Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Week of Keto: Spoilers, Nobody Died

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Here you go- I used 40g of coconut flour and 130 of almond based on some other recipes I saw. Turned out well enough that the kids want to make pizza crust out of it tonight. 

Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough - 4 ways

Cook Time 20 minutes
     Total Time 30 minutes
     Servings 1 whole dough recipe
     Calories 1174 kcal

Ingredients

• 170 g pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella 
    • 85 g almond meal/flour *see recipe notes below
    • 2 tbsp cream cheese full fat
    • 1 egg medium
    • pinch salt to taste

Instructions

1. Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.

2. Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.

3. Add the egg, salt, and any other flavourings, mix gently.

You can make into a variety of breads and cooking times will vary. Check out the website:

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/low-carb-mozzarella-dough-4-ways/

Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Failed to mention- I doubled and reason for the amount of flour I used. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Started a week ago tomorrow.  Mild headaches for three days due to lack of sugar
    Down 8 lbs in 6 days.  This upcoming week is when the fat burn kicks in.   Last few days was getting the carbs and carb retained water out of multiplensystems

Goal is to lose 40 lbs in 90 days
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @JRWhitee Jim let her know it usually helps if you take a glass and mix 2 parts club soda and one part vodka with a splash of lime prior to cooking :rofl:

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I didn’t realize these diets had such amazing powers guys!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Gave the fat head dough a run for pizzas tonight. Family thought they were good but definitely not the same. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina it’s Sunday. Even Dr Phil takes takes a day off from being a douschebag every now and then. 

You can too. :whistle:  

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina it’s Sunday. Even Dr Phil takes takes a day off from being a douschebag every now and then. 

Nola told me to do it.  True story.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I knew about the ketogenic diet to treat epilepsy.  I used to sell a Neuromodulation device that treated epilepsy and docs couldn’t prescribe that device until the patients gave the ketogenic diet a six month trial.  

I also know John need to find new targets now that the Buffalo banned the Great One.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited January 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I knew about the ketogenic diet to treat epilepsy.  I used to sell a Neuromodulation device that treated epilepsy and docs couldn’t prescribe that device until the patients gave the ketogenic diet a six month trial.  

I also know John need to find new targets now that the Buffalo banned the Great One.  
    Keto isn’t exactly a “new target” for me there champ.  

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1216391/when-a-family-member-gets-sucked-in-to-a-mlm#latest
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @JRWhitee Jim let her know it usually helps if you take a glass and mix 2 parts club soda and one part vodka with a splash of lime prior to cooking :rofl:
    Actually she is a wino, won't be a problem having a drink while preparing...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    all I know is I’ve been doing keto for 3 months (cheat a little on weekends) and I’m down 52 lbs, my goal is 40 more by my cruise to the Caribbean in June, should be attainable. 

But it I have noticed a loss in muscle
    mass, so I’ve been working out a couple times a week at my sons gym, as well as riding the stationary bike at home and it makes a world of difference. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @JRWhitee yes I was at Butt Blast and saw her with the rest of the purple teeth princesses....

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Honestly if it works for you then great.  Just remember that the challenge with any diet is not so much losing the weight, but keeping it off.  So the real question is how to transition from something like this to something that’s really sustainable long term.  I’ve struggled with this sort of thing myself.

I will say that a lot of the food in this thread looks great!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

Nola told me to do it.  True story.
    You found the one to follow. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Oh, the horror of posting a snippet of people raving about the life changing virtues of keto on a keto thread...
    Options
    Tonight was a instant pot chicken taco soup found here:

https://thatlowcarblife.com/low-carb-taco-soup/

Found the soup a touch bland bland once complete so added another tablespoon of the adobo, extra salt and some gator sauce. Really woke up the flavor and I would recommend. 

Greensboro, NC
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @JRWhitee yes I was at Butt Blast and saw her with the rest of the purple teeth princesses....
    Adam, this is great. Thanks.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

@JRWhitee glad y’all enjoyed!

South of Nashville, TN

• Wingtcoach
    Options
    I think I’ve done about every diet known to man. Keto is easy but like someone said it’s tough to transition out of back to regular food at least for me it is and I like beer. Probably the most sustainable diet I’ve ever done is slow carb. Lost a butt load of weight and had a epic cheat day every Saturday. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The use of the word crack in the title of this recipe is well earned, this stuff is seriously addicting:

https://www.isavea2z.com/instant-pot-keto-crack-chicken-recipe/

Also, a woman I used to work with left before retiring to manage her $600K/year Keto related website, http://www.lowcarbyum.com. Every recipe I’ve tried is great. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Egg made- Flank with a sugar free, Keto friendly marinade, Brussels and zucchini. Easy and tastie 

Greensboro, NC
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Tonight was a instant pot chicken taco soup found here:

https://thatlowcarblife.com/low-carb-taco-soup/

Found the soup a touch bland bland once complete so added another tablespoon of the adobo, extra salt and some gator sauce. Really woke up the flavor and I would recommend. 

Dude! Brandi and I just fired this up. Used more chicken, less salt, and more cilantro than the recipe asked for. Heavy! Next time we’ll add more chicken broth. 

SLAMMINNNNNNNN!! Great recommendation tyvm 

no idea what vanilla thinks putting the pic of our two botwl up there is going to accomplish...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Wolfpack
    Options
    To dust off this thread and in honor of Nola’s crawfish boil I decided on a low carb jambalaya. I didn’t have shrimp or celery and was too lazy to run to the store. 

Basically follwed this recipe:

https://www.castironketo.net/blog/keto-jambalaya

Not quite the same without rice but a very solid meal and will make again. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • GIG_Smoker
    Options
    Anybody still doing keto?
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    I’ve lost 45 pounds with a combination of keto, intermittent fasting and 3-4 day a week workouts. I’ve plateaued out lately though. Lost another 4 pounds or so but really need to dial it in again. Trying to drop 10-15 more but these last few pounds have been hard. 
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    I’ve been low carb but not necessarily keto for over 3 years. Just seems to work for us, keeps us at our high school weights and we feel better. 

tonight was shrimp in a garlic cream sauce served over shirataki noodles. I keep trying to like these, but they just won’t soak up sauce like pasta. Our preference with this sauce is cauliflower rice. 

Greensboro, NC