Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A very censored post.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
As to not offend anyone, I will keep words to a minimum and show only user friendly photos. 

Hope y’all enjoy my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Hell Yea!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Let me guess... coon links??
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262

Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Now that’s called production. Looking good Scottie. I want to know more about the picture with the saw. It appears you have a cutting board with two pipes installed to stop the meat from sliding forward. Do you only cut on the push stroke?
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    Jstroke said:
    Now that’s called production. Looking good Scottie. I want to know more about the picture with the saw. It appears you have a cutting board with two pipes installed to stop the meat from sliding forward. Do you only cut on the push stroke?
    I will PM or text you the answer. I’m trying to keep words to a bare minimum on the forum so I don’t accidentally offend anyone. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jstroke
    👍
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    Heck Ya!!!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    I have say, I admire your sausage.   Not that there’s anything wrong w that.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • People always say you don't want to see how sausages or laws are made...I disagree about the sausages.  Those look delicious. 

------

1 Large BGE

Boston, MA

• SGH
    Any of you old timers know what this is?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:

Is it possible I saw something like this in the 50 Shades trailer?
  • SGH said:

I don’t consider myself old yet, answer, “what is a scale?”
  • SGH
    SGH said:

Be more specific. What was that scale used for?

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

Be more specific. What was that scale used for?
    Measuring weight of stuff.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• push and pull or consistancy
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Jstroke
    It is a scale typically used for measuring the weight of cotton bales
  • SGH
    Jstroke said:
    Bingo👍

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Jstroke said:
    This small scale in the pic above was for weighing cotton bags or sacks. The larger version of the scales (I have one of those too) was for weighing bales. But you are correct, cotton scales. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    That one indicates it was used to scale up to 200 lbs. usually there are some counter weights shaped like a very small school bell that slide on the beam. Usually two for dialing it in. It works much like an old fashion scale at the doctors offices. With the weights that slide. 
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    How about taking a trip to Ky and bring a few tools?  We have a 1400 lb beef we need to get slaughtered.  Sadly, my grandfather who butchered all their hogs and beef died before I was 4 and no one continued doing that.  
       I can remember the scalding box and still have two big lard kettles from killing hogs. Really wish he hadn’t died so young and I could have learned from him. 
      Soon as I can find a cheap upright freezer, that old boy will be steaks and burgers. 

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Your the man Scottie

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Brings back memories, as we used to butcher 2 hogs on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Made lots of sausage too, but I really liked the fresh “cracklings” we fried up with beer!
  • SGH
    FarmerTom said:
    still have two big lard kettles 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Brings back memories, as we used to butcher 2 hogs on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I see the suns out, where is that Brisket???

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dang that looks like a party. I know you have a grill going somewhere, it doesn’t get any fresher! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Those hanging hogs are sweet.  Made me remember when I got in trouble in grade school when I took an eyeball for “show n’ tell”.  The Nun’s (Catholic school) were shocked by it and called my mom.  I was so proud of that pigs eye!
  • SGH
    JRWhitee said:
    I see the suns out, where is that Brisket???
    That’s tomorrow’s project. Been busy all day cutting and grinding. 

Status- Standing by.

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Hmmm I am reconsidering my decision of letting this guy live today.
    Dyersburg, TN