Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    edited January 2019
    Just picked up this 2016 50cc scooter for $200.  194 miles on the odometer
    Good thing its flat in NO.  Ex-GF bought a 50cc for her son, and I had to ride it home to hide it until his birthday; damn thing wouldn't haul my fat ass up the last hill and I had to walk it up!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Hah, G-Max helmet!  I got one with my first motorcycle purchase, and against all odds it fit my XXL head!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Just a guess, but I bet those scratches on the helmets left side were the reason for the sale.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • nolaegghead
    dharley said:
    Just a guess, but I bet those scratches on the helmets left side were the reason for the sale.

Yep.  He threw on the front brake and flew off the bike, 4 broken ribs.  Older guy, 67.  Said "I'm done".
    Eoin said:
    How long before you decide it's too slow and start modifying it?
    How the heck did you get such a good deal? Was @Photo Egg with you? 
    @Eoin I think I'll leave it slow and unmodified as SWMBO is interested in riding it and I've been unsuccessfull in getting her interested in my 125cc Buddy.

@DoubleEgger Room mate of a guy at work.  Wasn't interested, so I said put it on Craigslist.   He didn't want to....so I made a ridiculous offer and thought I'd be done with it....and he accepted it.  Oh well.
    It needs a blinker and a bent brake lever straightened out or replaced.  A few minor scratches.
    I have a friend coming to our Super Bowl party who’s a big Saints fun. She drinks wine, but tends to drop her glass - purchased this for her to minimize glass cleanup next Sunday..

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    Hope she's into white wine for your sake...
    39 to 49" upgrade.....I CAN SEE!

Big improvement. 

Big improvement. 

I guess the next step is an 8K projector and a 100" screen. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    HeavyG said:

Big improvement. 

I guess the next step is an 8K projector and a 100" screen. :)
    Hahaha...no, no next step.  I do have a decent projector that I pretty much only use to loan out to my neighbor Ariel when she hosts the animal law clinic for the LA BAR.

This monitor is friggin HUGE.  The desk is so large it makes it look normal sized.
    @Botch I'll look at the video later... I knew that it was pushed by the .gov and defaults to the 'on' setting. At least you can disable it easily. Even though I'm doing my own testing with leaving it enabled right now. If this appeases the pol's and keeps them from demanding we convert to hybrids or some other nuttery, I'm OK with it. Especially since I get to keep my v8. ;)
    Something else new for this model year is how the dynamic engine management works. It can turn off individual cylinders as the power demand determines (80x/second). So it can go from all 8 to just 1 in any number. It will also cycle through which ones are used, so it won't leave one dead for the demand. IIRC, the old v8/v4 mode turned off the same set of cylinders for that demand set (if down to 4).
    While some are scared of getting a new model year truck, I figure with all the things that went into this one, as well as the warranty I have, I won't have any real trouble. Plus the "lemon law" is another layer of protection. 3x for the same issue without it being fixed and I can get a new truck. I don't expect to ever need that, but it's there just in case.
    Took the new truck for a ride yesterday and it's still putting a grin on my face every time. I need to get it registered before next weekend and get my EZPass set for it (the system doesn't list 2019 for model years yet). I'm thinking of going Friday morning to do that. It will probably take all of 10 minutes to get to me when I go there (it was about that last time I went). Advantage of living in a town of about 7k people. :)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Hope she's into white wine for your sake...
    I know .. I try to steer her outside by the firepit, just in case. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    cleaned the desk....made it years ago.  got to see the big anarchy design once again.

Wondering what you used for the yellow inlay--wood dye?
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Looking for something to keep my Shuns' in.  Just had them laying in our utensils draw, but my daughter (3.5 years old) is starting to fumble through them so my wife moved them up into the cup cabinet.  Wife doesn't want a wall magnet either.  Anyone have a block they would recommend or any other "different" ideas?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited January 2019
    Looking for something to keep my Shuns' in.  Just had them laying in our utensils draw, but my daughter (3.5 years old) is starting to fumble through them so my wife moved them up into the cup cabinet.  Wife doesn't want a wall magnet either.  Anyone have a block they would recommend or any other "different" ideas?
    Check out etsy.com. Search for Knife storage. You will find many artisan made products that will give you quite a few options.  You might even consider a knife wrap.....that will allow you to store most anywhere. Also always ready to go for travel to such events at maybe Butt Blast IIII
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Check out etsy.com. Search for Knife storage. You will find many artisan made products that will give you quite a few options.  You might even consider a knife wrap.....that will allow you to store most anywhere. Also always ready to go for travel to such events at maybe Butt Blast IIII
    I am interested in this now that I have a Shun. I have been thinking wall magnet myself.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just bought a foamaster and some grit guards so I can wash and detail the new car. Still deciding on a sealant or a coating 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    New bag for some up coming trips.  Originally bought the Fairview 55 but it was too big.  Went with the Porter 46.

PORTER 46
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    How the heck did you get such a good deal? Was @Photo Egg with you? 
    Probably from a guy on the corner....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I'm going to pick up a couple of these for mine. They might also work for any wondering hands like you describe 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Jstroke said:
    cleaned the desk....made it years ago.  got to see the big anarchy design once again.

Wondering what you used for the yellow inlay--wood dye?
    No, Yellowheart. 
    Just bought a foamaster and some grit guards so I can wash and detail the new car. Still deciding on a sealant or a coating 
    Based on testing, and recommended by Consumer Reports, this:

Image result for nu finish

edited January 2019

I just went through this same dilemma with a 3yo and 1yo. I bought a Wustof Knife Block and stuck it on top of the fridge. Holds all my knives and is well out of reach of the kiddos. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @nolaegghead I thought you endorsed Zaino 
  • nolaegghead
    Legume said:
    @nolaegghead I thought you endorsed Zaino 
    I whatever the opposite of endorse is that line.
    HeavyG said:
    I've tried using a big a$$ monitor (40"+) and didn't like it. Perhaps it was just me but my eyeballs/neck didn't enjoy the larger vertical heaight one has to move to scan a monitor that size. Side-to-side was not any bother, just the vertical.
    Leaned back in my chair the big a$$ monitor was fine but most of the time I'm sitting up straight.
    Dell makes one of these:
    49" wide (5120 x 1440 ) but the vertical height is no more than my 27" iMac so my neck/eyeballs should be happy. I haven't seen one of these in person but am considering one. Waiting to see what the new Mac Pro that Apple will be announcing any day now is like.

Well, then you wouldn't like the multiple monitor matrix either.  The amount of physical area is either something you need or don't.  My contention is the monitor matrix is old-school and should just be replaced with very large, very high definition monitors. 

Those super-wide computer monitors are ridiculously expensive.  A 49" 4K monitor can be purchased for under $400.
    Late to the party here, but I use Samsung's 49" Ultra-Wide at work. It works well for me. We also have a 42" Dell 4K and I find it too big to use.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236

Big improvement. 
    I see some things on that screen that look familiar (Oracle SQL). Nice setup!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA