Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    SonVolt said:
    My F150 feels like a Cadillac by comparison to my Tacomas... which is a good and bad thing I guess. You really felt the road with the Tacoma, like it was still a proper truck. I liked it but my wife thought it was a rough ride... she likes the squishy houseboat-on-wheels feel of the F150. Plus there's a lot more room for her to leave empty soda bottles, gum wrappers and half-eaten happy meals. 
    After 40 years of both driving and repairing trucks, It's hands down Ford F250.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    blasting said:
    Dredger said:
    Aer Disc container for the Vitamix. Going to try my hand at old fashioned banana pudding.

I didn't know this existed.  So I was thinking of getting one of these things below.  In your research @Dredger , does the new blender jug do the same task well?

btw - love me some banana pudding

Heh.... Whippits!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    KennyCJR said:
      Auto loan interest rates suck these days.  

Unless you can get a loan through a credit union. Their rates are still really competitive in general.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Bought a 2004 f250 brand new, pulled a trailer every day of its life 200,000 miles. Brakes rotors tires oil changes. 
     Not to say it was perfect when I sold it but it was never in the shop
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I usually wait until the manufacturer offer 0 percent or reduced rate financing. That's why I went with my new Subaru 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:
    Just bought a new Tacoma TRD Off Road and love it. First time I've bought anything other than a Jeep Wrangler.

Are they still under-powered? After years of driving Tacomas I ended up switching to an F150 in 2013. Loved, loved, loved my Tacomas... except for punching the gas and nothing happening. 
    That is one of my concerns coming from the F-150 3.5 ecoboost - the acceleration when I need it for passing or on a hill is unbelievable.
    I really wanted a L86 in my GMC 1500 but couldn’t find one anywhere. 
    What is L86?
    GM’s 6.2L engine. 420hp 460lb-ft 
    Very happy with the new 5.3L v8 in my 2019 Silverado. Not sure why, but it feels a LOT more responsive than in the 2015 I traded in. Being able to haul 5 tons works for me too.
    They also improved the suspension between my 15 and the new 19 more than a bit. Same section of road that had harsh bumps in it is now a lot smoother.
    Of course, the factory dual exhaust also sounds wicked pissah. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,129
    Trying not to buy this Krieghoff model 32 with a 30" step rib barrel and a full Briley tube set with case........killing me!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    bubbajack said:
    Trying not to buy this Krieghoff model 32 with a 30" step rib barrel and a full Briley tube set with case........killing me!
    It depends what the grade is and how good a deal. You’ll rarely lose on something like that. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • 1911Man
    Looking to replace the UPS that my ESXi host, 26 port Gb switch, and NAS connect up to. All of that was off when I got home tonight. I don't think we had a power outage since the clocks in the kitchen weren't blinking at me.
    The UPS I have now is about 12 years old (maybe more) so I don't feel bad about replacing it. Just trying to decide if I replace it with one the same size, or go a little smaller (and plan to get another one if needed). I really just need ~5 minutes of run time so that I can get the genny running (not an automatic failover type).
    I'm also trying to figure out when I'll be able to replace the single host system with a pair of much smaller (physically) systems that use a LOT less power and generate far less heat. Only run about $1200 each, plus memory and internal storage (or use an USB thumb drive to boot and add internal storage later for vSAN).
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    1911Man said:
    Looking to replace the UPS that my ESXi host, 26 port Gb switch, and NAS connect up to. All of that was off when I got home tonight. I don't think we had a power outage since the clocks in the kitchen weren't blinking at me.
    The UPS I have now is about 12 years old (maybe more) so I don't feel bad about replacing it. Just trying to decide if I replace it with one the same size, or go a little smaller (and plan to get another one if needed). I really just need ~5 minutes of run time so that I can get the genny running (not an automatic failover type).
    I'm also trying to figure out when I'll be able to replace the single host system with a pair of much smaller (physically) systems that use a LOT less power and generate far less heat. Only run about $1200 each, plus memory and internal storage (or use an USB thumb drive to boot and add internal storage later for vSAN).
    Or just use AWS.
    AWS to run local AD/DNS/etc?? Yeah, pass. Plus if there's an internet outage (happens) then I'll have nothing. I'll keep using what I get from my VMUG Advantage membership to run things here. Plus I get to play with a lot more cool tech easily.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Gotchya.  The system is the point.  I thought you were hosting services for outside your firewall.  Nevermind.  
    You boys with your 'cool tech' and your acronyms.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Eoin said:

Absolutely one of my all time favorite shows.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    Eoin said:

Richard Ayoade is great.

This bloke is the star....

I will watch or listen to anything from Matt Berry. 

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - a masterpiece from the Ayoade/Berry canon.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

Richard Ayoade is great.

Does he remind you of your Chief Constable?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Insulated overalls. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    SGH said:
    Insulated overalls. 

Do they keep the heat out in the deep south?
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Bought a 2004 f250 brand new, pulled a trailer every day of its life 200,000 miles. Brakes rotors tires oil changes. 
     Not to say it was perfect when I sold it but it was never in the shop
    Still have my 04. It's a tank. I pull a goose-neck loaded with a skid steer, a horse trailer, and a tandem 10 yard dump trailer from time to time. She never complains.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

Richard Ayoade is great.

Does he remind you of your Chief Constable?
    Not strictly, but I have tried to weave more of this style in to my approach to management.   =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,218
    A couple of good spokeshaves.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,691
    edited January 2019
    1911Man said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:
    Just bought a new Tacoma TRD Off Road and love it. First time I've bought anything other than a Jeep Wrangler.

