Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Dang, put out a spread like that and your guests have to peel their own citrus? For shame!!!!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Currently guarding acorns for my last hunt of the weekend. Hopefully it’s productive. Full moon killing me
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    DMW said:
    Had friends over, cooked some stuff.

Man-all I can say is that it is time for me to look in the mirror and decide whether or  not to step up my game. I don’t get too many complaints from visitors but it sure ain’t that good looking—heal clicking salute right there.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Haters gonna hate 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Haters gonna hate, Part II:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Haters gonna hate. 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Gasket upgrade on the XL. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    ColtsFan said:
    Did you pay the man?!!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I thought before we did the big after Thanksgiving clean up I would make one more mess in the kitchen. Nothing fancy, just some Dixie Cornbread (our version of Mexican Cornbread). 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    YEMTrey said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Did you pay the man?!!!
    Lol. I didn't get this one from Ron. Bought the material at the hardware store... Shhh
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Being given cold shoulder by SWMBO

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• I don’t know if any of you all have done any work around goats but this is what I am up against 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• BulletGrillHouse
    BulletGrillHouse Posts: 107
    edited November 2018

XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    About choked myself out of the house today.
    I think I've posted before about burning myself out on pizza 3, 4 years ago; haven't really had any since then and certainly haven't made one.  Well, TG leftovers are finally done, and after too many meals of ham and scalloped potatoes, a pizza actually sounded pretty good.  I dug out the pizza stone, wiped the dust and cobwebs off it, put it in the oven and set it for 425º, then drove off to the local Papa Murphy's for a "$5-Fave Pepperoni" (honestly, I cannot make a similar pie from scratch for that low a cost).  
    Walked back into the house and it stunk, apparently I hadn't wiped the stone off very well.  I unwrapped the pie and threw it on the stone, went into the den to work on the computer a bit.  
    Then, the fire alarm went off.  I walked back into the kitchen and the smoke was pretty thick, and the timer went off just then too.  I pulled the pizza out, and the smoke was just rolling off the pizza stone.  I killed the heat, turned on the kitchen and the furnace fans, and opened up all the windows/doors (and, yay, it was 38º outside).  Pizza tasted okay, and when the oven was cool I pulled the stone and back out into the garage with it.  
    I've only used that stone for pizzas, never had any meat grease drip off it (I use a platesetter for indirects), but the smoke smelled like burned motor oil and the stone was an unusual black color.  I don't know if some old oil got spilled onto it, or what.  House still reeks 5 hours later.  
    Will have to try a clean-burn with the pizza stone in-place, otherwise I'll be buying a new pizza stone.  Can't figure out what happened.   :s

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

•  No way I would leave the house with the oven on...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I hate hackberry trees. Gotta pressure wash everything twice a year. Insane how much it drips on everything. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Apple wood bacon. Then some steaks and burgers.
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @SGH congrats brother . Good eating right there
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    DuckDogDr said:
    @SGH congrats brother . Good eating right there
    Thanks. I see sausage in my future =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Botch said:
    thetrim said:
    Started off the day w a 57 minute swim (1.75-2 mi) in the Gulf of Mexico.  

The shrinkage is real, my friends.  

I think my core buy temp is still in the eighties.   
    Wetsuit?  That's a long time to be in cold water. 
    @botch No wetsuit this weekend, but I did just get one this morning thru a cyber Monday deal. 

We'll see how long I can go with out wearing one, but I don't see me making it more than a couple more weeks. 

I have a 3.1k swim I'm training for that happens on Jan 13.  I'll definitely need it that day.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665

winter jacket and an additional fleece liner, how cold is it down there =) the cats even basking in the sun
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Wondering why the the site doesn't automatically refresh when i go back to the main screen?  Anyone else notice this?

Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    blasting said:

Wondering why the the site doesn't automatically refresh when i go back to the main screen?  Anyone else notice this?

Yes. The comment indicator is still highlighted for me when leaving a post as if I never clicked on it previously 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Yep-been happening since sometime last week, do not recall when I first noticed it. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    takes me back to page 1401 evrytime i open the post then a few clicks to get here. maybe the buffalo is sick of this post
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    It's the Russians. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay