Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    A Shun Classic 6 1/2 inch Nikata through Amazon. Should be here Friday.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FR2YWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Correction on the name.
    Nice.  I have the premier one and love it.  Great knife.
    Well my wallet will hate me for a month for just getting the classic. Further youtube video shows that I will also need to order their honing steel.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Aer Disc container for the Vitamix. Going to try my hand at old fashioned banana pudding.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Aer Disc container for the Vitamix. Going to try my hand at old fashioned banana pudding.

I didn't know this existed.  So I was thinking of getting one of these things below.  In your research @Dredger , does the new blender jug do the same task well?

btw - love me some banana pudding

Phoenix 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Wawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawwawawawa

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    blasting said:
    Dredger said:

I didn't know this existed.  So I was thinking of getting one of these things below.  In your research @Dredger , does the new blender jug do the same task well?

btw - love me some banana pudding

I was gonna get one of those to make my head feel like banana pudding
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @blastingk I hope so. It just got here today. It's supposed to be great for making delicate stuff without breaking down eggs, whipping cream, muddling, etc. We'll see. 
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    Going to buy my new truck tomorrow.  It’ll need a retractable bed cover.  

Any opinions around here on Retrax vs Roll n Lock?
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Well I didn't "buy" that much, I have a buddy at Samsung that donated the monitors but I did buy a couple of Nvidia cards to run the home office

You could replace all that with 2 4K monitors.   I went that route and it's infinitely better in a myriad of ways.
    Care to provide any details? I'm planning a home office build.
    Sure.  Typically we've evolved into using 1080p monitors.  That's 1920x1080 pixel resolution.  To take advantage of that, you want a monitor that's around 24" diagonal.

So in the picture above, we have 8 of those. 

A 4k monitor is 3840x2160 - it's basically 4 of those monitors in a square grid.

Image result for 4k monitor desktop setups

To take advantage of this, unless you have extraordinary eyesight, you need a 4k monitor that's at least 40 inches (what I have) but a better solution is 48-49 inches diagonal.

You run it at 4k resolution.  Gives you the same pixel res as 4 1080p monitors, except you only have one cable and don't have the black bezels and complicated series of monitor stands.

I run mine as one big desk top, but you can buy software that lets you turn it into partitions, such as quadrants, and apps snap into those partitions.  Guy I work with is running a 49" 4k and he runs this software.

The video on my 2013 MBP runs 4k natively from the hdmi port, nothing was needed.  If you run 2 4k monitors, you'll need the GPU horsepower, but there are many solutions for that, and it will always be easier than running 8 hdmi cables.

Any 4k TV is also a monitor.  Actually, all modern TVs are monitors, just with tuners built in.  You'll just never use the tuner.  Or maybe you will.
    True, you could just go with a larger TV but I have different inputs coming from other sources. For example the top left is my CCTV for the house (not hooked up to a computer), the monitor below that  is for my work emails (different computer), so that leaves me with 6 computer monitors. It should be noted that and Nvidia chipset will only support 4 monitors, I have a server so I have two of these: https://www.amazon.com/PNY-VCQP2000-PB-NVIDIA-Quadro-P2000/dp/B06X9Q9XW3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1548376638&sr=8-3&keywords=nvidia+quadro+p2000

Then I hook those to my monitors. 

The six monitors usually have:

1. Personal email account (Microsoft Outlook)
    2. Search engine on idle
    3. Streaming CNBC
    4. Wall Street Journal or Bloomberg
    5. XM Radio
    6. TD Ameritrade account

I don't really trade much, I mostly leave my retirement to Northwestern Mutual. I do some risky trades for fun (not much $$) I bought sears at $0.09 and sold it for $0.63 It's fun and that paid for my second XLBGE that I'll buy this summer...

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    KennyCJR said:

Had a roll and lock it was nice, but you lose a small bit of bed space.  I’m putting a BAK revolver on our truck in a few months.  Bought a cheap trifold that is about done for
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    KennyCJR said:

Had a roll and lock it was nice, but you lose a small bit of bed space.  I’m putting a BAK revolver on our truck in a few months.  Bought a cheap trifold that is about done for
    I have the BakFlip MX4, with the BakBox, on my current truck. The BakBox took up the same area that a retractable drum would take and I haven’t missed that space yet. If it’s large enough, it goes on a trailer.  Fook trying to lift something large, 3 feet off the ground when a trailer is 1ft.   
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    U_tarded said:
    KennyCJR said:

I have the BakFlip MX4, with the BakBox, on my current truck. The BakBox took up the same area that a retractable drum would take and I haven’t missed that space yet. If it’s large enough, it goes on a trailer.  Fook trying to lift something large, 3 feet off the ground when a trailer is 1ft.   