Are they still under-powered? After years of driving Tacomas I ended up switching to an F150 in 2013. Loved, loved, loved my Tacomas... except for punching the gas and nothing happening. 
    That is one of my concerns coming from the F-150 3.5 ecoboost - the acceleration when I need it for passing or on a hill is unbelievable.
    What is L86?
    Very happy with the new 5.3L v8 in my 2019 Silverado. Not sure why, but it feels a LOT more responsive than in the 2015 I traded in. Being able to haul 5 tons works for me too.
    They also improved the suspension between my 15 and the new 19 more than a bit. Same section of road that had harsh bumps in it is now a lot smoother.
    I’ve got the 5.3 and it’s just meh. I drove the L86 in a two wheel drive truck and it’s wicked pissah fast not just wicked pissah sounding. ;) I don’t really care for the new ones so I’m probably going to hold off until the next gen Tundra. My ‘16 GMC is an electronics time bomb waiting to go off. 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    SonVolt said:
    BPFBGE said:

What is L86?
    I’ve got the 5.3 and it’s just meh. I drove the L86 in a two wheel drive truck and it’s wicked pissah fast not just wicked pissah sounding. ;) I don’t really care for the new ones so I’m probably going to hold off until the next gen Tundra. My ‘16 GMC is an electronics time bomb waiting to go off. 
    Don't know why you have such a difference with teh GMC truck, but my experience is very different. I'm aso not looking to haul 10 tons all over the place. ;) The 2015 Silverado 1500 I had was good. But it can't hold a candle to the 2019.
    Need to see IF the bed cover I had on the 15 will fit on the 19 this morning, or not. If not, a friend is going to buy it. If it does, then it's going on.
    There are a couple of minor items that I'd like if they were different, but these are pretty much in the infotainment system. So they could be tweaked with a software update later. First time with power memory seats and it's very nice. The things you didn't know about, that make more impact than you would think.
    I have a storage box coming tomorrow that I'll see if it will hold the essentials that I want to keep in the truck. Not sure about getting another under seat storage item (mounted) or not yet. I like the extra usable space that I have now when I lift the rear seats. I leave them down when heading to work, to keep my laptop bag contained (cooler goes onto the seat). Although I might change that mode in the future. I am thinking about getting the full coverage floor mats/liners for the rear and maybe change out the front ones for those that cover more of the driver side foot well. More for the extra bit where the parking brake pedal used to be.
    BTW, getting the 6 year, 75k mile GM/Chevy warranty (bumper to bumper) from the dealer was a nice touch. Even better is the payment isn't all that much more than my old truck (that I got used). Just means I'll stay working where I am unless a better role, at the same/better (or at least equivalent, if in NH) pay comes along. 
    It was also nice with how much they did to get my truck ready faster than they initially thought. Pays to not be a skin flint sometimes. ;) If I was going for just a straight LT, or LT Z71 it would have been another day or two. I almost feel bad for the people who bought lower level trucks (or even cars) that got bumped so mine would be done faster. Almost...
    I have every intention of keeping this truck for about 10 years. Of course, a lot will depend on what comes out for the next body style and tech refresh. I'm just hoping that they keep v8 engines as either options, or defaults for certain trim levels of the trucks.
    BTW, the auto stop is a little weird at first, but it restarts the engine fast. All you have to do is let off the brake pedal and it's going again. Going to run with that for the next couple of weeks and see what it does for my fuel economy. It looks like it is already improving that. I'm hoping to see closer to 20mpg going through the towns/city I have to get to work and home again. Considering I was getting an average of about 15, even with going on the highway on the weekends, it could be significant. I had gotten 26.4mpg on a 50 mile drive in my 15 Silverado before. Need to see what the new beaut will do for me. :)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    edited January 2019
    1911Man said:BTW, the auto stop is a little weird at first, but it restarts the engine fast. All you have to do is let off the brake pedal and it's going again. Going to run with that for the next couple of weeks and see what it does for my fuel economy. It looks like it is already improving that. I'm hoping to see closer to 20mpg going through the towns/city I have to get to work and home again. Considering I was getting an average of about 15, even with going on the highway on the weekends, it could be significant. I had gotten 26.4mpg on a 50 mile drive in my 15 Silverado before. Need to see what the new beaut will do for me. :)
    Saw a video on the "background" behind the auto-stop systems.  The guy claimed that US guv'mint fuel economy testing includes long periods where the vehicle is stationary, and for those long periods the system did make a difference on the fuel economy.  The system needs to "default On" for it to be included in the test, hence this is what we have.  

He did say that it doesn't appreciably cause any wear to the battery, starter, nor engine (most engine wear occurs at startup, but only when the engine is cold, and the system isn't supposed to kill the engine until it has warmed up.)

I did notice that the system in my Audi is brake-sensitive; if I come to a smooth, gentle stop the engine keeps running, if I press harder on the brake then the engine stops.  This is very useful to me; since 9-11 the Air Force base gate guards have to visually check everyone's ID cards, and it can take up to 40 minutes of crawling to get through the gate in the morning.  I definitely don't want the engine stopping/starting that entire time, by modulating my brake pressure it won't, but I can press the brake harder when a light turns red.

Anxious to hear if you can see a difference on your truck.  

EDIT:  Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/k159M8QhCIE

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Refinanced for 3.4% from my credit union.  We had to use Ford financing for a few of the rebates, or at least that’s what we were told.  

Thanks for the push to check other rates.   😃🍻🍻
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • Eoin
    Just picked up this 2016 50cc scooter for $200.  194 miles on the odometer
    How long before you decide it's too slow and start modifying it?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,691
    Just picked up this 2016 50cc scooter for $200.  194 miles on the odometer
    How the heck did you get such a good deal? Was @Photo Egg with you?