Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    At DPAC

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @DMW and @nolaegghead I wasn’t looking to wake the Buffalo.   I just watched „The Usual Suspects“ for the first time in years last night.   

Great flick.   
    The lineup scene at the beginning is my favorite part. Never gets old. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Watchin' the Grammies, which I haven't done in a few years.  I know a few of the artists, but less than half of them (gah, I'm old!)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers were on, Flea finally put on pants (yay!) and Keidis still can't sing in tune (boo!) but at least a musical form I could recognize.  
    Great tribute to Dolly Parton, she showed up a coupla pop-tarts on "Jolene", but then the 3 of them did an a capella version of a Neil Young tune, it sounded great!

Look at Mother Nature, On the run, in the Twenty-First Century....

I think one of the tarts was Miley Cyrus, no idea who the other one was.  My gosh, how old is Dolly, anymore?!?!  She's killin' it!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    Watchin' the Grammies, which I haven't done in a few years.  I know a few of the artists, but less than half of them (gah, I'm old!)
    Red

After hearing my wife tell me for the thousandth time, Bob Dylan can’t sing......I purchased a sweatshirt that reads “Put on some Dylan and handle it. Actually @Botch , what I am saying is I am old too....and listen to what you want to. 

I am enjoying the ladies tonight. They ain’t Wearin no bras.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I have a few albums by folks that can't sing (Dylan, Neil Young, John Prine, etc) but they all have something, something, that makes them worth listening to.  And everytime I watch the Grammies, I learn of a new artist that I end up loving.  Tonight there's a brunette gal, kinda country, that I haven't caught the name of yet, but will probably be checking into her soon.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Options
    Cooking brisket and sitting on the couch watching star trek
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Watching Hereditary... this movie is F'd up. Haven't scene a Horror movie this unnerving in a very long time. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Watching Hereditary... this movie is F'd up. Haven't scene a Horror movie this unnerving in a very long time. 
    I still want my $4.99 back from renting it on amazon.  Overhyped in my opinion 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I had never heard of it... saw it listed free on Amazon Prime. I can totally understand the hype... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Been working on this fella

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2019
    Options

a) Swap Venom
        Dizzy Dust
        Pineapple Head
        Raging River

b) 
        Cow Lick
        Crossroads  
        Jamaican Firewalk
       Tsunami Spin

Large sizes of the A group and small sizes of the B group will get ordered this week.
    Shout out to @Nature Boy for sharing secrets and to those of you for suggesting this test. I will test the remainder of the sample pack. next weekend.
    Burgers done with Raise The Steaks were on point. Maybe less Blu cheese next batch. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @frazzdaddy sounds like a scientific experiment I could get behind!  Thanks for sharing!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Trying to get through this day.  Spent the weekend in Austin for the Fleetwood Mac concert.  Was a great show.  I highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.  Started back on diet today after 3 days of total gluttony.  Too many drinks and too much good foot.  Today is going to suck for sure.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    This is one of those cooks where you don't give a sheet. No seasoning, no smoke, and no fun. Put on this morning before work and just about to pull off after getting home. I needed some basic pulled pork for a recipe this weekend. That's how you have to roll some times. Get-r-done. 

The plus side is the piece of garbage Party Q made it through without issue. That may be a first.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,344
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    This is one of those cooks where you don't give a sheet. No seasoning, no smoke, and no fun. Put on this morning before work and just about to pull off after getting home. I needed some basic pulled pork for a recipe this weekend. That's how you have to roll some times. Get-r-done. 

The plus side is the piece of garbage Party Q made it through without issue. That may be a first.

I first thought that was some kind of jacked up icicle coming off the handle 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Trying to get through this day.  Spent the weekend in Austin for the Fleetwood Mac concert.  Was a great show.  I highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.  Started back on diet today after 3 days of total gluttony.  Too many drinks and too much good foot.  Today is going to suck for sure.  
    Foot fetish Freudian slip? jk
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    WeberWho said:

My original PartyQ pit probe went to crap. I borrowed this one from my DigiQ. This was the first time wrapping a probe in any type of foil. It appeared to work. 

I've had the moisture build up from dripping off the egg before:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Foot fetish Freudian slip? jk
    Ha ha ha.  I really need to start proof reading more.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Dang boooooyyyyyeeeee
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited February 2019
    Options
    About to grill Wangs on the jumbo Joe 

Also, TGTFWBTTOW

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I’ve never had any issues with my party q. Don’t use it but once a year or so, but always performs as expected. I’ve had one time with my digi q when condensation stopped the fan briefly until I removed the bit o ice. It happens. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    ColtsFan said:
    WeberWho said:

My original PartyQ pit probe went to crap. I borrowed this one from my DigiQ. This was the first time wrapping a probe in any type of foil. It appeared to work. 

I've had the moisture build up from dripping off the egg before:

One word - SmoBot.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk