Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options

Listening to some music while drinking and cooking.
    Las Vegas, NV

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    blasting said:

With all the commercial equipment you seem to pick up @nolaegghead, i would have thought you'd have 2-3 old Hobarts kicking around.  Then again, you clearly don't need one.
    I have a big commercial German food slicer but I need to service it, the slide is stuck.  Believe me I would have used that before hand slicing.  I have a cheap slicer and it's damn near worthless for frozen meat.

I figured you probably did.  Last week I became the proud owner of a Globe 12 with a stuck slide.  As pleased as I am to have it, it will probably be an summer indoor project.

Phoenix 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Good luck @ACN.   Act like you really don’t give a rip either way. It’s done wonders for me in interviews.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Every now and then, the good Lord just wants to let you know he’s out there looking out for you.  

I found this today while cleaning up (err I mean throwing away half the crap in) my office.  

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Wondering why bibs aren't socially acceptable for adults. 
    They are!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    XL is coming up to temp for a Costco prime brisket.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Reading Botch's post and admiring my meat...

Nice meat.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Reading Botch's post and admiring my meat...

Very Ice Truck Killer.
    Options
    Botch said:
    Today I finished a three-day class on "Acquisition and Sustainment Topics 2018".  Learned a few things about the changes in Acq Law that have occurred that I wasn't aware of.
    The instructor also included a lot of updates on recent Defense technology that I ALSO wasn't aware of (I stopped my expensive subscription to Aviation Week & Space Technology a few years ago).  Some interesting points:
    - Huge amount of money going into drone tech; the Navy is developing not only drone fighters for their carriers, but also refueling drones to keep them airborne, and even drone carriers themselves!  
    - Drone subs, particularly drone mine-sniffing subs, a great idea.
    - Huge advances in AI facial identification (already used extensively by China) and scary integration with small, fast, autonomous "assassin" drones...
    - Scary predictions about the future of warfare; both China and Russia have equivalent, or superior (that we know of) AI/hacking capabilities to the US, and (think about this) most of our economy resides in five (5!) banks!  
    - most of the space junk threatening our satellites/ISS came from two incidents: an intentional detonation of a large, dead chinese satellite, and an unintentional collision between a US and old Soviet satellites.  Low-earth orbit satellites are travelling at 17,000 mph, so even a "glancing" blow is kinda devastating.  
    - Nano-tech: this is simply ultra-miniaturization of mechanical items, China is far ahead of us in this field (they already have spying drones that look/fly like birds, so realistic that actual birds fly around with them!).  
    - Laser/Directed-energy weapons fell out of favor a couple decades ago, but recent conversion from chemical lasers to electronic lasers (and I know nothing about this stuff) has led to huge re-investments in the tech (and might be the only way to defend against "drone swarms", another huge recent field of advancement).  
    Very interesting course!  I'll probably be retiring within the year; in some ways I wish I was just starting out, again.  (Some fresh knees though, first...)  
    I sadly knew most of that.  I need to get a life.
    Options
    I overshot temp on my XL. So now I'm waiting.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Botch said:
    Today I finished a three-day class on "Acquisition and Sustainment Topics 2018".  Learned a few things about the changes in Acq Law that have occurred that I wasn't aware of.
    The instructor also included a lot of updates on recent Defense technology that I ALSO wasn't aware of (I stopped my expensive subscription to Aviation Week & Space Technology a few years ago).  Some interesting points:
    - Huge amount of money going into drone tech; the Navy is developing not only drone fighters for their carriers, but also refueling drones to keep them airborne, and even drone carriers themselves!  
    - Drone subs, particularly drone mine-sniffing subs, a great idea.
    - Huge advances in AI facial identification (already used extensively by China) and scary integration with small, fast, autonomous "assassin" drones...
    - Scary predictions about the future of warfare; both China and Russia have equivalent, or superior (that we know of) AI/hacking capabilities to the US, and (think about this) most of our economy resides in five (5!) banks!  
    - most of the space junk threatening our satellites/ISS came from two incidents: an intentional detonation of a large, dead chinese satellite, and an unintentional collision between a US and old Soviet satellites.  Low-earth orbit satellites are travelling at 17,000 mph, so even a "glancing" blow is kinda devastating.  
    - Nano-tech: this is simply ultra-miniaturization of mechanical items, China is far ahead of us in this field (they already have spying drones that look/fly like birds, so realistic that actual birds fly around with them!).  
    - Laser/Directed-energy weapons fell out of favor a couple decades ago, but recent conversion from chemical lasers to electronic lasers (and I know nothing about this stuff) has led to huge re-investments in the tech (and might be the only way to defend against "drone swarms", another huge recent field of advancement).  
    Very interesting course!  I'll probably be retiring within the year; in some ways I wish I was just starting out, again.  (Some fresh knees though, first...)  
    I sadly knew most of that.  I need to get a life.
    I can help.  #fishing mfvckr.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    Options
    DMW said:
    Brisket on.

Dwayne.   you need any support thru this or are you good to go?   I know this isn’t your first time at the rodeo.   

I ask because I’m cleaning out my office and garage. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Just hangin w Jesus and Mary while doing a little garage decluttering.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Pho dinner
    I like the guitars hanging in the dining room. I usually have one on the wall in mine as well. The only reason the hanger sometimes sits empty is that the brutal cold and dryness of my area at this time of year sees me store the guitars in the music room, where they are himidified. 

I kind of want a carbon fiber guitar for the dining room. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Good luck @ACN.   Act like you really don’t give a rip either way. It’s done wonders for me in interviews.  
    Thanks.  To some extent I have that luxury - I’m not in a bad spot now, but this would allow me to work in a different spot and learn new things, as well as having better advancement opportunities.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Talking to Adam at Sweetwater about ESP's new 2019 line up. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Talking to Adam at Sweetwater about ESP's new 2019 line up. 
    Ask if they have a carbon fiber model.   =)  
    (are you at Sweetwater, or the NAMM show?)  

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Just over the phone unfortunately... I'd love to make a trip to the store one day. They've really mastered the art of salesmanship. Usually I find sales people annoying but they're doing something right. 

Adam called NAMM "Not Available, Maybe May", lol. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch
    Options
    I've really enjoyed dealing with them too.  

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    DMW said:
    Brisket on.

That looks terrible, what time are we eating?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Opening the mail. A new pair of hickory striped overalls and a small 9” cleaver arrived today.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

It actually kind of looks like a butt.
  • thetrim
    Options
    SGH said:
    Opening the mail. A new pair of hickory striped overalls and a small 9” cleaver arrived today.  

You win a bet w/ a Clemson fan?

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    So @DMW any updates?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I have about 10lbs of APL chicken tenders marinating right now.

I'll serve at to my son's HS soccer team at team dinner prior to their final home game tonight.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95