Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    My source said last weekend was the worst time as the traders had factored potential losses already.
    I might do £500 for spends.   The holiday is priced in Euros,  65% outstanding to pay - the deposit was at 1.10 so anything over that and we're up (a bit) - small margins.
    I suspect an extension to Article 50, which suits me as I need to get the dogs passport done too and I don't want all the faff of not knowing if they will be affected.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SWMBO wants a new house. I'm doing the math to figure out how screwed we would be paying the new payment.
    Gotta do whatever it takes to be happy in life. Wifey wanted to move and we ended up moving. Best decision we’ve ever made. Well second best...

Ya, its more just me being on the conservative side money wise that I am on edge. I'm not one of these people that is trying to go get a mortgage payment that's 40% of my monthly gross income. Currently we are on the low low end so I have gotten used to that. As you say in the end what makes mama happy makes everyone happy.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Are EU politics off limits too? =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Are EU politics off limits too? =)
    I can't see how such reckless incompetence can be seen as anything other than entertainment, but we were discussing exchange rates, not politics. It's important to know how much the food is going to cost when in foreign climes, even if good Q is unlikely to be on the menu in France.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Only if one or more people disagree with your opinion.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eoin
    JRWhitee said:
    Only if one or more people disagree with your opinion.
    What, you think there is good Q in France?
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    After visiting Marseilles and Toulon in my early 20's on deployment, I don't remember their food much, but the beer was cold
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eoin
    After visiting Marseilles and Toulon in my early 20's on deployment, I don't remember their food much, but the beer was cold
    The beer is cold in France, but better in England  :)
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    Eoin said:
    I think beer is considered politics 👀

Eoin said:
    England is on the bucket list. SWMBO wants to go on a vacation for our 15th Anniversery. A European trip maybe in the cards. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Sea2Ski said:
    One of our cows had her calf today! This one we have mostly for the milk to try our hand at making cheese. Not so much me, but my buddies wife. She is all into it.

Not the best picture... I know. But pics or it didn’t happen. 

We raised belted galloways for a couple of years.... Great cattle and good meat (but not a lot on each steer)!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Chicken Alfredo. No pics. It sucked worse than my wings. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    cat:  too fat for box
    home made tater soup courtesy SWMBO
    First look, thought you had okra on top. Had to zoom in. Gawjus.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    bucky925 said:
    bucky925 said:
    On a more serious note.  Cindy (my wife) had a concerning mammogram Friday.  Nothing confirmed but she is an at-risk person.  Biopsy Thursday and the results the following Tuesday.  The perp is the size of a grain of rice.  We're really not trying to over think this, but you can imagine how the mind works.  If you are a prayer type person please do, if not good vibes would be greatly appreciated.

GREAT news today!  It was a looooong weekend waiting,  but she has a clean bill of health. Thanks for the positive thoughts y'all. 

that's awesome news man!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Eoin said:
    Agreed, but the food in France is better than in England (sorry Eoin!), we always hit the French bistros in England for lunch when I was TDY there.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    great news!
    Sitting in a very non-discript hotel room in Lincoln IL. Just had dinner at the Blue Dog. Reminds me of places when I was a kid. All sandwiches were under 8.00 and the Cobb Salad was excellent at 7.75. Nachos were 6.50. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    Legume said:
    Leftover beef rib meat from Sunday mixed into some homemade borracho beans, filling a baked sweet potato.  Touch of sharp cheddar and yellowbird habanero.  And of course slaw for the win.

That looks amazing!
    Las Vegas, NV

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

@bucky925 &   @Battleborn That's great news for both of you and your families.  Big sigh of relief for sure.  

Phoenix 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,494
    Watching the local news. Gave up local media a long time ago, but they've been talking about this "potential blizzard" for a week. They're predicting 3-20" of snow and 40mph winds. If it tracks 50 miles one way or the other makes all the difference in the world. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373

This one video highlights the cluelessness of BOTH Joe Buck and Jim Mora.

Beautiful!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    thetrim said:

This one video highlights the cluelessness of BOTH Joe Buck and Jim Mora.

Beautiful!
    Such a great play.  Mora is a joke.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA