Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Couple yard birds 
    How’s the Weber? 
    Really liking it. The push button start and the removable ash pan are great. Only 2 cooks so far beef ribs and these chickens but dialed in 250 and 350 no problem. Ran it up to 400 to crisp the skin a little on these chickens then shut it down and it was at 150 in 20 minutes. Only thing I have noticed is the push button start isn’t centered so you have the stir the coals after starting or the right side starts hotter but not a big deal especially if you use the charcoal baskets it comes with you can just slide them over. Gonna do a picnic shoulder over night tomorrow so we’ll see how that goes. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Couple yard birds 
    How’s the Weber? 
    Really liking it. The push button start and the removable ash pan are great. Only 2 cooks so far beef ribs and these chickens but dialed in 250 and 350 no problem. Ran it up to 400 to crisp the skin a little on these chickens then shut it down and it was at 150 in 20 minutes. Only thing I have noticed is the push button start isn’t centered so you have the stir the coals after starting or the right side starts hotter but not a big deal especially if you use the charcoal baskets it comes with you can just slide them over. Gonna do a picnic shoulder over night tomorrow so we’ll see how that goes. 
    First long cook will be over night?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,473
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    And so begins the deep dive...
    That room need some carpet!  Just sayin.  
    He has socks...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Don’t you have a day job? Only kidding....this will be good.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Just arrived..... long day

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I am officially jealous! 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Chowing down...
    Chowing down...
    What’s the jizz you’ve got all over everything?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Drinking a cold one and wishing Mitch Hedberg was still around

https://youtu.be/J-zFQ9fOTSU
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Watching Casablanca commercially unintrusive. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Chowing down...
    Nola is that Craft Mac N Cheese? Cheapest food on the planet but one of the best. 
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    Trimming my nails with these

Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    KennyCJR said:

Are you in Gitmo? That looks scary.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Those are cool.
    edited December 2018
    Options

edited December 2018
    Options
    redundant posts 
    edited December 2018
    Options
    can't delete them
    edited December 2018
    Options
    about to cut up some plywood I bought today for shelves
    Options
    KennyCJR said:

Dual purpose?
    Looks like the other end might be used by a mohel.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    that's wrong, man
    Options
    Got a new (to me) vacuum pump from Brisket Camp Jack.  Just wired up and testing.  It's small and portable.
    Options
    I’m as giddy as a kipper, but there’s still three more days of fixtures in the PL.   And this is when fatigue really kicks in for the players.  ‘Lets just call it a 0-0’ is probably on most players minds right now.  But don’t worry, no PL on the weekends, but the FA cup starts.   So just as Europe start their mid-season break - we double down on fixtures.

Strap in then;
    1/1/19
    Lunchtime / breakfast / too early : Everton & Leicester - the essence of mid-table m’eh. 1-1 (clean sheets are like hen's teeth this season)
    Fancy Dan’s host Posh Boys. Arsenal need to rediscover some form but Fulham are steadying under Ranieri. 1-0 the Gunners
    Newly vibrant Cardiff host ‘No-longer Champion contenders’ Spurs.  They will be tired and leggy, Cardiff won’t. Home win not impossible. 1-0 The Bluebirds.

In the EFL there’s crunch game for @Eoin 's Stoke at home to Bristol City.  Missed out at Bolton and need to beat these play-off hopefuls. I’m going 2-1 Stoke. 

2/1/19

Bournemouth need to find that goal-loving feeling again.  They will against Watford 2-1 home win.
    Chelsea need to and, and will, get their momentum back against Southampton. Big Ralph had an immediate impact but thats gone and the team are not yet ready for his high energy / high press style.  2-0 Les Bleu.
    Huddersfield are falling well off the pace, 7 starlight defeats. Burnley, I think, are coming back. 2-0 away win for Dyche’s lads.
    West Ham are being a bit West Ham - inconsistent,  but they’ll have enough to match the solid mid-table Seagulls for a nondescript and polite 1-1. 
    Palace head up to Wolves and will be on their chin-straps.  If we hang on for a draw I will be thrilled. Probably 2-0 to Nuno’s chaps though. Wholesale changes needed up front for Palace. 
    Ole’s flyers (three easy matches, lets be honest) head to Newcastle.  Don’t see any change in recent outcomes. Pogba to be heavily involved in the goals & what a surprise the ‘injured’ are all returning for a slice of the fun pie. 3-0 to the Reds.

3/1/19 

At last it ends and its possible the league decider…. The Kloppsters pop down the road to everyones favourite working class northern hero billionaire scamps, City.  Would have been better played 10 days ago, but with Fernandinho back and Aguerro scoring, not the foregone conclusion it might have been.  I am going against the tide and calling it for the Manc’s. 2-1 despite Van Dyke’s best efforts. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    IP Black Eyed Peas and Collard Greens for tomorrow. Making Celtic Wolf's corn bread from the 2008 Florida Eggfest tomorrow to go with it. Going to use the Large egg for the cornbread; I remember having his cornbread in Ocala. Good stuff. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    A little late but just finished Christmas with my parents 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Sitting on the beach

Which one of those boats is yours?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just saw this at Wally World anyone use it?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Looks like Blackstone is finally getting it right.