KennyCJR said:

I never missed the space either, just getting to the tie points under it would be my only complaint.  Honestly I would go with what is sold locally so they could install it so I don’t have to. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just bought an upgrade to my 40(39"?) monitor.  My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.  $279
    Options
    Just bought an upgrade to my 40(39"?) monitor.  My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.  $279
    You should be able to manage at least 2-3 more troll accounts with that one. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice purchase Nola.  I bought the 49" 5 series for my outside TV.  They are make some great products right now.  Not sure if you want sound or need it but their soundbar they just came out with is getting some good reviews.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• BPFBGE
    BPFBGE Posts: 32
    Options
    Just bought a new Tacoma TRD Off Road and love it. First time I've bought anything other than a Jeep Wrangler.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Options
    BPFBGE said:
    Just bought a new Tacoma TRD Off Road and love it. First time I've bought anything other than a Jeep Wrangler.

Good to hear.  What year did you get?  I have a 2011 F-150 2wd that has been great, but I am considering what my next will be.  Definitely need 4wd and Tacoma with a long bed is one option, I don’t need full-size going forward.

Ford Rangers look good as well, but I get new model anxiety.
  • BPFBGE
    Options
    @Legume
    Its a 2018. I got the short bed 4dr. has full technology package, the only thing it doesnt have is a sunroof. I thought about the Ranger too, but had the same worries about the first year model.  I did see a new Ranger on the road the other day and it looks pretty good.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    Just seen on another site:

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy you a yacht to be miserable on.  

:lol:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    BPFBGE said:

Are they still under-powered? After years of driving Tacomas I ended up switching to an F150 in 2013. Loved, loved, loved my Tacomas... except for punching the gas and nothing happening. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • BPFBGE
    Options
    @SonVolt They are still a little slow off the line.
  • Legume
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:

Are they still under-powered? After years of driving Tacomas I ended up switching to an F150 in 2013. Loved, loved, loved my Tacomas... except for punching the gas and nothing happening. 
    That is one of my concerns coming from the F-150 3.5 ecoboost - the acceleration when I need it for passing or on a hill is unbelievable.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My F150 feels like a Cadillac by comparison to my Tacomas... which is a good and bad thing I guess. You really felt the road with the Tacoma, like it was still a proper truck. I liked it but my wife thought it was a rough ride... she likes the squishy houseboat-on-wheels feel of the F150. Plus there's a lot more room for her to leave empty soda bottles, gum wrappers and half-eaten happy meals. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:

That is one of my concerns coming from the F-150 3.5 ecoboost - the acceleration when I need it for passing or on a hill is unbelievable.
    I really wanted a L86 in my GMC 1500 but couldn’t find one anywhere. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    My F150 feels like a Cadillac by comparison to my Tacomas... which is a good and bad thing I guess. You really felt the road with the Tacoma, like it was still a proper truck. I liked it but my wife thought it was a rough ride... she likes the squishy houseboat-on-wheels feel of the F150. Plus there's a lot more room for her to leave empty soda bottles, gum wrappers and half-eaten happy meals. 
    I'm the one with the messy car in this house, Anne keeps her car really clean inside and out (with the assistance of our local Polish car wash / valet operation).
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:

What is L86?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    "Anyone who says money cant buy happiness has never ridden a jet ski" -Mitch Hedburg.. I think
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:

What is L86?
    GM’s 6.2L engine. 420hp 460lb-ft 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:

What is L86?
    GM’s 6.2L engine. 420hp 460lb-ft 
    had that in the h2, the torque flips the vehicle, thats my story and im sticking to it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Thanks to all the fine folks on this forum for your BGE accessory sugestions!  Through your advice, me and my family finally qualify for government assistance.   :)
    Thanks to Tom (CGS) for another seamless transaction. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.