Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:
    I have to say, based on recent experiences that Chicago O’Hare has to be right up there at the top of worst airports to connect thru.  

There are so many people and so few places to drink.   
    When you have trouble getting through the terminal because of the line at McDonalds, that’s probably not a good airport.
    Not a fan of O'Hare or Midway. When I book connectors, I book around those AP, if at all possible. Weather kills more flights to and from Chicago than just about any other city, I think.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,353
    edited December 2018
    Options
    At least there are bars/taverns.  Friggin LGA-the gate section I use in the lottery doesn't have any.  WTFO? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    My wife's boss just gave us her tickets to the Knights/ Blackhawks game tonight. Pretty stoked to go see my first hockey game in person. 
    Echoing all the above regarding the experience live.  Only sport that is still too fast for HDTV.  Recall trying to watch in B&W several decades ago (USA side of the border with GWN, 45 miles south of Montreal).  4 total TV channels (two from Montreal-one English, one French).  Hockey was the name of the game. 
    And yes, when in DC in the mid 80's was a partial season tix holder with the Caps for three seasons. 
    Would guess Las Vegas is quite a different vibe but enjoy the event. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Unsolicited shout-out to @smokingal.  I recently ventured down the lamb ribs road, only to be disappointed by the overly heavy (to me) fat to meat ratio.  The site buy necessitated quite a few packs of ribs so I had a few to experiment with.  
    PM'd a few pics and the cook environment with a request for help as the fat cap kicked my a$$ on two cooks.   Return serve in a matter of a few hours with some very detailed insights that I will go with on the next cook.  Thanks again @smokingal .  I will either win this deal or declare victory and move on ;)

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    A little earlier, but 3 PRs in 4 races today. 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Pouring through mindless posts on various forums trying to find something interesting to read 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Y'all were correct. That was hands down the best live sporting event I have been to. And it was a hell of a game. 
    @Battleborn Yes it is.  I watch no sports on tv. I also only go to games when I absolutely have to.  But if I have to go to any games, hockey is my number 1 choice. 
    My wife on the other hand has been to over 100 hockey games and different 18 venues for that sport.
    Whatever - if she likes it.... “Have fun, hun”
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Listening to Baby It's Cold Outside by the Veggie Tales
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Y'all were correct. That was hands down the best live sporting event I have been to. And it was a hell of a game. 
    @Battleborn Yes it is.  I watch no sports on tv. I also only go to games when I absolutely have to.  But if I have to go to any games, hockey is my number 1 choice. 
    My wife on the other hand has been to over 100 hockey games and different 18 venues for that sport.
    My wife, who hates watching sports, absolutely loved it too. It was kinda hilarious though, she would be looking at the other end of the ice for the puck when it was at our end. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

I hope this works.  This guy puts @DMW and @nolaegghead to shame

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    got lucky with the seats, corners are great.  used to have seats in the old boston garden section 6 lower loge right up against the glass. away goalie side 1st and 3rd periods. the old rinks with the tight corners were always bloody =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    My wife, who hates watching sports, absolutely loved it too. It was kinda hilarious though, she would be looking at the other end of the ice for the puck when it was at our end. 
    That's great that she liked it.  Mine started out first season not wanting to go.  By the end she would get pissed when I'd take a client or friend instead of her.  With 42 home games in a season though there was plenty to go around.  My best attendance record for a season was 38 of 42 home games.  Afraid to total up what I spent on tickets, food, beer, whiskey.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tuba Christmas 

175 tubas playing in the rain
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Got my brother a birthday cake. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited December 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I have to say, based on recent experiences that Chicago O’Hare has to be right up there at the top of worst airports to connect thru.  

I have to say Atlanta is one of the best, @JohnInCarolina will concur.  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    if you are stuck in miami and all the boston flights are cancelled, chicago is your best bet to get to boston when the flights come back up. those guys will get you on a plane and cancel someone elses seat faster than you can say thanks. its almost like they have the cancel button half pushed when you ask
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    thetrim said:

I have to say Atlanta is one of the best, @JohnInCarolina will concur.  =)

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    1.5 lbs of sea bass and a 1.5 lb ribeye for surf and turf.  No pix, only satiety.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Cooking some loaded baked potato soup that is really cauliflower (I did throw two small baked potatoes in too,  don't tell SWMBO) for dinner as she is on a no carb/low carb diet. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    In the midst of an allergy attack that isn't responding to medication and feeling quite miserable.   :|
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • lousubcap
    Options
    smokingal said:
    In the midst of an allergy attack that isn't responding to medication and feeling quite miserable.   :|
    Hope it's not cooking, documentation, presentation and forum help-desk related.  Seriously, I hope you get this whipped right now.  Given the near-term projected weather headed your way, there are some big changes bearing down.  Best of luck-
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    smokingal said:
    Hope it's not cooking, documentation, presentation and forum help-desk related.  Seriously, I hope you get this whipped right now.  Given the near-term projected weather headed your way, there are some big changes bearing down.  Best of luck-
    I've been struggling since October but it's gotten a lot worse these past few weeks.  I opened a spice packet that came with the sugar cure I used on some beef navel the other day and literally ended up sneezing non-stop for 2 hours.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Dang- I guess when you orbit in the highest levels of the cooking world and are out always exploring some new things you may get snake-bitten.  I hope you are able to wrap up the cooking project (I have seen the beef navel post) and get this deal behind you. 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Being sick sucks. Good luck buddy 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)