Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Blake’s Peace Out Matters

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Legume said:
    kaybee said:
    Not that my departure will have anything like the impact of Blake's but I'm gone too.

I just recently went through the process of deciding which of the two Q forums I follow I am going to put my cooking documentation efforts in to. It's not this one. I want to be able to send people links to posts that don't end up devolving into double blade razors, digestive effects of beets or the increasing vitriolic political discussion that is happening.

You folks have fun but I can't take it any more.
    Peace Out from kaybee too.

Off to unsubscribe my RSS feed,
    You'll find me over at Kamado Guru if interested, same handle.
    Somebody should reach out and notify @kaybee that the #peaceout is over.
    Unlike others I'm thinking Kaybee was serious about peace-ing out and won't be returning. I read this post on the KG forum a couple weeks ago - a snippet:

" ...I thought about another forum (nameless but it goes strange on Friday nights and spends WAY too much time on double edge razors - if you read that forum you know which one I'm taking about). I decided I did not want the Twitter stuff linked to that forum because of the odd stuff. I can take a joke as well as the rest of them and often find said forum hilarious, it just not one I really want my digital presence directly linked to."

Kaybee must really dislike double edged razors.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Sounds like she was more interested in promoting her Twitter feed than being a productive member here. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    HeavyG said

I sort of fancy them myself. Who knew that could be a trigger :wink:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG said

I sort of fancy them myself. Who knew that could be a trigger :wink:

Do you generally hold the Astra in your hand, or do you have some sort of shaving apparatus?
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited November 2018
    edited
    @GrateEggspectations I do both. Mostly freehand with the blade. But when I do use an apparatus I have a nice walnut lame but, a wooden coffee stirrer or Starbucks green plastic lid cap/stirrer also have their place.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Legume said:
    I joined 37 different bbq forums over this past week.  I’m now in the process of evaluating and scoring them and will begin the weeding out process followed by the #peaceout maneuver soon.  I hope to get it down to one.  If you don’t see a #peaceout from me here in the next week or two, then I have chosen this forum.
    Is this some form of self prescribed therapy? I just don’t get it. I largely share your view btw, but is there joy for you guys in the continuous public flogging? Oh well, hope it works for you. Now back to some other OT thread. LOL 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:
    kaybee said:
    Not that my departure will have anything like the impact of Blake's but I'm gone too.

I just recently went through the process of deciding which of the two Q forums I follow I am going to put my cooking documentation efforts in to. It's not this one. I want to be able to send people links to posts that don't end up devolving into double blade razors, digestive effects of beets or the increasing vitriolic political discussion that is happening.

You folks have fun but I can't take it any more.
    Peace Out from kaybee too.

Off to unsubscribe my RSS feed,
    You'll find me over at Kamado Guru if interested, same handle.
    Somebody should reach out and notify @kaybee that the #peaceout is over.
    Unlike others I'm thinking Kaybee was serious about peace-ing out and won't be returning. I read this post on the KG forum a couple weeks ago - a snippet:

" ...I thought about another forum (nameless but it goes strange on Friday nights and spends WAY too much time on double edge razors - if you read that forum you know which one I'm taking about). I decided I did not want the Twitter stuff linked to that forum because of the odd stuff. I can take a joke as well as the rest of them and often find said forum hilarious, it just not one I really want my digital presence directly linked to."

"I can take a joke as well as the rest of them...."  Apparently not.

How do you get to take yourself so seriously that you worry about your digital presence anyway?
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited November 2018
    blasting said:

My world has flipped.  I now go to my teenage daughter to escape forum drama.

That last sentence might sell a few t-shirts.

I may have to join a teenage Facebook page to avoid the drama of this forum as well... or watch soap operas....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    HeavyG said:

Normally I’m one of the first to say that I hate to see anyone leave for any reason. More often than not I PM them and try to talk to them. However, if he truly hated DE’s, then good riddance. That’s just unforgivable in my book. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Legume said:
    I joined 37 different bbq forums over this past week.  I’m now in the process of evaluating and scoring them and will begin the weeding out process followed by the #peaceout maneuver soon.  I hope to get it down to one.  If you don’t see a #peaceout from me here in the next week or two, then I have chosen this forum.
    Is this some form of self prescribed therapy? I just don’t get it. I largely share your view btw, but is there joy for you guys in the continuous public flogging? Oh well, hope it works for you. Now back to some other OT thread. LOL 
    I don’t know who “you guys” is.  But speaking for myself, Pete, I’m just poking at how seriously some folks seem to take themselves with their posts.  See Eoin’s post above?  That’s what I’m saying, just in my own way.  He’s British, so by definition his social graces are more developed than mine.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    YukonRon said:
    Agreed there is irony.
    There is also an opportunity for us all to realize with so many members, the BGE Forum is larger than any single person or imagined group.
    The forum is a source used differently by everyone to meet their needs.
    Those critical of the manner in which this forum has evolved, need to take breath and step back for a minute. I will not be critical, nor should you care.
    This forum will always cross wires for somebody, and that is a shame.
    It is still the best place to see and learn how to cook.
    It is still the best place to learn how to deal with all the ideosyncracies of the Big Green Egg.
    It is the best place to learn of Big Green Egg gatherings.
    It is the best place to obtain guidance with policy and proceedures regarding The Big Green Egg.
    It is a great place to learn of modifications, and available accessories, with insight on their performance.
    It is also a great place, with so many great cooks, to meet and form friendships, that (I hope) last a lifetime, and share life happenings, ideas and opinions.
    We all will find things posted, which we individually may not agree with, and mine are of no exception. I do try not to abuse the forum, but I fail.
    Nobody that ever posted anything on this forum is immune. Nobody.
    The day it becomes mandatory for the Big Green Egg forum to no longer be a a social gathering place amongst friends, and strictly individual cooking shows, my participation will most certainly recede.
    So to those which take that break, and got that breath, welcome back, you have been missed. This forum is stronger with you than without you.
    Those which take a stance on what it should only be, you are missing out on so much this place has to offer. I appreciate your opinion, but unfortunately, I know I do not share it.
    However, you are still my friend, and I look forward to any manner of participation you so choose, as I will always learn something from you, to which I am grateful.
    I think this is why Blake's "Peace Out" matters, to me, anyway.
    Peace.
    A raised glass to you sir! Truer words have not been said on this forum!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    You people are horrible chasing all these great contributors away. We really need to change the focus here. So I know a lot of you use double edge razors on your face but are they safe for my nuts?
  • SGH
    Lit said:
    You people are horrible chasing all these great contributors away. We really need to change the focus here. So I know a lot of you use double edge razors on your face but are they safe for my nuts?
    Absolutely. Lather them up with a good tallow soap and get after it =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Lit said:
    On a very serious note, if you are into total body shaving, then I highly recommend this. 

There is nothing better for those sensitive and private parts. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Absolutely. Lather them up with a good tallow soap and get after it =)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkYNAEqC7-Q&t=90s
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Scotty can we get some step by step pictorial demonstration? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Donkey milk, and hops.

Hm.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SGH said:
    HeavyG said:

Normally I’m one of the first to say that I hate to see anyone leave for any reason. More often than not I PM them and try to talk to them. However, if he truly hated DE’s, then good riddance. That’s just unforgivable in my book. 
    Maybe he likes a Norelco better?  That's my go to during the week.

Flint, Michigan
  • Lit
    edited November 2018
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    On a very serious note, if you are into total body shaving, then I highly recommend this. 

There is nothing better for those sensitive and private parts. 
    Should I turn the air down and get those firm cold nuts or do I want warm whity tighty nuts? Any good nut razors? 
  • Definitely not cold, picture a grape vs a raisin 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• If you need to “break trail” with your electric trimmer do it outside, no clean up
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    I don’t know who “you guys” is.  But speaking for myself, Pete, I’m just poking at how seriously some folks seem to take themselves with their posts.  See Eoin’s post above?  That’s what I’m saying, just in my own way.  He’s British, so by definition his social graces are more developed than mine.
    Oh, I get it and it’s kinda clever and funny the first twenty times or so. Carry on.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Definitely not cold, picture a grape vs a raisin 
    Tryin' to turn the pictures OFF at this point, egads!  :open_mouth:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume said:
    LOL!!
    Genius!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    OFF TOPIC “Go UCF” 
  • NPHuskerFL
    @JohnInCarolina Welp there's 8:14 I can't get back.
    But, wouldn't using an epilady be more efficient 😂😂😂....ouch-O-rama
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Real men just singe them off with the same torch they use to light their lump.

Smart men just use this: a few squirts in the palm (something already practiced), smoothing around, relax, and rinse:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk