Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    LGA - BNA 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Just walked into the house from running some errands... he didn't move. He's turning into a ferocious guard dog. 
    My wife got home yesterday and both of ours were laying in front of the gas logs. No idea who turned them on. I am traveling so it is not my OLD acting up this time. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Just walked into the house from running some errands... he didn't move. He's turning into a ferocious guard dog. 
    10 to 1 he knew it was you already ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    10 to 1 he knew it was you already ;)
    100% he knew it was me... about 3 minutes before SWMBO got home he went and grabbed his harness and say by the front door. She always walks him when she gets home from work. 
    He is really amazing me with how smart he is and has already picked up on our routine. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Going to smoke some cheese if I can figure out how to keep this tube lit. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Watching this NC/SCstorm evolve. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Oh sh!t....do I need to go out tonight for bread and milk?

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    It's all a business plan between the local grocers and the weather guessers to manage inventory this time of year.  When the inventory gets out of whack on the high-side then here comes the storm to fix it.  At least that's the way it seems around here.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Right now they are calling it a 3 loafer!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    SGH said:
    Making some soup. 

Jeez buddy, how about a courtesy flush. 
  • frazzdaddy
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    It's all a business plan between the local grocers and the weather guessers to manage inventory this time of year.  When the inventory gets out of whack on the high-side then here comes the storm to fix it.  At least that's the way it seems around here.  =)
    Yepp,  it's the Russians, the NGA hired em to do just that. They hacked the EURO,GFS the UKMET and the FV3.  It's gonna be sunny and 65 in NC on Sunday.  Seriously though , this is going to be a big deal for some folks.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Shop kitty on the electric heating pad...  cold outside, warm in the shop.
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Got a nice tram ride to the top and did a short hike around the snow covered peak of Sandia Mountain.  

Some Gawjus scenery right there. Gawjus.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    edited December 2018
    Options

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @thetrim
    Beautiful images. 10,000 feet plus, thin air.
    Have fun.
    Great place for skiing and boarding, due to proximity to the city and ease of access.
    Do any shredding?
    There is a beautiful trail to the top if you have time to do it. One of the most beautiful I have seen. Hard climbing, 3000ft+ in elevation, brutal on the joints coming down.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @thetrim
    Beautiful images. 10,000 feet plus, thin air.
    Have fun.
    Great place for skiing and boarding, due to proximity to the city and ease of access.
    Do any shredding?
    There is a beautiful trail to the top if you have time to do it. One of the most beautiful I have seen. Hard climbing, 3000ft+ in elevation, brutal on the joints coming down.
    My buddy and I climbed Sandia before I got PCS'd, a long climb and I was in my prime years then (28 or so).  We had a relaxing lunch at the top and took the Tram back down.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Unfortunately we got on the mountain very late.  Damn work!

I did some hiking on a trail on the top and could feel the altitude.  We were up there for an hour or so then back down. I would’ve loved to take a day and do the La Luz trail, but couldn’t make it happen. 

I am always amazed at the diversity of geology and natural beauty here in the good ole USofA.   I’ve been to 46 States and each are beautiful in their own ways.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Beer and pretzels.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    My wife's boss just gave us her tickets to the Knights/ Blackhawks game tonight. Pretty stoked to go see my first hockey game in person. 
    hockey is the only sport i prefer live in person. the rest i can watch on tv.  if you enjoy the game this time of year, get a playoff ticket to compare, its night and day different in intensity
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Beer and pretzels.
    Beer...I brought home a bag of pretzels 🥨 from my earlier flight. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My wife's boss just gave us her tickets to the Knights/ Blackhawks game tonight. Pretty stoked to go see my first hockey game in person. 
    Best spectator sport in the world. I had season tickets to the Thrashers when Atlanta had them. Hated to see them go. Hope you enjoy it! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have to say, based on recent experiences that Chicago O’Hare has to be right up there at the top of worst airports to connect thru.  

There are so many people and so few places to drink.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I have to say, based on recent experiences that Chicago O’Hare has to be right up there at the top of worst airports to connect thru.  

There are so many people and so few places to drink.   
    When you have trouble getting through the terminal because of the line at McDonalds, that’s probably not a good airport.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Best spectator sport in the world. I had season tickets to the Thrashers when Atlanta had them. Hated to see them go. Hope you enjoy it! 
    Man I had sooo much fun as canes fan when the thrashers came to Raleigh and damn , those road trips to A town. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.