Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Christmas Story. Again. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Christmas Story. Again. 
    Me too. Never gets old. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Waiting for Santa to slide down the chimney 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
    You plan on pulling a Yoshihiro Hattori on Santa?
    Options

There sure are some nice plates being turned in lately.

Well, it's Christmas day, so in just a few hours these will become stocking stuffers, along with instructions to not eat for about a month.  

Hopefully everyone has a nice day with family - Merry Christmas.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Turkey in the XL.

• Eoin
    Options
  • Eoin
    Options
    Pigs in blankets in the Egg. Probably the end of the pictures, drinking is about to commence.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Eoin Regarding running any Q rig I have some house rules; fire in the hole-time for an adult beverage; food on-time for an adult beverage and then as many a decided for appropriate supervisory monitoring.
    Merry Christmas-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Heating a full pan of 7 layer Lasagna for a late afternoon family get together at our nieces house. Home made lasagna was a staple of the Christmas gathering, brought by a grandmother who is no longer with us. Going to surprise her son and grandson. It should feed 18 so there will be leftovers to share with them. No pictures until later.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Frying Cajun turkeys and then shrimp. 

Getting the oil up to 425 as we speak. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Options

Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Got a war wound from the thermo. That’s what happens when you roll your big a$$ outta bed, throw it on and go back to bed.  
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    A Las Vegas Christmas miracle! As much of a white Christmas as we will ever have. 
    Now basking in the destruction of Christmas morning before hitting the streets in a few hours. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Battleborn -Stay safe as I'm sure the post Christmas family conflicts come into full bloom as the evening wears on.
    Merry Christmas-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn -Stay safe as I'm sure the post Christmas family conflicts come into full bloom as the evening wears on.
    Merry Christmas-

Appreciate it 'cap. Our Sgt. brought in a Christmas dinner for nice. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Options
    Acn said:

And resting....

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Better to be lucky than good.  The friggin (any other kind) cow tried to accelerate the cook and did a good job.  Fortunately only running around 250-260*F on the dome so there wasn't  a whole lot of carry-over.  However, with the target dinner hour moving well into delay time (some (key word) of which I had anticipated) I figured, "here's comes the med-well roast."
    Turned out dang near on the money for the med-rare folks.  All's well that end's well.
    Thanks for lookin-
    Merry Christmas
    I would expect nothing less but perfection from you Frank. Beautiful roast. Merry Christmas to you and family.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Merry Christmas.. 

I know I don't post cooks often, but I actually use my egg and do more than just a drinking thread poorly...

Achiote marinated turkey breast on the mini max.. I used to do the whole bird but got lazy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Better to be lucky than good.  The friggin (any other kind) cow tried to accelerate the cook and did a good job.  Fortunately only running around 250-260*F on the dome so there wasn't  a whole lot of carry-over.  However, with the target dinner hour moving well into delay time (some (key word) of which I had anticipated) I figured, "here's comes the med-well roast."
    Turned out dang near on the money for the med-rare folks.  All's well that end's well.
    Thanks for lookin-
    Merry Christmas
    Only issue I have is I want a thicker slice. Bravo!
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @bucky925 your lady put a lot of love in those decorations.  Much like mine did.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Battleborn thanks for doing what you do.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Acn
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD