a pie hole.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

In 2011, President Obama (and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton) started the Libyan war without a declaration from Congress.

Obama (like Mr Trump) used loose funds in the executive branch to fund the entire war without an appropriation.

Pelosi and the Democratic leadership supported Obama's circumvention of Congress on both the lack of a declaration and the lack of an appropriation.

- paraphrased from article on BBC

True information, but a diversion.  Also you took it from the guy who supports polygamy's OP-ED.  Grow a notochord, man.
    Options
    sorry, I forgot .... we want Fat and Acid, not facts and data.

I think I will be making sphagetti.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    sorry, I forgot .... we want Fat and Acid, not facts and data.

I think I will be making spaghetti.
    FTFY

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    1911Man said:
    thetrim said:

Go old school w/ 50 & 100rnd drums

That's what I'm talking about!  Go "old school" on the caravan!!!  Plus, totally fits in with the mob-power we're rocking in the white-power-house. 
    Well, the banning by the buffalo will be deserved and I will support it.  Might as well make a thread with pictures of of your naked penis.