Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Blake’s Peace Out Matters

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    bgebrent said:
    #narcisist.

Any chance we let this thread die a peaceful death?  Asking for a friend..
    That sounds completely possible on a Friday 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    It’s dead, they just forgot to bury it. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Legume said:
    bgebrent said:
    Not interested in anyone turning this into their personal forum.  It would appear, as Blake lamented, some of you have more to discuss than bbg or grilled fish.  Same rules apply. 
    Beans to that Brent.  You shouldn’t have started a non cooking thread.

Suggest you stay away from making any non food posts, walk your talk.

(how many of these   =) do I need with this post?)
    At least 5 =) brother!  Sarcasm doesn’t usually escape you.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I see that we’ve now entered into the “I know you are but what am I?” round of the debate.

He started it!
    I can't deny it.  I take it back.  I'll try to elevate my game going forward.

(I guess this leadership conference I'm attending today is rubbing off on me.  I'm trying to be the bigger man here...)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• It is especially irritating that you can’t agree or like your own post.
    Those with multiple personalities are probably irritated that they can't disagree or flag their own post.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    It is especially irritating that you can’t agree or like your own post.
    Those with multiple personalities are probably irritated that they can't disagree or flag their own post.
    Yes, we are!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    No we aren't!!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• bgebrent
    Walleye pike n stuff.

OT because it was pan fried stove top.  The lobster tails not pictured were grilled on the L along with the lemons.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    bgebrent said:
    Walleye pike n stuff.

OT because it was pan fried stove top.  The lobster tails not pictured were grilled on the L along with the lemons.
    I guess you’ve reversed course on wanting this thread to die. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    edited November 2018
    Are walleye and pike the same?
  • DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    Are walleye and like the same?
    Only in Brent’s world 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    damn typing issues.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    edited November 2018
    Legume said:
    Brent was trying to tell me about some show called “Walleye for the Pike Guy” but I chalked it up to being some Kentucky thing.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    I picked up the walleye on the turnpike.  What’s the issue?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @JohnInCarolina did you get that Woodford Reserve from Brent yet?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    In due time.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    thetrim said:
    In due time.
    Dammit.  I forgot that during the mourning.  I’ll show up.  
  • Who is Blake? And is he still peaced out, or back yet like other peace outers? Are we supposed to peace out when we’re not on the forum anymore, like clocking out at the end of a shift?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Botch said:
    Yes, we are!  
    Botch, are you Nola too? Pretty well disguised troll account, had me fooled.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Legume said:
    I always thought it was like bourbon whiskey. All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Bourbon = walleye. Whiskey = pike 

idk?
  • Botch
    Walleye are great eatin'.  So are northern pike, but there are a lot of bones.  

• DoubleEgger
    Botch said:
    Walleye are great eatin'.  So are northern pike, but there are a lot of bones.  
    Just have to know how to remove the Y bone. 
  • bgebrent said:
    Maybe for you it doesn’t.  You’ve probably never met Blake.  I was fortunate enough to have met him.  His departure is a loss to the collective.  He is  a unique guy and salt of the earth. His sour dough and pizza dough threads are top shelf. 
    I know why he checked out.  Funny many of my friends refute the negative progression that is obvious on the forum.  Status quo is comfortable.  Some of my friends tout the direction of the forum.  It’s not my forum.  Until cooking threads outnumber bs posts ,
    cooking questions or beg questions with anyone cooking fish.  I’ll just stand by.  This is a cooking forum.  Post a great cook.
    The irony in this is that neither his departure announcement post nor his return post of this evening had anything to do with cooking. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    We hate me so.... 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I'm just here to read the comments. Sadly I see no jiggly flesh.  And disturbingly somebody wants my nips on an apron....dude? Hey I guess #don'taskdon'ttell 😂
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited November 2018
    YukonRon said:
    Agreed there is irony.
    There is also an opportunity for us all to realize with so many members, the BGE Forum is larger than any single person or imagined group.
    The forum is a source used differently by everyone to meet their needs.
    Those critical of the manner in which this forum has evolved, need to take breath and step back for a minute. I will not be critical, nor should you care.
    This forum will always cross wires for somebody, and that is a shame.
    It is still the best place to see and learn how to cook.
    It is still the best place to learn how to deal with all the ideosyncracies of the Big Green Egg.
    It is the best place to learn of Big Green Egg gatherings.
    It is the best place to obtain guidance with policy and proceedures regarding The Big Green Egg.
    It is a great place to learn of modifications, and available accessories, with insight on their performance.
    It is also a great place, with so many great cooks, to meet and form friendships, that (I hope) last a lifetime, and share life happenings, ideas and opinions.
    We all will find things posted, which we individually may not agree with, and mine are of no exception. I do try not to abuse the forum, but I fail.
    Nobody that ever posted anything on this forum is immune. Nobody.
    The day it becomes mandatory for the Big Green Egg forum to no longer be a a social gathering place amongst friends, and strictly individual cooking shows, my participation will most certainly recede.
    So to those which take that break, and got that breath, welcome back, you have been missed. This forum is stronger with you than without you.
    Those which take a stance on what it should only be, you are missing out on so much this place has to offer. I appreciate your opinion, but unfortunately, I know I do not share it.
    However, you are still my friend, and I look forward to any manner of participation you so choose, as I will always learn something from you, to which I am grateful.
    I think this is why Blake's "Peace Out" matters, to me, anyway.
    Peace.
    Agree with all of the above, Ron. Well said.

My only supplemental comment would that, should one feel the need to take a break, this need not be accompanied by an announcement of one’s departure only to be followed, very closely, by the proclamation of one’s return (including checking into the forum in between these two events) - for in truth, this is no departure at all. 

If and and when I decide to take a break, I imagine I will simply stop checking into the forum. Should I decide to leave permanently, I will delete my account. For me, fanfare will not factor into the equation in either case.